Korg has "major announcement" on september 4:th

big thing

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It looks like a nice thing for gigging musicians who need something portable that sounds good. Basically the best sounds of the Kronos without a lot of the bells and whistles. I won't be getting one, but I can see a lot of people ditching their old stage piano for this if the price is right.

Any word on the MSRP?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by zoink View Post
It looks like a nice thing for gigging musicians who need something portable that sounds good. Basically the best sounds of the Kronos without a lot of the bells and whistles. I won't be getting one, but I can see a lot of people ditching their old stage piano for this if the price is right.

Any word on the MSRP?
Would guess it will street competitively with Yamaha MOX series.

• Members

Is that all? Wasn't there talking about 4 products?

At least the sequencer seems to get update and the touch screen editing. Which I like very much and cannot wait to see next Kronos update!!!

Did I see some kind of organ mode, or was it just samples and picture of CX-3?

• Members

wow...major let down if this is it!

wished they'd have fixed the u.i. layout on the microkorgXL+ for setting up arps ...but i guess they want you to hook it up to a computer for that.

the casing looks the same also.....

however i do loike the move to add in retro synth tones and tape filter sounds like that of 60's beatles song.

...have to say the casio synths still have my focus compared to the microkorg....how weird is that?

• Members

So the tea leaves were right again... LOL

M50 replacement over due - noticed them getting sparse on retailer lists

micro KORG Demonic possession editions... yay...

Well that Krome is looking and sounding very good so far... need to adjust my plans me thinks...

• Members

KROME specs hidden in that previous vid:

Nearly 4 GIG of PCM samples...

1200 pre loaded sounds...

Two Ali panels on top of what is a light weight plastic synth is a nice touch (brush and satin style finish)...

The interface, without the need for KRONOS stuff and an obvious rework, is looking much clearer on the screen edit demos...

All good stuff thumb.gif

No other synth engines, but if that means they price this keenly (one store said similar to MOX) then they have changed the game at this end of the market for sure...smile.gif

Archived