Hell yea on McCain's VP pick!

Spizzledude

• Members

Y'know, for a centrist independent, you only ever seem to have a problem with liberals and Democrats. But, someone blows the Rep. candidate, and they get your compliments.

...what was that about partisan bull{censored}, again?

That a very fair question.

The answer is that C-4 actually did some research. That's a big point...don't you think. From DM's posts...I can TELL he doesn't know very much about Palin. She's a BIG "boat rocker".

I usually only do this kind of thing when someone does it EXCLUSIVELY. Deathmonkey is CONSISTANTLY partisan...as if a label like "democrat" makes on Jesus and a "repulician" is all evil.

I see good an bad in both parties. I still am not sure how I am voting. I am *SICK* of people saying it's a "two party system" as if they haven't actually LOOKED at the ballot when they vote. They buy into the media frenzy. I was FULLY prepared to "throw away" my vote on anoff party.

Now I am not sure. Not because she's "too pretty for prez"...but she's got some skillz.

Does that explain my opinion well enough?

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did research?

He said she had a "great and clean record." How is that in any way "doing research?" There's absolutely no more evidence than teebes saying "She blows goats," but you're saying he did his homework and is informed...and happens to favor the Republican candidate. I'm sorry, but doling out the compliments like that, while thrashing teebes is just as partisan, you ask me.

• Members

Here's a friend of mine's take on McCain's choice. I think it's right on (and hilarious):

You didn't hear Obama say Palin is "not experienced".

So it HAS to work both ways all the way around...doesn't it?

Come on you guys. Let's TRY to be "fair and balanced". At least TRY?

• Members

Did research?

He said she had a "great and clean record." How is that in any way "doing research?" There's absolutely no more evidence than teebes saying "She blows goats," but you're saying he did his homework and is informed...and happens to favor the Republican candidate. I'm sorry, but doling out the compliments like that, while thrashing teebes is just as partisan, you ask me.

He said " he read her resume". Are you calling C4 a liar? And it seems to be in line with what I know about her.

"teebes" (he must be your good buddy?) hasn't said anything about reading her history and has made commmnets that seem to be the opposite of what we do know about her.

Not the same in my book, but you think what you want.

• Members

He said " he read her resume". Are you calling C4 a liar?

No, I'm not. That's all you. What I AM saying is that his post shows no more information than teebes provides, but he agrees with you, so he's suddenly all informed. I could say "I've read her resume, and she's a terrible goddamned person, and worse politician." Doesn't mean anything, but holds just as much truth value as C-4's post. And yet, you're calling other people out on just that. C-4 might be the most informed mother{censored}er in this thread, but he hasn't provided anything more than teebes has. So go ahead and keep calling partisan bull{censored}, and we'll keep on laughing.

• Members

At a time when the majority (in my opinion) in this country want a moderate, balanced, pragmatic, and centrist approach...we are given a choice between a presidential candidate with the most liberal voting recording in Congress, and a used-to-be centrist candidate who changes his mind on taxes and panders to the Christian vote with a nut-job Creationist gun-toting ex-beauty pageant contestant VP. Sigh....:facepalm:

• Members

No, I'm not. That's all you. What I AM saying is that his post shows no more information than teebes provides, but he agrees with you, so he's suddenly all informed. I could say "I've read her resume, and she's a terrible goddamned person, and worse politician." Doesn't mean anything, but holds just as much truth value as C-4's post. And yet, you're calling other people out on just that. C-4 might be the most informed mother{censored}er in this thread, but he hasn't provided anything more than teebes has. So go ahead and keep calling partisan bull{censored}, and we'll keep on laughing.

No no no...

*I* am not making assumptions. I am going by what people SAY. Your good buddy did not mention reading her stuff...and has actually made ill-informed, ignorant and WRONG statements. He said she wasn't a boat rocker and she's one of the more FAMOUS ones. WRONG!

End of story.

• Members

17Tubes always tries to be independent but he never attacks the right, ever.

Here's my problem with her-- she's further to the right than McCain pretty much across the board, and McCain is already to the right of me on many issues. McCain has specifically chosen someone who pulls him away from the center and away from the independents ideologically. Her personal appeal or inexperience aside, from that perspective, I think this choice is a poor one.

Is that researched enough for you, Steve?

• Members

Etc. Etc.

It does, however, show the complete backwards misguided nature of American politics and how very gullible the American people are. McCain has been preaching to the American people that Obama is too young and inexperienced. He chose a running mate that is younger and has less experience. And his ratings will go up for this. It makes no sense.

And likewise, Obama is going to flaunt her inexperience to boost his own argument. Which again, makes no sense.

I miss the days when politics were about issues and not "my team is better than your team".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Biden has never been in the military, much less gone to war.

http://biden.senate.gov/senator/timeline/

• Members

It is my view that centrist anything is tantamount to limp wristed people. I am sorry, but I would respect a hardcore marxist over a centrist anyday. At least he has passion for what he believes. Centrists just want problems to go away and bury their heads in the ground.

The biggest problem that conservatism has is that we are largely apathetic by nature. We just want to tend to our own nest. So we do, until some liberal nutjob makes enough laws that we can't even tend to our own nest anymore. Folks, we are rapidly approaching that point in history where the liberal nutjobs are going to push the conservatives to the edge. Then there will be war.

• Members

It is my view that centrist anything is tantamount to limp wristed people. I am sorry, but I would respect a hardcore marxist over a centrist anyday. At least he has passion for what he believes. Centrists just want problems to go away and bury their heads in the ground.

The biggest problem that conservatism has is that we are largely apathetic by nature. We just want to tend to our own nest. So we do, until some liberal nutjob makes enough laws that we can't even tend to our own nest anymore. Folks, we are rapidly approaching that point in history where the liberal nutjobs are going to push the conservatives to the edge. Then there will be war.

What does that have to do with her giving me dome? :cop:

• Members

Hitler had passion for what he believed. As did Stalin, Mussolini.

So I guess you respect them more than a centrist who tries to see both sides of an issue, find practical solutions that aren't defined by political ideology. Interesting...

• Members

Limp wristed people, huh. A bit homo-phobic, are we?

Hitler had passion for what he believed. As did Stalin, Mussolini.

So I guess you respect them more than a centrist who tries to see both sides of an issue, find practical solutions that aren't defined by political ideology. Interesting...

(I can't believe I'm about to do this...:cop:)

I believe Marshallnoise is reffering to liberals as "weak" limp-wristed(See: Not strong). Not limp-wristed as in "Like OMG look at that scarf!!!".

• Members

(I can't believe I'm about to do this...
:cop:
)

I believe Marshallnoise is reffering to liberals as "weak" limp-wristed(See: Not strong). Not limp-wristed as in "Like OMG look at that scarf!!!".

Point taken...apologies to Marshallnoise on that point and it will be edited out. The other point stands...

• Members

I'm pretty sure people that are incapable of compromise are not only limp wristed but limp dicked. It takes a real person to actually weigh the merits of both sides of an argument instead of blindly following the same beaten path because of tradition.

Archived