OT - Got hair tested today, am I fucked?

gibbed

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I think you'll be alright, honestly. And I don't know about some of you saying people don't come to work stoned/drunk in the trades anymore? I sure as hell have seen it often enough. I watched two co-workers start beating each other with paint rollers in a private box at GM place one time. One guy was a brutal alcoholic, the other a speed freak. Alkie was fired on the spot.
:freak:

General Motors is not your average workplace. That's pretty much fantasy land. I'm surprised anyone got fired.

But it just goes to show you, things have changed. GM has had a testing policy for quite some time...maybe the oldtimers haven't seen it.

Used to be even a local workplace would go..."out for lunch" and have a few. Mostly not tolerated anymore. like 99% mostly.

Pre-employment testing is a joke. Your interviewing skills fail if it's that much of help to the success of your business.

Otherwise it's an unadalterated insurance scam.

• Members
In all the worklplaces I have been in for 25 years, most "incidents" were human error, or the human condition. In the foundry we had a few drunks, but the union just sent them home for a day or two. The average workplace is MUCH more difficult to work under the influence these days...NOT as a result of pre-employment drug testing.

If you read your thread, you can see a HINT of the problem. The insurance companies rule our lives more than we realize. And of course the medical profession likes all the referrals.

You just don't see a lot of drunk or stoned people at work anymore. Prescription drugs might be another story.
;)

Ok, I haven't been in the workplace for 25 years, so maybe I don't have quite the same breadth of experience. I work in aviation though, and one day, with a random piss test, we caught FOUR guys that pissed hot, mostly for coke. They're in the maintenance field, or were, and I'm one of the flyers, so them working on my helicopter scares the piss out of me. I'm GLAD they piss test workers in fields like mine, so I don't end up with a hosed driveshaft falling to the ground. Forget insurance, that's pretty much life insurance for me. If that random test hadn't rolled around, who knows. People screw up at work, thats a fact, but why make yourself more liable to have someone dead when you can prevent it?

• Members

what's the "lightest" drug they can test you on?

Do they test people for alcohol anywhere? or wouldn't that be pretty damn hard, since the alcohol goes/brakes down in your body pretty damn fast. (think they can detect alcohol for 'round 12 hours in blood, nothing in hair, and for a few days in the urine)

• Members

How is that draconian? Refuse the test and walk away, and don't take the job. A job isn't a priviledge, or assured to anyone no matter what their circumstance;

Really, if you don't value personal freedom enough to even recognize this type of thing as a threat to it, there's no point arguing it with you. The safety thing is a strawman pure and simple and you clearly have some sort of personal issue on this topic. Some people just demand to be taken advantage of... So, whatever.

• Members

When I worked for Goodyear I had to get a hair test. I have no hair so they wanted to take it off my chest, the tester said she would have to shave my entire chest to get enough to test. I told her to {censored} off I didn't need the job that bad! They let me just take a piss test.
I was going thru the motions for a postal job and had to get hair tested, that tester told me hair held everything for years and that was the way they could really tell your history.
Jerry

• Members

Really, if you don't value personal freedom enough to even recognize this type of thing as a threat to it, there's no point arguing it with you. The safety thing is a strawman pure and simple and you clearly have some sort of personal issue on this topic. Some people just demand to be taken advantage of... So, whatever.

I don't see it as being taken advantage of. People being high or buzzed working on my aircraft equals me dying, so yes, I have a personal issue. I see your point with the larger issue in regards to having your personal life intruded upon without merit, however, I see the reasons for far outweighing the reasons against. Plus, I don't use illegal substances, so as it stands, the worst part is me having to take time out of my day to take a leak in a cup. I take that tradeoff so I cut down my chances of dying in a freaking crash. Where am I being taken advantage of here?

• Members

I don't know where you live, but I've worked for several Fortune 100 or equivalent companies ($1 Billion plus in revenues) in salaried jobs making as much as low six figures, and I've never been hair tested. Unless it's some sort of job with huge insurance premiums to the company, I can't imagine why they'd spend the money on a hair test.

Well if you haven't noticed this forum has it's share of riff raff -hell, half the members here are probably banned from TGP

• Members

what's the "lightest" drug they can test you on?

