Hell yea on McCain's VP pick!

Spizzledude

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is completely crazy. This seals it for me that I will definitely not be voting for McCain.

There is a such thing as choosing a running mate with your same values, etc. and then there is this, which is right out of the "Captain Obvious" cookbook.

- Get the female vote

- Get Alaska residents on-board with oil drilling

- Answer the old age argument

- Her son just happens to be in the military

Give me a break. If people don't smell this operation a mile away than they are dumber than I give them credit for.

• Members

This is completely crazy. This seals it for me that I will definitely not be voting for McCain.

There is a such thing as choosing a running mate with your same values, etc. and then there is this, which is right out of the "Captain Obvious" cookbook.

- Get the female vote

Give me a break. If people don't smell this operation a mile away than they are dumber than I give them credit for.

To be quite honest, the reason why true conservatives are thrilled with this choice is because she blew the whistle on the embedded republican establishment in Alaska. Which was a huge thing to do by the way. As far as I can tell, she is young, but very legitimate. If anything, it makes me like this ticket more than yesterday.

I don't give a crap that her son is in the military, that she is a woman, or answering some age old argument (what ever that means). Alaska wants jobs, there fore the oil drilling (and natural gas pipelines by the way) were never in question.

• Members

- Get the female vote

Well if he picked the same old politician candidate, what would you have said then?

• Members

Well, after listening to her acceptance speech, I'm damned impressed. She actually said more with more substance than Obama has throughout his campaign. I have a hunch she will {censored} down Biden's neck in a debate. Nice work McCain!

:facepalm:

You seriously think that one term governor and mayor of a small town will be able to not only contend, but demolish Joe Biden who has more foreign policy experience than anyone else in the Senate?

• Members

You seriously think that one term governor and mayor of a small town will be able to not only contend, but demolish Joe Biden who has more foreign policy experience than anyone else in the Senate?

Just shut your mouth and we will see after the first debate. There is no point in being an armchair quarterback.

Edit: And the thought that I should totally mention is this: Do you think that Obama stands a chance against McCain on foreign policy?

Oh, that's right, that is why he got Biden in the first place.

• Members

You assume she is neither currently, nor can become, a student of history? And you think that debates revolve around foreign policy?

• Members

Are you high? This is the last desperate act of a failed campaign. "{censored}! Bring in some eye candy for the rednecks!".

I am just as racist, classist, ageist, lookist, and every other "ist" as anyone else. The difference is that I accept responsibility for it, and want to change.

I guess I'm a redneck then, because the choice of Sarah Palin for VP makes the McCain campaign stink a whole hell of a lot less than it did yesterday from my perspective. YMMV, but she's a strong pick from a conservative point of view.

• Members

You assume she is neither currently, nor can become, a student of history? And you think that debates revolve around foreign policy?

No, but that will undoubtedly be one of the issues, and considering Biden's knowledge of the subject probably her weakest point

And do you seriously think that two months of studying history is enough to adequately prepare someone to be VP? Whats separating her from the average high school student then?

• Members

Whats separating her from the average high school student then?

Well, I would ask the same of most politicians. TV shows without question there are doctors, lawyers, etc that can't compete with 5th graders.

I'm not a Biden expert, but let's say you put her in the ring with Obama. she'd slay him. His improvisational skills are uh, uh, uh. hmm. what;'s the word? Subject to Change without notice.

• Members

No, but that will undoubtedly be one of the issues, and considering Biden's knowledge of the subject probably her weakest point

And do you seriously think that two months of studying history is enough to adequately prepare someone to be VP? Whats separating her from the average high school student then?

Put me in a room 8 hours a day with the top advisers in the country for 2 months and I could do it.

• Members

Put me in a room 8 hours a day with the top advisers in the country for 2 months and I could do it.

You really think so? Really?

And you really think that's all it takes?

Wow, low expectations on the qualifications for president.

• Members

Come back when you actually have something to say, your act is getting old

And it is getting pretty old that you walk around worshipping the ground of the Obama/Biden ticket. Seriously, you are simply a fan boi for those two.

At this stage of the game, you have zero clue about how she will do debating Biden. More over, I find it completely ironic that you demand your VP have this knowledge yet you don't ask the same of your President. You certainly got the cart before the horse on this one.

• Members

Not Zentman, but

Yes, easily.

No, less.

Have you not seen the last 150 years of presidents? It's not an expectation, it's merely an observation. Presidents are like sophisticated remote control toys. Obama is just a Komrad Ken doll. Curious George is out in a few months.

• Members

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

2 months is not long enough to go from knowing nothing to knowing a presidential level of knowledge.

Presidential level of knowledge:lol:

Seriously, what debates have you seen that led you to believe that is an appropriate phrase?

Do I need to mention Bush telling his advisors to "hold on"? That {censored} was funny as hell. He was just a really good echo for them, and I would wager that's gonna be the political version of autotune from here on out.

• Members

And it is getting pretty old that you walk around worshipping the ground of the Obama/Biden ticket. Seriously, you are simply a fan boi for those two.

I'm a fanboi for not believing that small town mayor/first time governor will be able to defeat one of the most experienced members of the senate. Yeah, ok :rolleyes:

At this stage of the game, you have zero clue about how she will do debating Biden. More over, I find it completely ironic that you demand your VP have this knowledge yet you don't ask the same of your President. You certainly got the cart before the horse on this one.

I never said I didn't demand the same of the president. Obama has shown that he has a good grasp on the issues and that he can discuss them in a meaningful way. Palin might do the same, but she's not off to a good start

• Members

Handle the debate. Even so, with all the advisers a pesident has it's not as hard as you might think. Look who's running the show now after all.

• Members

Presidential level of knowledge:lol:

Seriously, what debates have you seen that led you to believe that is an appropriate phrase?

Do I need to mention Bush telling his advisors to "hold on"? That {censored} was funny as hell. He was just a really good echo for them, and I would wager that's gonna be the political version of autotune from here on out.

And just like I don't listen to Ashlee Simpson I hold my politicians to a higher standard.

• Members

Yeah...confirmed. She doesn't seem to have a hell of a lot of experience, but I don't truly know a lot about her.

Uh, she's huuugely socially conservative, she was mayor of a small town for 2 years, governor for 2 years, high approval rating but hasn't really done anything, hasn't invested our huge surplus into anything that would help us in the longterm, i.e. renewable energy or anything like that. She's under investigation right now because supposedly she pressured this guy over and over to fire her sister's ex husband, and when the guy wouldn't fire him, she fired the guy who wouldn't do it.

Archived