The best selling amp in the entire world:

Angry Grimace

• Members

Will there be a factual answer at the end or are we just throwing stones at an imaginary Tom Cruise?

Edit: I'll wager it's some SS practice amp. Only because normal people aren't stupid enough to spend the kind of money most of us here do on gear.

• Members

Depends on if you're talking now or ever.

I can say one thing to back you up...from the mid 80s to the mid 90s I worked at the most popular music store in my town and by far we sold more Crates than anything. To this day I still see them used in tons of bands in my area.

• Members

in all seriousness I would venture a guess with those who think the Crate SS combos or one of the spider combos. they're cheap, they're loud, and to the unknowing n00b, they sound like TEH BR3WVLLZZ!!!

• Members

The Peavey Rage/Bandit were a very popular amp, I dont know if they still are...... either way, most of these guys grow up to buy expensive metal halfstacks........... which they dial in to sound just as {censored}ty as their SS combos....

• Members

just about everybody i know that plays any kind of music either has or has had a peavey amp of some kind. you won't find that with any other brand, at least not domestically.

then there's the unbelievable number of PA amps they sell. in the music gear world, peavey is a force to be reckoned with.

Archived