Wow, this place REALLY doesn't get the traffic it used to anymore...

NuSkoolTone

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy View Post
He contributes nothing, and was SUPPOSED to be banned in the first place with Diametro, so... Enough.
He/She/It was being a bit of a jerk, but is that really a bannable offense?

I would rather people express their true feelings, so I can assess whether I wish to 'skim & scroll' past their posts, or go so far as to put them on my ignore list.

I think I'm a big enough boy to withstand some nameless, faceless, anonymous internet troll calling me a zombie. YMMV.

• Members

Can he be forgiven if I ad hom him back? icon_lol.gif

I wouldn;t take that too seriously... it's like Lou Reed calling Bowie 'Queen Bitch', or was that the other way around.

You know Caligvla, i'm so glad that Once Upon A Time is back on because every time Regina / The Evil Queen is on screen I think of you.

• Members

Naw.

people just have a heap of stuff on their minds besides synths at this point in time.

why make a big deal out of it.

maybe we need some silly goal thing, like everyone to come up with something interesting they'd thought about trying with their kit but never got around to, by end of the month?

i have so many things like that, don;t seem to have the impetus to have a go at them right now.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy View Post
No, I think we're done, let's move along, alrightythen?

Weren't we talking about how the forum sucks and how I killed it single-handed?
"The forum?" Actually, it's your fault that the internet is as messed up as it is. You have RUINED the internet for EVERYBODY, Electric Puppy! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, I haven't posted in a long while, but what I found was that members come and go and what was a little family changes as your forum buddies drop by the wayside and new ones come in. Another thing is fashion. As new hardware comes in, nobody is interested in your old stuff so you have to get up to date or drop out. I have a Kronos now, as I hadn't bought anything new in ten years, so I guess I'm back in the swim.

Bryan

• Members

It's true that conversations here tend to be slanted toward new gear, though I like talking about both. Over the past couple of years I've been going through what you might call a late 90s / early 2000s renaissance. I've purposefully gone back and started programming VAST again and getting into a number of other VAs from the period as well. It actually takes time for a base of users to form around a product who really know what it can do -- so in that sense some of the most interesting conversations about synths will center on older gear, IMO.

• Members

I don't make any money with my gear. I just like gear that makes noises. Consequently I lose money made elsewhere buying gear. I make money figuring out how to herd electromagetic waves, not acoustic waves. I have a dream that some day my math, science, and engineering skills will line up with musical skills. Until then I have a vocation and an avocation.

Anyone read Anathem by Neal Stephenson? In that book scientists are quarantined from society in monastic-like structures called "Maths" and every member of a math takes on a vocation and an avocation.

Archived