Ozzy Osbourne: king of metal or overrated mook?

Renoir1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if you were around in '69 you'd get it... otherwise you're all totally clueless

a bunch of 14 year olds discussing the merits of Ozzy... Priceless.
:rolleyes:

Please explain, oh wise old sage of metal. That is of course if you have time to break away from your Scrabble match at the retirement home. :D

• Members

I accidentaly met him once at Heathrow airport and he was a really really cool guy! not a good singer but surely his image since the sabbath years has offered a lot! I voted for he's ok! even rockers need to know when to retire! many of them don't

• Members

Ozzy sucks all the way to hell and back. He has a lousy singing voice, writes bad lyrics and can't sing. He is way overrated. Ronny James Dio is a much better candidate for the title Prince of Darkness.

• Members

im sick of hearing people always talk about ozzy as "teh king of metuhl", because i think he really sucks
:evil:

i'm sick of looking at all of your dumb ass troll threads, but you dont see me making a thread about it every day,do you?

:idea:

• Members

WHAT exactly are you comparing him to?

NEW/Garbage-Garage music (ie:the new/"nu-metal" {censored} that makes up 95% of MTV's Headbangers Ball)?

I LOVE to read the Zakk Wylde hatred by rubes that got scammed by his lackey selling the toy motorcycles! Hahaha!

Step right up! Buy a TOY motorcycle....get a FREE Epiphony!

You TOOLS better watch out for "phishing" scammers!

• Members

i'm sick of looking at all of your dumb ass troll threads, but you dont see me making a thread about it every day,do you?

Oh :o Ok :o ,

sorry :cry:

would you prefer a mave dustaine thread instead? :idea:

and for the record, i dont make one every day, but they keep getting bumped so it looks taht way :wave:

• Members

Oh
:o
Ok
:o

sorry
:cry:

would you prefer a mave dustaine thread instead?
:

what you can't spell "dave" or you just dont like dave mustaine so you spell his name "mave"?

hooked on phonics may be of some help to you, but i dont know-- you'll probably need a tutor because it's probably above and beyond your own intelligence.

-- and dont be sorry-- just shut the fuck up.

• Members

I wouldn't say he's the King of Metal anymore. But in the words of the mighty D I would offer up the title of Kick Ass Duke.

Have his last 10 years been great? No. But the man gave us almost 25 years of good times and great tours. I'll always love the man even if he didn't know when to leave a little mystery in the formula. I'm older (37) and can't forget that he was one of the few regular shining lights for hard rock and metal in the 80's and early 90's. Plus we would never have heard of Randy, Jake or Zakk (early on Zakk if you know what I mean) without him.

Plus even if he's super toasty it's pretty obvious he's a good hearted guy and I can't dis him. His wife is a piece of work!

• Members

metal wouldn't be what it is today without him, and growing up i idolized him as being someone who helped bring some of the world's greatest guitarists to fame (not that they wouldn't have done it otherwise) and an inspiration for fighting drug addictions

these days tho...he's just not the same person anymore, it sucks to see it

Yep. There should've been a choice for "Once was the rawk". ;)

• Members

The guy's a legend. He's done more musically than anyone here will ever do.

So everyone...please....shut the fuck up.

Ozzy "is" the king of metal! :thu:

Only when Ossy leaves this world, can there be a new king.

Archived