Korg has "major announcement" on september 4:th

big thing

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gaul View Post
I think they will announce successor of M50. Notice that M50 is getting out from stock with major discount. They are making place for it's successor. M50 was announced also at early fall 2008, so it's just a regular update to the line.
You're probably right.

I was hoping for something exciting like an analog synth or new Electribe, but they'll probably spin off a lesser Kronos to replace the M50. They could call it Zeus. smile.gif

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by zoink View Post
You're probably right.

I was hoping for something exciting like an analog synth or new Electribe, but they'll probably spin off a lesser Kronos to replace the M50. They could call it Zeus. smile.gif
Yes, and perhaps the Zeus would later cut Kronos open, and release the other sibling synths from the belly of their greedy father.

• Members

I think it was mentioned on gear slutz that the korg forums are kind of buzzing with the expectation of a new electribe release. I don't know what that's based on though..

My dream item from korg would be a rompler based, 16 channel electribe. Basically, take one of their keyboards, scrap the keys and put it into a box with an electribe interface. As much as I love their products (in that genre), I'm kind of tired of the toys they put out. Surely it can't be that hard to cut and paste their circuit diagrams using off the shelf technology?

• Members

1. Get the Electribe EMX
2. Substitute the 5 VA parts with 5 analogue parts
3. Add some analogue drums, esp. bass drum and snare, combine with drum samples
4. Add the sampling capabilities from the ESX to make it one groove box to rule them all
5. Sell for 899 or even 999 street
6. No extra steps necessary! PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock View Post
1. Get the Electribe EMX
2. Substitute the 5 VA parts with 5 analogue parts
3. Add some analogue drums, esp. bass drum and snare, combine with drum samples
4. Add the sampling capabilities from the ESX to make it one groove box to rule them all
5. Sell for 899 or even 999 street
6. No extra steps necessary! PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT
you're being silly...that a "good idea" so it'll never happen....
if they do they better add VELOCITY this time round for recording into the box...so annoying on my EMX!

i wonder if Roland just bought Korg and will announce the merger?...Korg Kronos Accordions?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul

View Post

I think they will announce successor of M50. Notice that M50 is getting out from stock with major discount. They are making place for it's successor. M50 was announced also at early fall 2008, so it's just a regular update to the line.

I'm not too sure about this. The M50 was a budget version of the M3, plus they already had the microSTATION from that engine as well. To make a real successor of the M50, they'd have to make a successor to the M3. It seems more likely that they'd release a budget Kronos instead of an updated M3. Maybe a microKRONOS! Also, it's been six years since the Radias came out. They only sell the rack version now. If anything deserves an upgrade, it's their VA line.

• Members

I know people had their differences with the radias, but how about an actual tool instead of these "toys"? I mean gaia was obviously a gigging synth and the radias was a.. I dunno, trance machine? I just want a nice, ballsy VA that isn't "aimed" at a market.. the market for that has been so stale for years now, especially from the big three.

• Members

No Midi but has presets...

Same layout case wise as the Artuia but different so no photoshop... If this is fake they could have earned more money doing real work.. LOL

He has been editting it on the same link... So now it has midi and new side cheeks facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Metrosonus

View Post

and the radias was a.. I dunno, trance machine? I just want a nice, ballsy VA that isn't "aimed" at a market.. the market for that has been so stale for years now, especially from the big three.

The Radias was really only a trance machine if you judged it by the presets. I found it to be plenty ballsy for bread-and-butter VA stuff. The waveshaping also seemed to be a rather under-appreciated feature. You could really dig in and make it scream.

Archived