Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

I just think it's funny that some guy selling an MPC would include details about how he let his pet rat take bites out of the drum pads and gnaw on the power supply. What better way is there to communicate that you don't take good care of your gear?

I think we've all been there. Lots of studios have a cat, but if you want to stay ahead of the game, you've got to get a more esoteric pet. Rats are at least warm blooded and fairly smart too, and they're friendly if given good care. But what they don't tell you is that rats chew on everything. And they pee on you when they're happy.

I no longer have a rat. cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dan88z

View Post

This isn't as bad as the home organ delusions, but some guy has been trying to sell the same set of Peavy 2x15 PA speakers for a couple months, at $600 for the pair. He doesn't realize that's what they sell for new.

We have a local keyboard player who regularly posts ads about looking for a band. He does the same add about once a month. I don't think he can see the 3 ads on the same page as his that are bands looking for keyboard players. He must be picky.

Experienced Keyboardist Available (Tri-State area)

Reply to: accesswilmington@gmail.com [?]

Date: 2008-12-30, 1:08PM EST

Experienced keyboardist is seeking a working band in Delaware, PA, or South Jersey. My music preferences include Classic, Funk, R&B, Pop, Blues and Jazz. I am self-employed so playing out and rehearsing are not a problem in terms of scheduling. I sing backing vocals in alto and falsetto.

I perform with Roland instruments through twin Alesis300 amps with a split feed to the PA (if needed). Other instruments that I carry with me include a keytar and melodica.

MP3 samples and photos can be found on http://bandmix.com/filmlou/

Thanks

That guy sounds pretty decent. Listened to the sound samples on his page and although he says he only plays Roland gear - the second songs are the Nord Eletro Demo tunes?!?!?!?! haha...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by uvacom-rotatt

View Post

I think we've all been there. Lots of studios have a cat.

That's another animal I'd never let near my studio (or the inside of my house, for that matter). I once rescued two young cats that within days started chewing and clawing up everything in sight. Unbeknownst to me, they eventually started chewing through AC adapter wires and sound cables in my studio -- they'd been doing it for probably a week before I finally found out, as equipment started failing. Needless to say, the cats had to go.

Rats are another animal I wouldn't choose as a pet. They may be friendly and smart, but at the end of the day it's still a rat.

• Members

View Post

I'm always amused by the frank details people put into their Craigslist ads.

Akai MPC500 - $300 (Austin)

Date: 2009-09-22, 3:48PM CDT

Reply to:

This is a used Akai MPC 500 portable drum machine. It comes with a 16MB memory card and an AC adaptor. This machine functions absolutely perfectly with no flaws. There is one nick in the first pad from my pet rat who likes to chew. However this is a bite as big as a baby fly. also she chewed on the thick plastic casing of the ac adaptor. These marks are superficial and do not effect the quality or performance of this equipment. Also i drew on the manuel. But hey, maybe you like pictures? The MPC has been restored to factory settings so it has all the original samples and songs ready to go. To see all the features of this machine please go to this address.

http://www.akaipro.com/mpc500

Thanks and happy music making,

Holden

Rat feces included!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast

View Post

Here's one from Vancouver just today (actually cross posted from Denver). Bagpipes for $1300.

While I admit that despite my Irish/Scottish heritage, I do lack a proper appreciation for "the pipes", but I have a hard time believing that any model is worth $1300.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...390112066.html

And the reason you have a hard time believing is because you obviously haven't looked up bagpipe prices. These for instance, aren't even close to being the most expensive.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast

View Post

Here's one from Vancouver just today (actually cross posted from Denver). Bagpipes for $1300.

While I admit that despite my Irish/Scottish heritage, I do lack a proper appreciation for "the pipes", but I have a hard time believing that any model is worth $1300.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...390112066.html

Unfortunately, like general interest in the instrument itself, the link is dead.

Here's one I got a laugh out of not long ago. 16 year old selling "22 String Guitar" to buy swords! Cuz swords are cool!! Add in unrelated picture of a banjo because the sound is similar. Even the writing itself is entertaining.

22 string guitar!!1 - $2000 (central austin)

Date: 2009-09-19, 9:10PM CDT

Reply to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a 22 string guitar my uncle gave me from when he visited India. It's from the 60s or something, and it's really weird and I don't know how to play it. I would learn but I just turned 16 and I want to collect swords and buy a car. So I want to to sell this. So that I can buy a sword. With the money you gave me from the guitar that you buy from me. The picture is of a different guitar, not the same one, but it pretty much looks the same as the one in the picture that I posted on the website. Also I posted a picture of this banjo. Because it sounds a lot like a banjo, so you can see better what it sounds like. Thank you!

• Members

View Post

Unfortunately, like general interest in the instrument itself, the link is dead.

