OT - Got hair tested today, am I fucked?

gibbed

• Members

I had no idea those could go back a year. That's ridiculous. Maybe since you will pass the piss test it won't be a big deal. Good luck.

Why do you guys smoke if you're gonna get tested?

May 1st was over a month ago, last time I checked. Not like the guy is just a retard.

Why do you poke your nose into other peoples' business? :wave:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

May 1st was over a month ago, last time I checked. Not like the guy is just a retard.

Why do you poke your nose into other peoples' business?
:wave:

Because he posted a thread about it.:D

Now you're doing the same thing.

• Members

So... I dont smoke at all (really...) but will being around my friends smoking get into my hair? or does it get into your scalp through actually smoking it?

The job im going for involves tough drug testing and polygraph tests to see if your lying about it....

If your near them when they smoke you could get a contact high i think

• Members

I would think most jobs wouldn't have a problem with someone that can pass a piss test. IMO these things are f**king stupid, and I don't even drink or smoke. Do they test people for who is going to screw around on his/her spouse with someone else from work, steal $hit from the job, or anything else that can actually bring about negative consequences for the workplace?
:o

Anyway, I hope it works out for you whether it's this job or something else that comes along really soon.

Well, Heroin and opiates as well as Cocain and E will leave your system in 72 hours, so a urine test won't pick them up. It's also easy to either fool or substitute urine, since you have fill the cup in private. They take the hair themselves, so unless you glue someones pubes on your head or something, it's hard to fool.

It's not like the economy is booming, employers can be picky and do what they can to hire the kind of people they want.

There's plenty of jobs out there for people who do drugs. Try something with the GOP.

-W

• Members

{censored}ing Jesus, I'm glad I don't live in a facist country. I've never been drug tested for a job. What you do on your own personal time is your own business. Don't you people have a problem with that? It's a total invasion of privacy. If anyone ever told me to piss in a jar, I'd tell them to open their mouth, cuz I ain't pissing in no {censored}ing jar.

• Members

Well, Heroin and opiates as well as Cocain and E will leave your system in 72 hours, so a urine test won't pick them up. It's also easy to either fool or substitute urine, since you have fill the cup in private. They take the hair themselves, so unless you glue someones pubes on your head or something, it's hard to fool.

It's not like the economy is booming, employers can be picky and do what they can to hire the kind of people they want.

There's plenty of jobs out there for people who do drugs. Try something with the GOP.

-W

I can understand testing for some of the heavier and more addictive and destructive stuff.

• Members

Drug testing for employment is so {censored}ing bunk. Violation of rights IMO. Good luck.
:thu:

It's big business. Insurance compaines and labs.

Ordinary piss tests are just that...a test. They companies know you know you gotta take the test...and they want to see if you are smart enough to lay off for a bit. These labs can only test SO MUCH PPM.

I think they are looking for someon who smoked a joint last night, rather than someone who smoked a one hit a month ago.

It's a violation of our personal rights...no doubt. But the scam is just too good.

A hair test?/ Dude where did you apply? High level security there.

• Members

well I was in school at the time, not unemployed

That's why I think it's bull{censored}.

Even when Whitehouse staff was picked for Clinton they asked "other than college have you done drugs".

I don't condone drugs, I just remember what it was like in college. {censored}, I don't know if they can find someone that that'll pass that test that's under 30.

• Members

{censored}ing Jesus, I'm glad I don't live in a facist country. I've never been drug tested for a job. What you do on your own personal time is your own business. Don't you people have a problem with that? It's a total invasion of privacy. If anyone ever told me to piss in a jar, I'd tell them to open their mouth, cuz I ain't pissing in no {censored}ing jar.

If your only hope for getting a good job was to piss in a jar would you still say that? :D I can see if some people are totally drugged out idjits not wanting to invest money in them; some shoot up while on the job or bring other problems to work and are a liability. :freak: But to prevent the person who only occasionally smokes a little weed from getting work seems as lame to me as how you feel about the whole thing.

• Members

Hair testing works on body hair. Everyone knows bald men have hairy backs, so you're screwed either way.

-W

I shaved it all off except my pubic hairs. When the lady asked me for one I pulled my cock out and shook it at her ...

I didn't get the job :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Members

i dont think your screwed at all buddy, if you passed the piss test they know you havnt smoked weed in a while. even if they do find traces of mary jane in your hair, theyre really only looking for the heavier {censored} with that test.

so if you passed the piss test i think youll be ok, and if it comes up just be honest with them, and add in that youve quit doing it

• Members

What would be the point of that?

$150 isn't that much anyways for a company willing to give me a salaried job

I don't know where you live, but I've worked for several Fortune 100 or equivalent companies ($1 Billion plus in revenues) in salaried jobs making as much as low six figures, and I've never been hair tested. Unless it's some sort of job with huge insurance premiums to the company, I can't imagine why they'd spend the money on a hair test.

• Members

I don't know where you live, but I've worked for several Fortune 100 or equivalent companies ($1 Billion plus in revenues) in salaried jobs making as much as low six figures, and I've never been hair tested. Unless it's some sort of job with huge insurance premiums to the company, I can't imagine why they'd spend the money on a hair test.

err, it's a steel mill

• Members

I've had a drug test once in my life a long time ago when I started my first job. I passed because I wasn't into drugs then. I can't imagine what they would say now if I got a hair test. That strand would light up like a {censored}ing christmas tree. :)

• Members

Wow! I'm in Aviation for Christ's sake and have only had urinalysis testing done on me. There are lots of ways around urinalysis.....oh uh...so I've read.
;)

This what I'm thinking. I can't imagine that much security. Maybe they'll let him slide on weed and just look for more serious use.

• Members

err, it's a steel mill

I can see that, then, though I agree that it's overkill. I'm a consultant right now, and the company I've been at for the last 2+ years has fire drills every quarter supervised by the local Fire Department. The faster they can clear out the building (thousands of employees), the cheaper their insurance is. I'm not sure if the total loss of productivity that happens when they do it is worth it, but it shows up favorable on the balance sheet if it gets done right.

• Members

I work part time for a company that pulls $5 Billion in revenue, and I never been tested, aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha.

Tesco.

{censored}.

:cry:

Archived