Do they test people for alcohol anywhere? or wouldn't that be pretty damn hard, since the alcohol goes/brakes down in your body pretty damn fast. (think they can detect alcohol for 'round 12 hours in blood, nothing in hair, and for a few days in the urine)

It's more to do with legality. Drugs are illegal, so by testing, they can deny your employment not because you get high, but because you have criminal tendancies. If they had a test where you piss in a jar and they could prove that you're a pedophile or a homicidal maniac, they'd do that too for the same reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that having laws making drug use criminal is a good thing, but they are the laws. If you don't like them, vote, or revolt.

-W

• Members

General Motors is not your average workplace. That's pretty much fantasy land. I'm surprised anyone got fired.

But it just goes to show you, things have changed. GM has had a testing policy for quite some time...maybe the oldtimers haven't seen it.

Used to be even a local workplace would go..."out for lunch" and have a few. Mostly not tolerated anymore. like 99% mostly.

Pre-employment testing is a joke. Your interviewing skills fail if it's that much of help to the success of your business.

Otherwise it's an unadalterated insurance scam.

Sorry I should have clarified. GM place is an NHL arena in Vancouver. I meant private box as in the type companies rent/buy out for clients etc.

• Members

had a friend that was just hair tested for a job with his dad
hes going to school three hours away and his dad said if he failed the test they were going to make him come home

he smoked like a month before the test
we were all telling him to come up with an excuse on why he didnt want the job because it wasnt worth having to move back home for. thought he was just plain stupid for going through with it.

but sure enough he passed somehow, so i dont know what to make of it.

• Members

I copied this from an "un-named" website.

FP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacCuj0 Hair Method

This works every time...My friend works in a forensic lab showed me how...I passed 8 hair tests Never failed.

1. Strip hair with vinegar..Leave in and let it saturate into the hair for about ten minutes. "Dont Rinse Out"....Oh yea watch your eyes the crap burns like doo doo.

2. Should told you this first...But you will need to buy a bottle Clean & Clear skin toning and deep cleanser...It's for pimples and acne....You will need to put that in your hair while the vinegar still there. You will feel a burning sensation. Masage into the scalp for about 5minutes. What happens is it cleans while the vinegar has your pores open

3. Ok now as crazy as this crap sounds but you will need Tide laundry detergent.

Powder or liquid it doesn't matter. Wash your hair with it and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Please dont get the Tide in your eyes..keep eyes close shut . Tide has the best cleaning agent of all detergents.

4. Now just use your favorite aloe (moisturizing shampoo).....Any kind you want to use.

5. Do that four step process the day of your deadline

I dont believe how some of you guys worry like that.....I'm heavy user of all drugs for 15 years....Be surprise what alittle knowledge will do...Have a nice day ya'll

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MacCujo Method has worked for many people.

FP

• Members

I can see in some fields drug testing is a must. Like the guy in aviation said you don't want some coke head workign on a helicopter you're about to fly!! It's dangerous enough as it is!

On the other hand getting tested for the chronswick for workign in a call centre? who gives a {censored}, you could smoke on the job doing that and still do fine....

• Members

I copied this from an "un-named" website.

FP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacCuj0 Hair Method

This works every time...My friend works in a forensic lab showed me how...I passed 8 hair tests Never failed.

1. Strip hair with vinegar..Leave in and let it saturate into the hair for about ten minutes. "Dont Rinse Out"....Oh yea watch your eyes the crap burns like doo doo.

2. Should told you this first...But you will need to buy a bottle Clean & Clear skin toning and deep cleanser...It's for pimples and acne....You will need to put that in your hair while the vinegar still there. You will feel a burning sensation. Masage into the scalp for about 5minutes. What happens is it cleans while the vinegar has your pores open

3. Ok now as crazy as this crap sounds but you will need Tide laundry detergent.

Powder or liquid it doesn't matter. Wash your hair with it and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Please dont get the Tide in your eyes..keep eyes close shut . Tide has the best cleaning agent of all detergents.

4. Now just use your favorite aloe (moisturizing shampoo).....Any kind you want to use.

5. Do that four step process the day of your deadline

I dont believe how some of you guys worry like that.....I'm heavy user of all drugs for 15 years....Be surprise what alittle knowledge will do...Have a nice day ya'll

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MacCujo Method has worked for many people.

FP

The guy who wrote this is laughing his ass off at all the idiots who believe it works. It isn't going to do a thing for you.

• Members

The weed will show up for sure for 5 months in your hair. As far as this {censored} of the occasional puff won't hurt you is total BS also. These tests have a built in pass level for "contact" levels of THC. If you inhaled one time 4 months ago and got high, you will fail a hair test. Period

Archived