Wow, this place REALLY doesn't get the traffic it used to anymore...

NuSkoolTone

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Caligvla

View Post

The only reason I still post here is out of habit and when somebody happens to ask a question I have some experience with ... (It's not really their fault they stumbled into this House of the Dead ... )

... it's just horses for corpses ... A sausage party without the sizzle ...

... Most of y'all personality-wise would be great extras on The Walking Dead (maybe it's just the way this forum is now and it's not your fault) ... Far and away though the most reprehensible though are the passive-aggressive twats that stifle speech because of a held prejudice ...

...Puppy, your ennui is precisely the result of this stifling, uncreative spirit that dominates here (just look at who posts the most here and I will point my finger right at them ... )

... Smothered by mean, jealous types who couldn't "compete" (for lack of a better word) in an oxygen-rich environment ...

Enjoy your wasteland lords of the undead realm ... !!!

Wow. How emo.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Di Nicolantonio

View Post

I agree wholeheartedly.

If anyone really thinks that this forum in particular has any "political" intent or direction, well, I think you're simply wrong. KSS is about keyboards, synths and samplers - not politics.

This forum has become "boring" because the gear and music talk has slowed down (in favor of shoot-the-breeze type threads), NOT because of silly political reasons as someone proposes.

How about we all start to post relevant, interesting music and musical gear threads again? That will revive KSS

Let's all be positive!! smile.gif Less "downer" threads and more gear talk!! smile.gif

Paolo

Have to agree... It is often in peeps minds... As some drift away others join. It's all ebb and flow...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Purity_Control

View Post

My pee drinking thread ended up in Open Jam too. icon_lol.gif

Mostly I post dumbass stuff these days because so much other crap is going on in my life that I don;t have much time or inclination for electronic music right now, or the budget to be playing around with the latest interesting bit of kit.

I know one or two have mentioned PC, but here is a thought...

I once withnessed extreme maturiry from Purity_Control when the sheep following types were following a bad crowd...

A good egg in my book thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

Have to agree... It is often in peeps minds... As some drift away others join. It's all ebb and flow...

Come on, Bernard. Haven't you even considered that we might all just be a bunch of stifling, uncreative, passive-aggressive zombie twats???

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

Come on, Bernard. Haven't you even considered that we might all just be a bunch of stifling, uncreative, passive-aggressive zombie twats???

I do look forward to the day they bring D back...

Hopefully not too many Toy$%

• Members

Current Forum Layout - Love it or hate it, it is the best Internet forum I have ever visited. HC2 resulted in a very good back track and it seems better than before if you excuse the odd technical fart such as the recent crash... Some forums are so unuser friendly, even reading a thread requires multiple actions to allow thread view, absolute nuts...

KSS Members - Generally excellent, a nice bunch of people... rarely do I see people who obviously don't know what their talking about trying to have technical pissing matches with all comers... This place is less attractive to that nauseating kind who see every post as an opportunity to prove to us they are an argumentative idiot that is struggling with some theory they need to talk about it all the time...

Traffic - When it was busier here we also had tons of crap posted, trolling and thread bombing, so frankly, the quality has just gone up in serious threads... Some forums are too busy, people repeatedly posting they want to be ''insert troll type post title'' Serious discussion gets swamped in serious threads too by wannabes. I have no doubt there was also lots of good stuff here in the past...

Forum culture - Spontaneity is natural, so make it happen, don't expect it to happen and then bitch that it's not want you want it to be... To this day there are people still trying to post 100% pure guidance... If you want to teach, set up a web site, you can't expect a forum to be your exact fit... You need also to fit in and let others join in...

wink.gif

• Members

This place is way different than it was back in 2001-2002. A big majority of us went to the music players forum because it's more for the gigging musician. Most guys are over there tour, have toured or play professionally so they vibe is different. There are some monster players over there and know their {censored}. They talk about gear as well but they also talking about gigging, music theory, touring and a slew of other things. Here it's more gear oriented and there is a lot of less substance and a lot of people come of like they are playing in their parents basement. That may not what you want to hear but it's kind of true. I have seen this place go up and down and almost come to a screeching halt. There are about 7-8 people that still post here that cross post as well. I do come here occasionally if it's something interesting.

