This is the amp forum - show your amp(s)!

Qlippothic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

hey, how's that Peavey Windsor?

It's great. Really really suprising in terms of quality. With a bad monkey in front of it, I can NAIL Mastodon tone. It's a great rock and roll amp. Got a pretty good bark to it, low end can get pretty thumpy too without getting farty, but if you mess with the highs too much they can get really bad sounding. Same for the gain. Put it past 6 or 7 and it starts to get fizzy. Other than that though it's bad ass.

• Members
Work maybe? Not everyone on HCAF is 17 years old ya know:idea:

Still dude, there's probably 15,000 dollars of equipment sitting there (easily). That's a lot of money put towards guitar on top of bills, life expenses, etc, etc. It's not everyday that you walk into someone's basement and find that much gear :wave: .

BTW- it was a half sarcastic statement. So please, let's be mature and keep the derogatory statements to ourselves, ok? :wave:

• Members

If you build your rig over several years, $15,000 isn't that much, provided your other finances are in check. And Dave is a financial advisor, so I'd imagine he understands to not overextend himself.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I'm not trying to accuse him of overextending himself, I'm just saying relative to other people, that's a lot of gear to have.

Archived