Korg has "major announcement" on september 4:th

big thing

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

Rich is a great guy... We know that much...

Yes, he does a nice job for Korg, being quite knowledgeable and is very friendly to respond. He even participated in some non-Korg threads, socializing with others.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by liliththekitten

View Post

the XL+ sounds good. Its still uglier and has a worse interface than the original plus the VA part doesn't sound as good to me.!

A lot of people seem to like the VA sound of the original MK better than then the XL. Dirtier, more analog sounding. I agree about the interface, too. Patch selection buttons are infinitely superior to turning a dial.

• Members

the microKorg XL+ seems interesting, the more I read it.

apparently the keys are a bit larger, as DV247 claimed, and has effects from Kaoss Pad. It mentions it has sounds from M1, so does it have most of M1's samples ? also included is SGPro1X piano sound, which is convincing enough, as good as Yamaha's piano PLG. I'm just hoping it has M1's symphonic choir type of sound

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead

View Post

microkorg patches seem better than XL+ patches.

It is hard to compare when you consider some of the XL patches were PCM. If they made it just VA to VA on a sound demo, then the original has allot of character which would show through even more. The XL/R3/Radias VA is different. I think their both good, I just needed and preferred the original. The GAIA can easily do the stuff that needs Poly. For BASS the original has a growl and character the XL lost, but the XL has more poly so makes up for it on sounds that need poly wink.gif

Archived