• Members

It varies for me. It's a habit but a not-very-compelling habit. I come here for fellowship rather than because I give a FF for synths and other equipment. Occasionally, I have something to add and then I add it. Often enough bored by what's actually here but I come by anyway. Wouldn't take too many days blocked by google to get me out of the habit, though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pogo97

View Post

It varies for me. It's a habit but a not-very-compelling habit. I come here for fellowship rather than because I give a FF for synths and other equipment. Occasionally, I have something to add and then I add it. Often enough bored by what's actually here but I come by anyway. Wouldn't take too many days blocked by google to get me out of the habit, though.

I read many threads here and learn much, thank you. Kind of cliquey/clicky. Is FF acronym for Flying F&$@? smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

I love this song so much does this make me old and boring?

idk, I come here because it is a lot slower than other forums. GS is probably a better crowd for me (as long as I ignore the silly drama) though I think ppl there (including me) make a few 90's posts recently. I like a lot of current music too, even "hipster" stuff, though I don't like hipsters we have a lot in common. Still there are good people here. I make music for fun and sometimes its just fun and interesting to learn about music and gear.

• Members

I like the fact that I don't have to spend 30 minutes catching up each time I pop in. This particular forum could use a bit more traffic, but more isn't always better.

Some of the snobbery turns me off sometimes, but there is a good signal to noise ratio here.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by liliththekitten

View Post

I love this song so much does this make me old and boring?

If it does, then I'm right there with you. I love that song too.

You're only capable of being bored if you're boring in the first place. That's the message I always heard in that song. The first track from Behaviour. Come to think of it, anybody here who's bored should probably listen to the second track, and do likewise.

To sort of parrot what Bernard said, complaining that the forum is boring is really just an admission of failure at making it interesting. Those who complain that they're not entertained are really the problem itself. It's no one's job here to entertain you. You want novel and interesting? Make it novel and interesting. Me, I've never been bored in my entire life -- so if you are, I'm sorry, I can't relate.

I also think it's interesting how utilitarian and rationally self-interested some people are about being here. I'm referring to the assumption that coming here has to benefit you tangibly or it's not worth doing -- "If this were a community of REAL musicians, it would be worth my time, blah blah blah." Well, if gigging musicians think people who play in their mothers' basements are not worth talking to, then there's really no dilemma, now is there? I've played synths and other keyboard instruments in a variety of capacities for a very long time, and I LIKE the fact that it's populated with a lot of hobbyists, even some relative beginners, who are just finding their way.

Okay, this is where I get to sound old and crotchety. I feel sorry for people in their twenties, and some people in their thirties. Yours is such a jaded and impatient generation. I'd rather be around people with a genuine sense of wonder about this craft than "professionals" who couldn't be bothered to talk to lowly amateurs.

For you, Lilith:

• Members

You're only capable of being bored if you're boring in the first place.

You're very lucky. You've never been cornered at a party by a true Bore. Believe me, a true Bore will bore anyone. Luckily, on a forum, I can skip ahead--and do.

"A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Di Nicolantonio

View Post

I agree wholeheartedly.

If anyone really thinks that this forum in particular has any "political" intent or direction, well, I think you're simply wrong. KSS is about keyboards, synths and samplers - not politics.

This forum has become "boring" because the gear and music talk has slowed down (in favor of shoot-the-breeze type threads), NOT because of silly political reasons as someone proposes.

How about we all start to post relevant, interesting music and musical gear threads again? That will revive KSS

Let's all be positive!! smile.gif Less "downer" threads and more gear talk!! smile.gif

Paolo

LOL

• Members

sooooo.... let's say Korg and Roland were running for CEO. Korg wants to hand out free hardware and software to everyone that wants it, but Roland wants people of medium income to buy their products, but reduce the costs for rich people.... who would you vote for to be president of a leading company?

hahaha totally kidding here....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjd

View Post

sooooo.... let's say Korg and Roland were running for CEO. Korg wants to hand out free hardware and software to everyone that wants it, but Roland wants people of medium income to buy their products, but reduce the costs for rich people.... who would you vote for to be president of a leading company?

hahaha totally kidding here....

I'd vote for Ciat Lonbarde as a third party candidate.

Archived