This is the amp forum - show your amp(s)!

Qlippothic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
How do you like that Warp head? Was always interested in it. A shop in Brighton recently got the old solidstate Warp head in and it sounded awsome
:D

The WARP X has a GREAT sounding clean channel. And it takes pedals very nicely. But the over all distortion is sort of "roundish" and buzzy........... But in a cool way.

FWIW I read a thread here on HC. In that post, somebody said that the Hughes & Kettner WARP X was H&K's attempt to reach out to the crowd that wants a Bogner Uberschall. But can't afford it.

I would agree with that conclusion. I demoed a Bogner Uberschall. The Bogner was WAY better.

The WARP X is still a cool amp. But I find myself playing my Randall and Mesa/Boogie way more. :blah:

I'd say the WARP X does NOT suck. But also, does NOT rule. :blah:

• Members
Thanks buddy!

No. All factory.

But I did modify my Eventide units with new flux capacitors.
;)

:p

Thanks. I had no idea H&K made that amp until I saw this thread.
Let me know if you think of selling it. My son plays in a band called
Warp Drive. He'd love it.

57GT:)

• Members
Thanks. I had no idea H&K made that amp until I saw this thread.

Let me know if you think of selling it. My son plays in a band called

Warp Drive. He'd love it.

57GT:)

Nice! :thu:

Usally I see a WARP on ebay...ohhh about every 2 or 3 weeks. And their re-sale value is much lower than "bought new". Just spreading the word.

Also, lots of people don't know about H&K WARP. It is their newest amp. But also their least known amp as well.

• Members

Whoa, I looked at your powerbar and just realized how kooky British power outlets are!

:lol:

PS. Crazy nice equipment.

Yeah, i need 8 sockets to power the lot..:love:

That is because all my pedals run on seperate adaptors (tucked under the Mesa Cab) hence the spaghetti in front of it!

Need to get a pedal board sorted quick.

Archived