This is the amp forum - show your amp(s)!

Qlippothic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Injection molded wood? I'm speechless.

Aye, certainly different. When it comes to tone it's definitely my favorite guitar. It always has such a pleasing tone and the coil splitting works great on this guitar. I wish someone would sell a used single coil + trem version, I'd grab that in a heartbeat.

Santuzzo, that's a Diezel Einstein 1x12 combo. I have a big review written already but need to bother recording some clips. I replaced the stock EL34 tubes with 6L6s in mine and feel that improved the cleans a lot. Now they sound very Fenderish and at 50W the clean certainly won't get breakup that easily.

• Members
Santuzzo, that's a Diezel Einstein 1x12 combo. I have a big review written already but need to bother recording some clips. I replaced the stock EL34 tubes with 6L6s in mine and feel that improved the cleans a lot. Now they sound very Fenderish and at 50W the clean certainly won't get breakup that easily.

Kiitos !:thu:

So is that review of yours in the users reviews or is it a thread here on the forum?

What kind of music do you play with that amp?

Would you think it would sound good also for jazz with a big jazz-box?

• Members
Kiitos !
:thu:

So is that review of yours in the users reviews or is it a thread here on the forum?

What kind of music do you play with that amp?

Would you think it would sound good also for jazz with a big jazz-box?

The review is nowhere but on my hard drive. I'll post it here as soon as I record some sound clips to go with it.

It would work for jazz but it wouldn't be my first choice for it - you could get an amp suitable for jazz for a lot less. I mostly play anything from blues to reggae up to hard rock and old school metal on it. The first channel is rather versatile but I wish the second one had less gain.

• Members

The review is nowhere but on my hard drive. I'll post it here as soon as I record some sound clips to go with it.

It would work for jazz but it wouldn't be my first choice for it - you could get an amp suitable for jazz for a lot less. I mostly play anything from blues to reggae up to hard rock and old school metal on it. The first channel is rather versatile but I wish the second one had less gain.

Cheers !

Well, the thing is, I'm looking for a versatile tube amp that'll sound good for jazz AND rock,metal, etc.

I'm considering a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade, but I also wanna try other stuff.

I know the Diezel costs a lot more than a Kettner Switchblade ....

• Members
I've always thought you had the best tone on these boards. Great vids man
:thu:
Never asked though, is that a straight front Mesa oversized? Traditional?

PS. Bring back the Mellon Collie grill!
:p

Thanx mang :thu:
That's the Traditional angled 4x12. The MCIS grill is rolled up in my room now. It was getting torn on the road.

Archived