Korg has "major announcement" on september 4:th

big thing

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

It looks like a product announcement (New Electribe with VA and two part analog monosynth please?).

I'd buy that.

Ugh I hope that mono synth is a photoshop job. Well what do I know though.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy

View Post

That's a shop. The knobs are identical, even down to the same perspective angle for the extreme left and extreme right knobs, while the keys DO show perspective change left-right.

Of course it's a shop. There are no dedicated buttons for saving the patch. Two unnamed buttons are not enough for such operation, as you need to choose location (buttons up and down)... Saving and recalling patches with just two buttons and plain screen is theoretically possible, but it would be a nightmare. Plus there is no chorus, which would be such a shame. Eh, detune is there, but looks to simplistic to replace the chorus...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

It certainly fails in element consistancy but a bit of fun... ;-)

The idea is not bad at all. Actually, I usually see better execution of ideas in Photoshop than in a real life.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Klaus

View Post

The Radias was really only a trance machine if you judged it by the presets. I found it to be plenty ballsy for bread-and-butter VA stuff. The waveshaping also seemed to be a rather under-appreciated feature. You could really dig in and make it scream.

I found programming it to be awkward and the sound for the most part, mid range. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not my cup of tea. I probably shouldn't have sold my nord lead and virus.. cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul

View Post

Of course it's a shop. There are no dedicated buttons for saving the patch. Two unnamed buttons are not enough for such operation, as you need to choose location (buttons up and down)... Saving and recalling patches with just two buttons and plain screen is theoretically possible, but it would be a nightmare. Plus there is no chorus, which would be such a shame. Eh, detune is there, but looks to simplistic to replace the chorus...

To me, the joystick is a dead giveaway.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Metrosonus

View Post

I found programming it to be awkward and the sound for the most part, mid range.

There's an EQ section to fix the mid-range sound. If programming seemed awkward to you, it might have been something you overlooked. The MS-2000 had this as well, there's just no knobs for it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man

View Post

Yes, and perhaps the Zeus would later cut Kronos open, and release the other sibling synths from the belly of their greedy father.

That doesn't sound so bad. AL-1 engine released as the RADIAS successor? MOD-7 to be the first FM keyboard in a long time?

• Members

What would be your most off-the-wall prediction for Korg's upcoming announcement?

Here's mine:

"Korg announces partnership with Akai to license complete ROM emulations of all their 'Legacy' and digital synths, custom tailored as iPad apps to work with their new Synthstation 49. This includes the original MS series, 'poly' series, M series, T series, N series, Z1, Wavestation, Trinity, and first generation Triton."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Re-Member

View Post

There's an EQ section to fix the mid-range sound. If programming seemed awkward to you, it might have been something you overlooked. The MS-2000 had this as well, there's just no knobs for it.

maybe... I thought out of the box though the ms2000 had a broader sound. the front panel though to me, was rather tight and not intuitively laid out. I could never break the habit of grabbing the wrong knob.

it's just one of those things. icon_lol.gif But for the sound I like, it wasn't a go to, but if one turned up used at a decent price, I wouldn't object to buying it again.

Archived