Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Members

erks me to no end! mad.gif

Here's one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/981902646.html

Vintage Roland Juno 106! - $975 (emeryville)

Reply to: sale-981902646@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-05, 7:38PM PST

Roland Juno 106 Synthesizer. The Roland Juno 106 is a 61-key programmable polyphonic synthesizer with some of the most recognizable sounds of the 80's. This one is in mint condition with the original Roland Plastic Hard Case. It sounds as good as looks too!

Winston
323 359 7000

I happen to be a very generous type of Craigslister and have therefore sold eveything I put up. For example:
Yamaha DX-7 $100
Roland D-50 $250
Korg DW-8000 $150 (the only one I sometimes miss)
E-mu Orbit $100 (sold four years ago)
SC six-trak $150
Korg EA-1 $99
etc...

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This is from today's Atlanta Craigslist:
---------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-1006879711@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-25, 10:54AM EST

NEED TO MARRY A GIRL FOR SHORT TIME , WILL PROVIDE A CAR AND SOME SUPPORT. REPLY WITH YOUR PICS AND CONTACT INFO
---------------------------------------------

And now for something completely different...

It looks like I'm about to score a brand new (in the box) Hammond XK3c with Anvil flight case from a CL ad. It was bought by a dentist who finds it's too heavy for his church gigs & he wants something lighter and smaller. He listed for a great price but I've been negotiating with him all week to trade for my Roland VK8m module. Looks like we've struck a terrific deal and I'm supposed to meet to do the exchange tomorrow. If it all goes forward I'll be quite grateful for CL ads... a sparkling new XK3c will be too much fun !

• Members

Took a look at the Dallas Austin link. He has a son named Tron! I wonder if he's a fan of old Disney movies.

People really seem to have trouble with the idea that used means the price is somewhat less than new. I don't know how many eBay listings I've seen where the starting price is pretty obviously what the seller bought the item for new.

Count the Saskatoon area as another where Craigslist sees little musical instrument activity, but Kijiji has a regular stream of stuff. Better advertising by Kijiji perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's a good one from today's craigslist:

I have massage therapy, you have digital piano (South)
Reply to: sale-1023723984@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-02-06, 2:18PM CST

Hi, I'm looking to barter my massage therapy skills (yes, I am licensed) in exchange for a digital piano. I prefer a high end Kurzweil, but will settle for less if necessary.

Please contact xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks

• Members

a friend bought an arp 2600 for all of $250 on crackslist last year. all it needed was a new casing and a quick going over by greg in oakland. she never did put the case on it but spent around $200 in additional work to get it 100% functional electronically. she then sold it for $2600 a few months ago on of all places craigslist.

3-4 years ago she bought a prophet 5 rev 2 for $800 that needed some minor work done again by greg. she still has it and is considering selling it but wants the going rate on it as it is now 98% restored. only issue is some dust in the key contacts and needs a new battery as the old one is losing juice from sitting for the last 2 years without being plugged in and a few of the patches got a little scrambled.

then there's the guy south of me who keeps listing the same ad over and over looking to trade for his fairlight or xxxxx stuff. she responded that she had at the time a polymoog w/ the pedalboard and/or monopoly or jupiter 6 or arp oddysey white face she'd be interested in trading... guy gets back about a wersi abacus or general music s2. the original items she was possibly interested in are now fairlight for polymoog, oddyssey combo or oddyssey, jupiter 6, monopoly combo. he truly expected a wersi abacus to be a straight trade for a white faced oddyssey. and it wasn't like he was trying to see if she'd be dumb and go for it anyway he truly wasn't interested for any trade below the above mentioned and got rude when she suggested his fairlight that needed work to just get it to boot yet was only worth around $500 in parts.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
It looks like I'm about to score a brand new (in the box) Hammond XK3c with Anvil flight case from a CL ad. It was bought by a dentist who finds it's too heavy for his church gigs & he wants something lighter and smaller. He listed for a great price but I've been negotiating with him all week to trade for my Roland VK8m module. Looks like we've struck a terrific deal and I'm supposed to meet to do the exchange tomorrow. If it all goes forward I'll be quite grateful for CL ads... a sparkling new XK3c will be too much fun !
Just thought I'd follow up with the end of this story. The deal never went through and the guy was a flake. I'm not sure what happened but we agreed on the trade and a good price and then I had trouble getting back in touch with him and, well after about ten days of trying to nail down and time/place to meet I told him forget it.