Here's one I got a laugh out of not long ago. 16 year old selling "22 String Guitar" to buy swords! Cuz swords are cool!! Add in unrelated picture of a banjo because the sound is similar. Even the writing itself is entertaining.

22 string guitar!!1 - $2000 (central austin)

Date: 2009-09-19, 9:10PM CDT

Reply to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a 22 string guitar my uncle gave me from when he visited India. It's from the 60s or something, and it's really weird and I don't know how to play it. I would learn but I just turned 16 and I want to collect swords and buy a car. So I want to to sell this. So that I can buy a sword. With the money you gave me from the guitar that you buy from me. The picture is of a different guitar, not the same one, but it pretty much looks the same as the one in the picture that I posted on the website. Also I posted a picture of this banjo. Because it sounds a lot like a banjo, so you can see better what it sounds like. Thank you!

that is amazing

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

THIS IS A ASR-X BLACK ITS ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD THE TRANSPORT IS KIND OF JACKED UP. BUT IT WORKS REALLY GOOD WITH A CONTROLLER LIKE AN MPC.

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHERE ALL THE BIG PRODUCERS GET THERE DRUMS. WELL I WILL LET YOU IN ON A LITTLE SECRET ITS NOT FRUITY LOOPS. ITS THE ASR-X

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW

300.00 OBO

314 401 7275
MATT

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1414260859.html

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by analogvincent

View Post

THIS IS A ASR-X BLACK ITS ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD THE TRANSPORT IS KIND OF JACKED UP. BUT IT WORKS REALLY GOOD WITH A CONTROLLER LIKE AN MPC.

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHERE ALL THE BIG PRODUCERS GET THERE DRUMS. WELL I WILL LET YOU IN ON A LITTLE SECRET ITS NOT FRUITY LOOPS. ITS THE ASR-X

Not Fruity Loops? Another myth busted! icon_lol.gif

• Members

This just appeared locally this morning:

Trade Music gear for floor cleaning (Gaithersburg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2009-10-11, 8:52AM EDT

Reply to: sale-gezhf-1416236735@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need tile floors stripped and polished. We will trade music gear guitars amps drums keyboards prosound etc.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bdub

View Post

This just appeared locally this morning:

Trade Music gear for floor cleaning (Gaithersburg)

We need tile floors stripped and polished. We will trade music gear guitars amps drums keyboards prosound etc.

Craigslist does have its share of entertaining barters and trade offers.

I especially like the ones that more or less say, "I have this broken, abused piece of junk. Will trade for any of the following items of real value."

• Members

This one gets points for writing style and attitude.

---------------------------------------

WHOLESELL Deal PEEP THIS - $300 (Round Rock Tx)

Date: 2009-10-09, 4:13PM CDT

mic stand is brand new chrome not this black one u see in the pik i got a new one.

well ill sell my mixer mic and stand and phones. and speakers with brand new padding for 300.

its a deal trust me i know u can go to G'Center and get this and that well if thats how u feel go ahead but this is a deal here.

300 is it no lower so plz dont waste my time.

and come with all original cords.

P.S srry that the pikz are dark,

also the one who buys it with no games chas money when they call.

ill give u a free recording program 2use with it.

• Members

There's a store in my town called Mack& Daves. Its a department store that sells jewelry, guns, home appliances etc. In the 70's they had a half-decent pro music department. Well for some strange reason they have decided to keep that department although I cannot imagine it earns any money at all.

The best was an old 16-channel broken Peavy PA console that was not only filthy but was rusted and dented as well- must have been from the early 80's. You couldnt even move the faders. They wanted $600 for it. Little do they know thats one item that could not be given away.

• Members

View Post

And perhaps the king daddy of them all. $2100 for a Korg Trinity with a faulty low D key:

Please look up more about this keyboard on the internet- It is super cool. I bought this workstation in college but then got married and had kids.. no time for music anymore! Keyboard is in great shape.. the Lowest "D" key makes a slight thunk but otherwise it is like new. We are also including the extremely sturdy rolling case I bought along with it and keyboard stand.

I also have the instruction booklets!

That "thunk" sound from the low "D" key is actually a broken key. It's the plastic hook piece broken off inside and the thunk sound is the key hitting metal. It's about a $10 fix with a screwdriver and patience. Changing keys on a Trinity/Z1/Triton is cake.

From the sounds of this listing, this guy has been away from the used market/technology for a good while.

• Members

FS: 1968 Dallas-Arbiter-England Fuzz Face - $1200

Date: 2009-10-08, 10:27PM PDT

Reply to: (deleted)

This 1968 Vintage Dallas-Arbiter-England Fuzz Face is the real thing. Pots marked 10 68. The 41 year old NKT-275 germanium transistors sing! All original! I thought I would never have to sell this pedal. Fee shipping in the USA.

facepalm.gif

Archived