Whats The Most Versital Amp Ever???

lingoguitar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just get an Axe Fx and be done with it. It does not get anymore versatile than that.

Other than that I would get a Fuchs TDS for a tube amp. cleans, blues, hard rock tones and all are great. IMO, it's the best tones you can get out of a channel switcher, as long as you're not looking for metal tones.

• Members

The guy playing it makes the amp.........................

True. {censored}, the guitar player from Toby Keith's band plays a Krank Rev...for country!!!!

Sometimes makes you think that maybe we are a little too wrapped up in amplifiers...

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I hate to be biased. But good clean, decent crunch(ac/dc esque) and a liquid lead tone... it's the Mark IV, I can't honestly say it doesn't fit that description. And with the EQ on off option and so on, it's perfect :)

• Members

Egnater/Randall module amps.

If Egnaters keep improving I'd second this. They have great potential. I love my Mesa Stiletto Ace though. Great cleans, crunches, and distortion in one package. I looked at quite a few before I settled on that one. Tried Fenders, Marshalls, Bogner, Peavey, Blackstar, Hughes & Kettner, Line 6, B52s and others.

Archived