So, I completely bombed my Calc 2 exam today...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

first one of the semester... and we only have 4... I was so tired from being up all night and I went completely blank and forgot how to do a ton of things. Really struggled through it.... I'll be lucky to pull a 60%.... basically just completely {censored}ed myself up and going to make it hard to get a decent grade (and possibly to even pass :() this class.... and I needed these credits to finish my AA this semester....

yeah..... extremely unhappy...

...yay... :cry:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
first one of the semester... and we only have 4... I was so tired from being up all night and I went completely blank and forgot how to do a ton of things. Really struggled through it.... I'll be lucky to pull a 60%.... basically just completely {censored}ed myself up and going to make it hard to get a decent grade (and possibly to even pass
:(
) this class.... and I needed these credits to finish my AA this semester....

yeah..... extremely unhappy...

...yay...
:cry:

What school?

• Members
Calc 2 was the hardest math class I ever took.

It's also the only math class in college I got an A in, but it was by far the hardest.

Well, an A is almost out of the picture now. We have 4 tests, and they count for 95% of our grade. 5% in is homework.

So.... an A is probably out of reach, and even a B will take a lot of work.

God, {censored}ing damnit. If I have to drop this class I won't get my AA (this would've counted as my last elective credits I needed for it)...

Welcome to failsville. Population: me. :(

• Members

Hey, you got ONLY 4 tests? heh, be glad then you didn't have just 2 like i did for my matricies class. Seriously though, you can easily get an A in the class. You got 3 other tests to do well on. Plus don't you have quizzes and/or homeworks? You just got push a little harder. BTW overnighters only work once and a blue moon. Youll {censored} yourself over more in the long run.

Edit: Ok yeah, those tests are weighted pretty heavy. But do the best you can and hopefully the class will have a decent curve. Ive pulled my ass out of the sling multiple times like that and gotten a high B or low A. Your not the only one who ever failed a test. It happened now and yes it will probably happen again. Your not human if you don't. Especially in an EE major.

• Members
Well, an A is almost out of the picture now. We have 4 tests, and they count for 95% of our grade. 5% in is homework.

So.... an A is probably out of reach, and even a B will take a lot of work.

God, {censored}ing damnit. If I have to drop this class I won't get my AA (this would've counted as my last elective credits I needed for it)...

Welcome to failsville. Population: me.
:(

Yeah many it sucks, but be happy you have four exams. I've had classes with 2, and I had one class with only a final paper that was 85%.

• Members

Calc 2 was the hardest math class I ever took.

It's also the only math class in college I got an A in, but it was by far the hardest.

You haven't taken Diff EQ, have you? :)

@OP: Honestly, just keep at it. Give yourself plenty of time, study your ass off, and make sure you get enough sleep before taking exams. Sleep is much more important than cramming.

There have been a few times, including one this last semester, where I was ready to say "{censored} it" because I was damn sure I botched my grade for the class. I just kept at it, made sure to do better on everything that followed and somehow I managed to get a decent grade when I was mathematically sure there was no chance of passing. A lot of times if you're on the line a prof will help you out especially if you've shown improvement since the beginning.

• Members

You haven't taken Diff EQ, have you?
:)

Sorta yes, sorta no.

I don't need it for my major, so I did not take Diff Eq the applied math class. However, since I took the honors version of Calc 2, we did a significant amount of work solving non-homogeneous differential equations.

For my concentration I do calc through multivariable and linear algebra.

• Members
Sorta yes, sorta no.

I don't need it for my major, so I did not take Diff Eq the applied math class. However, since I took the honors version of Calc 2, we did a significant amount of work solving non-homogeneous differential equations.

For my concentration I do calc through multivariable and linear algebra.

When I was at my other college, they for some reason thought the CS guys should take diff EQ. Don't ask me why. We did some diff eq stuff in my calc2 class as well but the level of complexity they take it to in the actual diff eq class was a bit :freak:

I managed to get a B in it but it wasn't really my idea of fun. I've been done with my math classes for a year and a half though. I'm doing my internship/cooperative education project and taking 3D graphics and then I'm outta this bitch.

• Members
You haven't taken Diff EQ, have you?
:)

LOL. That was my EXACT thought on reading that. :thu:

Our diff-eq class was an utter bitch. Probably the roughest math class to make a good grade in at our school... Heck, it was almost as bad as E/M Fields... The EEs literally called E/M fields "pre-business class" because it precipitated so many people having to completely drop out of the engineering college and switch into something else (usually "business").

• Members
When I was at my other college, they for some reason thought the CS guys should take diff EQ. Don't ask me why. We did some diff eq stuff in my calc2 class as well but the level of complexity they take it to in the actual diff eq class was a bit
:freak:

I managed to get a B in it but it wasn't really my idea of fun. I've been done with my math classes for a year and a half though. I'm doing my internship/cooperative education project and taking 3D graphics and then I'm outta this bitch.

Well, CS majors have to do diff eqs here as well.

I'm chemistry-- if we need more complex diff eqs to solve quantum problems we plug it into Mathematica.

• Members

I'm chemistry-- if we need more complex diff eqs to solve quantum problems we plug it into Mathematica.

I was checking that out. I want that Calculus Made Easy program for my TI89, but I don't particularly wan to pay $150 for it and can't find a cracked copy :/

If anyone can help me finds it, lemme kn0ws

okay, sleep time nows. :o

• Members

I hated Calculus (CS degree here). We were only required to take 2 Calc courses, luckily. I used my Math electives elsewhere. I'm not even sure why we had to take it; I sure as hell haven't used any calc in the 4 years I've been out of school. Discrete math is/was much more practical...

• Members

eep. Calc.

I'm in AP Calc 1 in high school right now, it's pretty rough. Luckily the teacher is kinda...odd in the way she does things. It's an 8 person class so half the time our quizzes are with partners, so I just mooch off of other people :o

But yeah, it's still pretty tough. {censored}ing chain rule always screwing me up :mad:

• Members

we used mathcad in some Pchem labs...i think using that software was harder than just doing the problems by hand:freak:

Archived