Ozzy Osbourne: king of metal or overrated mook?

Renoir1

• Members

im sick of hearing people always talk about ozzy as "teh king of metuhl", because i think he really sucks :evil:

he could never really sing, he just wails, and he's been a joke for over 10 yrs now :lol:

the black sabbath stuff is much better wiht dio too :idea:

notice how ozzy's greatest 2 solo albums are when randy rhoads was with him.........coincidence?........:wave: .....or not?..........:confused:

a lot of his stuff post-randy is very forgettable, tahnks a lot zakk! :cry:

discuss :o

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Blizzard of Oz, Diary of A Madman were great albums.

A lot of the stuff he did with Jake E. Lee was great.

The "No More Tears" album was AWESOME!

Sure Ozzy hasn't done a lot lately but over 30 years he put out a lot of great music.

King of Metal! :thu:

-

• Members

Seeing how he basically didn't write anything he did, I don't have much respect for him, or his wife. Rerecording parts just to get out of paying people is dirty. Ozzy is just a voice as far as I'm concerned. Black Sabbath was Iommi and Butler.

• Members

metal wouldn't be what it is today without him, and growing up i idolized him as being someone who helped bring some of the world's greatest guitarists to fame (not that they wouldn't have done it otherwise) and an inspiration for fighting drug addictions

these days tho...he's just not the same person anymore, it sucks to see it

• Members

metal wouldn't be what it is today without him, and growing up i idolized him as being someone who helped bring some of the world's greatest guitarists to fame (not that they wouldn't have done it otherwise) and an inspiration for fighting drug addictions

these days tho...he's just not the same person anymore, it sucks to see it

Yeah...I've always wondered if the world would have known Rhoads had Ozzy not signed him on. They guy was a teacher, and that's really where is heart was, so would he have just been an unknown (yet phenomenal) guitar teacher in SoCal? Hard to say, although he'd likely still be alive....

• Members

He has to be great, he gets the best talent to play with him. Sabbath is the ultimate hard rock/metal band. RR was amazing, and Lee and Wylde made some pretty good albums too. All he does is "write" the vocal melody and lyrics, the guitarist/band writes all the music. His voice has become iconic though. Tough call.

• Members

sabbath + randy stuff + jake stuff + no more tears are great (its guitarist-dependant though, and yeah zakk is a one-trick pony). i'll admit ozzy is not exactly a talented vocalist or good musician, but he has this certain touch to his songs... he didn't get where he is now on luck alone, i'm certain of it.

Archived