This is the amp forum - show your amp(s)!

Qlippothic

• Members
DSCN3076.jpg

This is a 1983 "Canadian Market" JCM800 2204 50W head that I just bought along with a 1960A Classic 4x12 cab with greenbacks in it. I've been playing guitar for appx. 30 years and I finally found my tone in this Marshall, took me long enough, eh!
8^)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Picture004.jpg

111806037.jpg

HAWKSFARMHOUSES005.jpg

8-8-05263.jpg

I have since added a volume pedal and a EHX Pulsar to the pedalboard...so it's much more full nowadays than it was when this pic was taken:o

8-8-05141.jpg

Sometime next year I'll add a Germino Lead 55 and a Bad Cat Hot Cat30r...have to pay the bills at the moment though:(

:wave:

• Members

As far as amps go, there's my newly aquired "Canadian market" 1983 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watter with EL34s and 1960A Classic cab with 4 greenbacks.

Then there's my 1976 Fender Twin Reverb that's been "Blackfaced" inside and MV removed, I also replaced the old Utah speakers with 2 Weber California 12" speakers with paper dust domes. Great sounding amp now.

There's also my nice 1970 Traynor YBA-1 BassMaster 50W head with two 6CA7s, the circuit's been tweaked a little and is now pretty darn similar to a Plexi, circuit-wise anyway. Beautiful sounding amp!

Next up is a Peavey Classic 50/410 and matching 1x15 ext.cab, the four 10" stock speakers have been replaced with some Celestions and amp is completely retubed with JJs. Decent tones at a reasonable price.

There's also a small VOX 15W solid state practice amp with Reverb and Tremolo, not bad for when you only want to play for ten or fifteen minutes and don't want to bother wearing down the tubes in the other amps.

Here some pics:

DSCN3090.jpg

DSCN3097.jpg

In the guitar dept, we have a 1996 Gibson LesPaul Standard in Honeyburst, a 1979 Fender Stratocaster, a good quality Samick SG copy with Grover tuners and Gibson pickups, a mid-70s "Lawsuit" Ibanez LP Jr. copy with a kickass P-90 pickup, an Epiphone Dot Deluxe with flame top, a 1984 MIJ Squier SQ Telecaster (very sweet!).

Amp and guitar pics:

DSCN3096.jpg

DSCN3095.jpg

DSCN3094.jpg

DSCN3093.jpg

Next up are the pedals. That baby blue colored VOLZ Chorus was made in Japan in the late 70s and is just about the nicest sounding chorus pedal that you'll ever find and I think that they're kinda rare too(mine is dead-mint!), the MXR Phase 100 is an original, so is the ROSS Flanger, the Boss DM-2 and the Boss DD-3. The Menatone pedal is called the "Snapper Overdrive", it's one of two prototypes that the builder Brian Mena ended up selling, he told me that it's "very close to the Red Snapper", it sounds great BTW.

The MegaVibe by KR Musical Products is a dead-on copy of a 1969 Univibe and I've not heard a better pedal for NAILING that Hendrix Univibe sound, Kevin at KR has nailed it! I must say that the Fulltone OCD is the best overdrive that I've ever bought and I've probably gone through twenty or more, I like to drive this pedal with the Snapper Overdrive set for semi-clean boost, what a great combination using these two pedals together.

PIC!!

DSCN3103.jpg

I saved the freaks for last. These are some homemade pedals that I've built myself over the last three or four years, mostly Fuzzes, Treble Boosters and one MXR Phase 90 clone. The Phase 90 Clone is a kit from BYOC and sounds great but all the other pedals are completely built from scratch. Three of them are housed in skillets! Check out the freak show.
8^)

DSCN3104.jpg

DSCN3105.jpg

DSCN3106.jpg

• Members

Oh yeah, I made all of those pedals. Sorry but I can't post any clips.

The Wild Mushroom is basically just a hybrid Silicon/Germanium Fuzz Face with tons of controls over the entire circuit, I just wanted to see what each part of the circuit would have on the overall sound. There's also a Treble Booster in this pedal, it's the first two knobs on the right and is activated by that footswitch on the right.

This pedal sounds great but just isn't practical given its size and the damn thing probably weighs seven or eight pounds!:D

• Members

Sorry 'bout the unflattering backdrop

Here is my guitar setup.. Over the years I have had quite a few amps and guitars.. This is what I play through now adays. When money allows I will most likaly modify the Jackson. Planing to put a custom pick gaurd with no middle pickup,EMG SA and EMG 85,Grover machine heads,3 way switch, and a switch that will bypass the volume to give me 100% volume.. Bad habit of hitting the volume when I play.. LOL.. as for my Gibson, I REALLY need to replace all the volume and tone pots with new ones. after 10 years of playing it, they crackle something awfull

GuitarsAmp.jpg

Neil.jpg

• Members

I like that SG Was it refinished?

LMAO.... Not that im aware .....well.. I didnt refinish it anyway.. It is possible that it was done before I came it to possession of this fine instrament. I did a serial # search a year or so ago, and according to the serial #, it was produced in june of 1985. Its possible that someone could of refinnished it before I got it.. I personally always thought that TIME and HARD LIVING refinished it

I actually bought that guitar in '92 for $350 off consignment from the local music store and never regretted it. It had that scare that most ppl tend to comment on,then... But hey, Its a Gibson. They just get better with time.

I have been debating on getting a smoke glass colored pick gaurd to cover up the scare.. Dunno though.. Kinda gives it character as is

• Members
mcinku,

That's some nice stuff there, very nice!

Thanks
If you are wondering what that head is... It's Ceriatone 5E3 clone with custom made cab. Not exactly clone, it's slightly moded, so it could take 6L6 tubes.

:thu:

• Members

Dayumm..... Ya all got some mighty nice rigs..

At one time I had a Ampeg V-4 (circa '70) and a Laney.... It suks when people you think are your friends dont really have your best interest at heart:mad:

When I was around 24 I use my V-4 as a power amp and my Randall as a pre-amp... Had it running 2 stock Ampeg 4X12 , an Ampeg 4X12 loaded with celestian 80 watters(320 total), and 2X15........ Surprised I didnt blow {censored} up. The ampeg was the only amp I have ever seen that You could set the ohms down to as low as 2(had 3 settings..2,4,8)... talking bout a speaker killer if you didnt treat it with the utmost respect. The ampeg IMHO had the best reverb of any amp that I have ever heard to this day.

• Members

Here's mine, not an immense set up, but covers most of what I need.

The Engl I've had for a long time, as well as the Ashdown. Unfortunately the Ashdown needs repairing cos it sounds like its behind a brick wall when played, its something in the power section cos the Preamp fed out to the Engl sounds fine, and the speakers sound more than fine (I record with them rather than the Boogie cab).

Anyway, Engl Thunder 50 and Ashdown FA60 Combo, with a Mesa 4x12" Cab for good measure.

Archived