So, I completely bombed my Calc 2 exam today...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
first one of the semester... and we only have 4... I was so tired from being up all night and I went completely blank and forgot how to do a ton of things. Really struggled through it.... I'll be lucky to pull a 60%.... basically just completely {censored}ed myself up and going to make it hard to get a decent grade (and possibly to even pass
:(
) this class.... and I needed these credits to finish my AA this semester....

yeah..... extremely unhappy...

...yay...
:cry:

I've had the same experience in a chem class once. Occasionally I had thought I had failed tests right after taking them only to discover I didn't do quite as bad as I thought, so hopefully you'll get a bit of that type of luck, as well. If not, put this forum aside any time you could benefit from studying -- it'll always be here when you really have time -- and find other people who've had a similar experience and are motivated to get a study group together with also hopefully at least one person who rules at the $hit~!

Don't let it get you down for long. The good news is you know wasting too much time on here and watching the game was a major problem rather than your ability to learn and do the work. Use that as motivation to kick serious @ss on your next test. Good luck.

• Members

I took AP Calc and passed the test too but this community college wouldn't recognize it.. so now I'm taking pre-calc and basically getting a free A, it's awesome.

I took elementary and intermediate algebra before standard algebra (I never took algebra in high school -- got kicked out) and had good grades but only the standard algebra counts when it comes time to figuring out my GPA.

• Members

Wow. How many AP exams did you take?

I took calc, english, and chem. Got college credit for 2 of 'em.

If I went to BU I'd have:

4 credits Math

16 credits history/poli sci

16 credits physics

12 credits chemistry

12 credits biology (maybe 8 on this but I think 12)

12 credits unassigned research

6 credits Spanish

I think that's it.... so 82. And I would have taken a few more APs if I thought I was going somewhere that took them.

Jesus, that's like halfway to a degree.

• Members

If I went to BU I'd have:

4 credits Math

16 credits history/poli sci

16 credits physics

12 credits chemistry

12 credits biology (maybe 8 on this but I think 12)

12 credits unassigned research

6 credits Spanish

I think that's it.... so 82. And I would have taken a few more APs if I thought I was going somewhere that took them.

Jesus, that's like halfway to a degree.

You sure you're not talking about PSEO (post-secondary)? I didn't realize that there were that many AP exams.

• Members

You sure you're not talking about PSEO (post-secondary)? I didn't realize that there were that many AP exams.

BU accepted a ton of the sciences as full year, two courses, 8 credits + 4 credits (2 a semester) of lab if you get a 5.

So most sciences are 12 credits. Plus I had AP World, AP US, AP Gov.

Did I forget 8 credits English? Yeah, I get a full year of intro English/writing from AP Lang and AP Lit.

I took

Bio

Physics B

Physics C Mech

Chemistry

Language

Literature

Government

US History

World History

Calculus AB

Plus, I got 12 credits at SUNY Albany for research due to a special program at my high school that would transfer. Same thing with the 6 Spanish credits.

• Members

I'm glad I never had to take it. I suck at math...physics I'm great at, but not math.
I don't have to use it much in Landscape Architecure anyway...it's mainly all building codes, plant material/ aesthetics, grading/ drainage and ADA accessibility.
All the structural stuff goes to the Engineers!

• Members
Haha. I took this class last year as a junior in highschool. I got a 4 on the AP exam so I got credit for the class. Man, it was my favorite class.

I took it my junior year of high school as well and didn't have to take the AP exam. It was co-taught by a prof from CSU, so I got full credit for it. My grades didn't transfer over (thank God), but I got the credits and didn't have to take any math classes my senior year of high school. :lol:

To the guys doubting the EE - stick with it man. There's a lot of cool stuff you can do after college with an EE or ECE degree. I work in medical devices and have friends that work for Hard Drive companies, advanced communications (some really cool military/emergency sh!t), Aerospace, etc. It really opens a ton of doors... You can pretty much do whatever you want.

/motivational thread.

Archived