Tone Party, NAD for Ehud, beer, loudness, fun

worldoftone

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
+1

And it will DEFINITELY be worth it in May. The next ampfest is going to be even bigger and badder than the last one.

We have to hook up next time I come up to Dallas. I've got relatives that live up there. Actually inlaws, so I'm always looking for an excuse to vacate... :lol:

• Members

You know how ridiculous it feels to pick up a 1958 Strat, then a '63 Strat, then a '64 Strat, then a '66 Strat... {censored} i couldnt even keep track. It was retarded.

How about a brown face Vibroverb into a Fender Vibratone (fenders version of a leslie). More retardation.

How about a Fulltone Tape Echo into a '65 JTM 45? Ill tell you what it means. It means - You Got Nothin' Bitches. :lol:

That JTM 45 was so Gilmour-ish. It didnt really grind like a typical plexi. It was like a milk shake thick crunch and even more of just a FAT ASS clean tone. The first thing I did was start playing the solo to Money. :lol:

Dave's '62 Concert is a thing of beauty. I plug the Edwards LP into it, tuned to Drop D, and started bringing the stoner grooves. That amp can grind like a son of a bitch! So fat and glroious in its ways. Sex in a box. The vibrato (tremelo) is like nothing Ive ever heard out of a Fender... Its almost univibe-ish... Its extremely thick and psychedelic sounding.

We also played Ross' '68 or '69 Superbass, with an original P-Bass, into a 2x15 and it sounded awesome! It reminded me of John Paul Jones bass sound on the Zeppelin DVD when they play the Denmark Radio show (the portion thats in black and white and Page is playing the Tele). Pheomenal.

Then we plugged the Superbass into a pre-rola (IIRC) Marshall cabinet and that was just the sex. Reminded me A LOT of my Superbass, but dare I say, a tad brighter? But it had that Superbass grind and ROAR that I love so much.

I had an amazing time for sure. Ross has the ultimate collection, and on top of that, is a skilled tech who knows how to bring the sweet tone out of any amp. Thanks to Dave for swinging by and picking me up. I had a blast guys!!! :cool:

• Members

Then we plugged the Superbass into a pre-rola (IIRC) Marshall cabinet and that was just the sex.

Actually, the JTM-45 was plugged into my purple '68 cab w/pre-rolas w/original cones.

The Metal panel '69 was plugged into a straight '71 Bass 4 x 12 w/reconed 55hZ Celestions. This amp was also running Sylvania 6CA7 power tubes and misc old pres. Brightness could be attributed partly to the cab being on casters off the floor.

- WOT

• Members
Actually, the JTM-45 was plugged into my purple '68 cab w/pre-rolas w/original cones.

The Metal panel '69 was plugged into a straight '71 Bass 4 x 12 w/reconed 55hZ Celestions. This amp was also running Sylvania 6CA7 power tubes and misc old pres. Brightness could be attributed partly to the cab being on casters off the floor.

- WOT

Thats right! They were 55hz! I completely forgot about that. Well, thats another thing I played for the first time. :D

And not that the brightness was a bad thing... It had that grind that I absolutely love. I can even begin to express how awesome Saturday was. It was literally, Tone Heaven. I cant thank you enough Bro, it was of the coolest "tone sessions" Ive ever experienced. :)

Archived