Tone Party, NAD for Ehud, beer, loudness, fun

worldoftone

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Wow! Sorry I couldn't be there guys. It was my daughter's birthday. Next time...

So give us the low down on the favorites!

That block logo is teh secks!
headbanger.gif

My favorites were the Pro Reverb, the JTM-45, and the Superbass. The Pro had that extra bit of girth that a normal PR lacks. Definitely had a pair while retaining all of the sweetness that I've come to love about them. The JTM-45.... bluesiest Marshall I've ever heard. Paired with the TTE my jaw hit the ground. Finally the Superbass.....holy damn did it hit ya in the chest. Doesn't really need further explaining, except it just sounded "right" to me.

Aside from the Concert that is. :) I know this is just the "honey moon" period, but it seems to pair up perfectly with my SG.

Keep in mind every amp that was turned on, aside from my Bandmaster LOL, provided holy grail like tones.

• Members

I'd love to hear more about the Concert (never played one) and the TTE (which gives me a {censored}ing hard on just thinking about it).

In fact, everything you guys {censored}ed with give me a massive hard on.

The Concert is beautiful sounding. Really warm and round with a solid low end. Does NOT "fart" out even when dimed. It just overdrives into a wonderful, creamy OD that cuts like a knife.

Now the tremolo.....it's NOTHING like standard Fender Blackface stuff. It's psychedelic sounding, with an almost uni-vibe like quality. I never understood what people were talking about with the Blonde/Brownface tremolo until I heard this sucker. It's an amazing onboard effect that surprised the heck out of me.

• Members

The Concert is beautiful sounding. Really warm and round with a solid low end. Does NOT "fart" out even when dimed. It just overdrives into a wonderful, creamy OD that cuts like a knife.

Now the tremolo.....it's NOTHING like standard Fender Blackface stuff. It's psychedelic sounding, with an almost uni-vibe like quality. I never understood what people were talking about with the Blonde/Brownface tremolo until I heard this sucker. It's an amazing onboard effect that surprised the heck out of me.

Sounds like 1) teh secks 2) the old Ampegs which I would describe tonally with almost the exact same words. We require clippage with the band.

I've never played a Blonde/Brown tremolo, so I also want clippage.

• Members

Sounds a lot different than the Ampegs for sure, especially the trem. Most Ampegs have the optocoupler like the BF Fenders. I have video clips. Managed to get transferred onto the DVD, but now having problems converting from VOB to MPEG.

Always something.

-WOT

• Members
Sounds a lot different than the Ampegs for sure, especially the trem. Most Ampegs have the optocoupler like the BF Fenders. I have video clips. Managed to get transferred onto the DVD, but now having problems converting from VOB to MPEG.

Always something.

-WOT

You rock man! Are there any clips with the trem. going? I was kind of buzzed by the time you were shooting the videos. :lol:

• Members

I still can't believe how awesome Saturday was.

You're a bad ass host, and I can't say thank you enough for it. Letting us jam out on one of the most bad ass collections of gear I've ever seen, pizza, beer, etc etc etc. Straight class from you and Shea.

I just got a call from my Dad because I dropped off the Concert to him last night. He's equally blown away, and told me if I ever thought of selling it he'd bitch slap me. :lol: Not that it was brought up, but he threw in that disclaimer for good measure.

• Members
You have to negotiate that up front.
;)

"So, uhhh...I'm going to be flying to Texas in May to drink and play guitar at ungodly volumes, so you'll have to give me at least 3 days of vacation unless you want me coming in with a half-beard and smelling like a hobo."

:lol:

Archived