Korg has "major announcement" on september 4:th

big thing

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

No other synth engines, but if that means they price this keenly (one store said similar to MOX) then they have changed the game at this end of the market for sure...smile.gif

It is a breakthrough, in a way, that they can offer a 4 gb rompler with 16 track sequencer and touch screen for Mo X prices.

But combined with the MicroKorg XL+ announcement, it's still just part of that race to the bottom.

The Big Announcement™ is that Korg is trying to be Casio.

It needed to be said.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

Call me picky, but I just want them to start making synths again.

I have been thinking about lack of synths lately a lot, but Korg at least does something(and in all fronts too). Yamaha has nothing. It even took the expansions away from Motif.

Krome seems to be nice value and its a pretty heavy contender in its league, but as I have already been going towards Kronos, this only highlights the Kronos's massive value for synth geek.

• Members

I am praying Krome boots quickly and has no fan...thumb.gif

It probably will boot quick and have no fan icon_lol.gif

I also noticed it saved stuff quicker that the MOX. The MOX and XF are great synths and sound really good...

The KROME will be great too by the looks. Just comes down to the luck of the draw on reliability. Hopefully they have raised that bar a bit...

• Members

A new OS for Kronos is nice, but as far as new products go Korg's announcement gets a big "meh" from me. I guess I should just shut the heck up and be really happy that Korg is showing good support and continual development of the Kronos.

• Members

Korg should not have done a live feed -- at least not with two guys whose expertise is not as a demo rep. (The korg rep in the Anderson's vid should have done the live demo. Obviously, that's his expertise, and he has a live demo already rehearsed and polished).

The second mistake was not being prepared for a followup live Q+A chat, or a link to further videos, or downloaded manual. As is, Korg simply invited people to ask "Is that all?", without any prepared response.

I have no feelings yet on the merits of the krome (although the Anderson's vid left me with a mostly favorable impression). But the live feed, as it came off, was not a success. (Well, to be brutally honest, it was a PR train wreck whose only accomplishment I predict will be to give critics, who aren't interested in the krome's featureset, an opportunity to depict Korg itself as a failure. I guess it's Korg's turn to get what certain critics have given to Roland especially the past year).

Archived