Hell yea on McCain's VP pick!

Spizzledude

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait a minute, as much as I think creationism is WRONG and I don't agree with her pro-life stance, isn't the whole point of this Country to get people into office who believe what you believe, and do what you think is the right thing. If 51% of this Country believes that creationism should be taught in schools then it should be regardless of whether we
personally
think it's right or not.

Again I know elections don't work 50/50 like that, blah blah blah but for the sake of argument if 51% of the country believes a certain thing, and VOTE to get someone to make that happen in office then isn't that the "will" of the country? even if 49% disagree?

One purpose of the government is to prevent a tyranny of the majority. If 51% of Americans thought slavery should be reinstated does that mean it would happen? No, because the constitution doesn't allow for it. Sure it could be amended, but that's a lengthy difficult procedure, for good reason.

• Members
:lol:

So much for knowing his own state's politics:facepalm:

:facepalm:

I thought I heard somebody mention this on the news last night. Again MY {censored}ING BAD. I'm still more familiar with her actual experience and how she acts in office than anyone else here.

• Members
Yep I got pwnt on the whole college thing. I ran my mouth without checking. But so what? I've still known about her for 3 years longer than anybody here :poke:

EDIT: I've also met her in really life at my parent's house. She really doesn't come off as that smart. Just wait until the Biden Palin debates. It'll all come out there.

damn it.

• Members

I thought I heard somebody mention this on the news last night. Again MY {censored}ING BAD. I'm still more familiar with her actual experience and how she acts in office than anyone else here.

hmmmmm, most people in Cali know their governor since he's teh movie guy action hero dude in ter-mi-nat-or

ask most people that? and they have NO clue what he's done in CA as gov. Not many people in other states do either. Just ask around and see.

• Members
this is as funny as all the defensive positions taken on the Obama primaries

now the dems are tossing the "inexperience" card on the table

uuhhh hmmmmm.......... she's only the VP candidate :poke:

Exactly, as I said before, rather the VP be the noob than the actual president themself.

• Members

From a completely non-biased perspective, it is a brilliant choice by McCain. He essentially did the same thing Obama did with Biden. He looked inward to his own flaws and sought someone to balance them out. He's old and crotchety. He's young and hot. He's a political veteran, consumed by the political process. She's a political newbie with a fresh perspective. He's a rich bazillionaire. She's a soccer mom gone politician.

Same for Obama with Biden. He's young and inexperienced. Biden's older and much more experienced. He has no military experience. Biden is a war veteran. Etc. Etc.

It does, however, show the complete backwards misguided nature of American politics and how very gullible the American people are. McCain has been preaching to the American people that Obama is too young and inexperienced. He chose a running mate that is younger and has less experience. And his ratings will go up for this. It makes no sense.

And likewise, Obama is going to flaunt her inexperience to boost his own argument. Which again, makes no sense.

I miss the days when politics were about issues and not "my team is better than your team".

• Members

One purpose of the government is to prevent a tyranny of the majority. If 51% of Americans thought slavery should be reinstated does that mean it would happen? No, because the constitution doesn't allow for it. Sure it could be amended, but that's a lengthy difficult procedure, for good reason.

EDIT: {censored} it, ain't worth it.

• Members

it's funny...the pugs are trying to slam obama for being too inexperienced to take office, then they turn around and decide on a FIRST TERM governor from a sparsely populated state...a state which just so happens to have protected oil fields, might i add.

so, when 72 year old mcstain checks out, we'd have a 40 something woman with NO federal experience take the oath of office and have her finger on the button. brilliant:rolleyes:

i tell ya what, both parties have served up a massive plate of fail when it comes to candidates and nominees this year:lol:

• Members
this is as funny as all the defensive positions taken on the Obama primaries

now the dems are tossing the "inexperience" card on the table

uuhhh hmmmmm.......... she's only the VP candidate :poke:

card was already on the table

• Members

some ignorant crap about teaching creation in school that was edited while i was typing a rebuttal

in order for there to be "creation", there must-by definition-be a creator. ergo, no creation teachin' in school.

if you'd paid attention in class instead of worrying about what the afterlife had in store, you'd know this:cop:

• Members

exactly why Obama chose Biden which pissed off the Clinton's

an older, more experienced advisor is sensible choice if one intends on serving one's country well as president. mccain's is a short sighted public relations stunt.

and the clintons seem to be pretty squarely behind the obama/biden ticket, they don't seem pissed off at all

• Members
in order for there to be "creation", there must-by definition-be a creator. ergo, no creation teachin' in school.

if you'd paid attention in class instead of worrying about what the afterlife had in store, you'd know this:cop:

You're not as smart as you're trying to come off. I in no way shape or form believe in god, creationism, afterlife any of that crap, already pointed this out. I did pay attention in class, I do think evolution is correct, though it still has its flaws.

Again :facepalm:

Nice reading comprehension:cop:

• Members

If Obama had picked Clinton to be his VP, he'd be dead in a year.

if he wins, he'll be on the fast track to the grave anyway. hell, three redneck meth heads got busted because of a "plot" to take him out already. imagine if they had been:

a) sober enough to plan

b) intelligent enough to execute said plan

this year, don't vote for president, vote for vice president. with mcstain being old as dirt and obama being black, our next VP will be our next pres:lol:

Archived