I was worried about not having a warranty on a new product anyway.

In the end I put my VK8m on eBay and bought a new Hammond XK3c. Craigslist is good for some things - for example I met a band that I might be working with via CL, but buying/selling music gear on CL is dicey.

• Members

Here's one that appeared in our CL recently. Yes, 850 for a P90!

Yamaha P-90 Digital Weighted Action Piano - $850
Reply to: sale-1015948988@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-31, 10:15PM EST

Up for grabs is our Yamaha P-90 Digital Piano. It was barely gigged on and if your looking for the perfect piano for gig use this is it! We bought it originally for $1000 and it comes with its own case valued around 100$. We can also include a stand with the deal. This piano would be great for gigs, schools, churches, or students who are looking for a piano and don't have a lot of room for an upright but want something that can play in tune.

If your thinking about buying an upright/grand and do not plan on hiring movers to move it I would highly recommend NOT doing that. You could cause damage to yourself as well as your house.

However, this piano with weighted action can be carried! It weighs about 50 pounds where even a spinet upright piano can weigh up to 400-450 pounds! its a great solution!

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I'm always amused by the frank details people put into their Craigslist ads.

Akai MPC500 - $300 (Austin)
Date: 2009-09-22, 3:48PM CDT
Reply to:

This is a used Akai MPC 500 portable drum machine. It comes with a 16MB memory card and an AC adaptor. This machine functions absolutely perfectly with no flaws. There is one nick in the first pad from my pet rat who likes to chew. However this is a bite as big as a baby fly. also she chewed on the thick plastic casing of the ac adaptor. These marks are superficial and do not effect the quality or performance of this equipment. Also i drew on the manuel. But hey, maybe you like pictures? The MPC has been restored to factory settings so it has all the original samples and songs ready to go. To see all the features of this machine please go to this address.

http://www.akaipro.com/mpc500

Thanks and happy music making,
Holden

• Members

All I have to do is look at the Atlanta Craigslist, there's ALWAYS something ridiculous going on. Always. That sax is worth 1700 dollars max, by the way, from some quick research...

KEYBOARD TRITON PRO X - $2900 (ATLANTA/ COLUMBUS )
Date: 2009-09-22, 10:10PM EDT
Reply to: sale-saa5q-1387847254@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

korg triton pro x for sale great keyboard for church or keyboard player... 706-587-8544 i also have a tenor sax by couf/ kielworth.

price for sax$ 4,500 keyboard $2,900

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/msg/1387847254.html

• Members

I just think it's funny that some guy selling an MPC would include details about how he let his pet rat take bites out of the drum pads and gnaw on the power supply. What better way is there to communicate that you don't take good care of your gear?

• Members

I just think it's funny that some guy selling an MPC would include details about how he let his pet rat take bites out of the drum pads and gnaw on the power supply. What better way is there to communicate that you don't take good care of your gear?

Negligent but at least honest. If i was up for the deal, i'd rather find out from the ad than when i unboxed it.

• Members

this is a great thread and a worthy bump zoink

some of the ads i see on craigslist never cease to amaze me with their unrealistic expectation$ or just plain stupidity. it seems there are ALOT of people out there that will drop $100-5000 on a musical instrument on a whim, play it for "only 45 minutes ever!" and then decide its not for them. i wonder what kind of job they have where they can afford to do this

that and all the people listing items at/above retail price, and re-listing, and re-listing. someone in our area posted a voyager for sale waaaay below a sane price. of course it seemed too good to be true so with a little investigative work we found that they had posted it in almost every major city in the states. somebody then put up a post calling them out and it was quickly flagged. i always like when i see a post calling out someone who is obviously a scammer

Archived