Looks like Korn are using the New 8 String guitars....

Chrisjd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has anyone stopped to think that they might not be downtunning further down? I dunno about you guys but he doesn't have one of the locking trems on that from the look of it. It looks like a floating one to me so they can do that thing where they palm the fine tunnings.

I wouldn't be suprised it they just used one of the strings as a drone or something. I'm probably wrong but I can't see the point in going any lower...

• Members

Why don't they just downtune a 6 string? They don't use all those strings anyway.

they actually do...

and about the meshugguh guitarists, the stuff they play is extremely easy, it's just complicated rhythm wise.

• Members

:p
and how often does he actually do a solo?

his soloing isn't original either, it's a carbon copy of allan holdsworth.

Just about on every song on his solo album :p

It might be a copy of Allan Holdsworth, but when did Holdsworth play polyrhythmic death metal?

• Members

:p
and how often does he actually do a solo?

his soloing isn't original either, it's a carbon copy of allan holdsworth.

He does a solo just about every track and his solo'ing is far from just a carbon copy of Allan Holdsworth. "Entrapment" from Catch 33 has a solo on it that's about as far removed from anyone's solo'ing style as possible. It's like 3 notes being bent up and down in weird rhythms. Sounds shit me explainning it, but it sounds awsome and is VERY hard to play.

I'd rather have a carbon copy (even though he's not) of Allan Holdsworth, then the same boring Dimebag pentatonic licks played over every bloody song. I'm sick of heavy metal solos!

• Members

The Korn thing isn't that surprising. IIRC, don't they tune their 7s down to Ab anyway? So the low F# is just one step lower. I'm no Korn fan, but from what I've heard, don't they drone on the high strings for their clean/effects stuff a lot?

And I'm with blargh and Chudanez- while there's definitely an element of Holdsworth worship in Thorendal's soloing, at least it's something different. Metal needs more fusion, dammit.

• Members

Last time I listened to Korn was life is peachy, and the intro to good god or whatever it was went something like:

E-----20----

B-----------

G-----------

D-----------

A-----------

B-0-0-------

So like, they need two guitarists, one to go "dunga dunga" and one to go "squeee"

Archived