The bare essentials of your guitar rig

petejt

• Members
i'd keep my martins at all costs. but my electric guitar rig would stay my custom, my amp, and my cabinet... and my tube driver. but that's what all i use anyhow.

but i'd gladly downgrade to a single ac15tv... which cost easily twice as much as my other stuff...
:lol:

Martins as in plural? :love:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Martin
s
as in plural?
:love:

yeah.. i have a LOT of acoustics 'cause i stopped playing electric for like 10 years and played old time fiddle band music and fingerstyle..

the martins are a 72 d18-s, and a 2000 000-16s (both're 12 fret slotted headstocks).. and the other good'n is a 1937 kalamazoo l-0 but it needs like $700 in neck reset... :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ok, answering back to my own thread, the bare essentials of my own guitar rig is:

My main guitar -> ESP ltd ec-400, with Suhr Doug Aldrich humbucking pickups

My amp -> Mesa/Boogie MarkIV, with footswitch

My effect unit -> SR&D Rockman Stereo Chorus/Delay

My speaker cabinet -> Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stiletto cabinet, with Celestion Vintage30s

My cables -> one long one for the guitar to the amp input; three short patch cables for the effect unit; one speaker cable

• Members

Telecaster, Timmy, Shredmaster, AC30-ish homebrew.

In a real pinch, i could ditch the pedals entirely and just go tele+amp. A boosty pedal is nice though to get some harder/tighter sounds when it is wide open.

But i could easily, and often do, just play straight in, and cover 90% of what i would like to.

-chris

• Members

335 -> Marshall Jubilee.

Thats not the bare essentials, that just is my rig, wouldnt have it any other way atm.

There is a certain visceral satisfaction to playing an entire set without crap like multi-FX, MIDI, and 4-channel amps to get in your way.

When I'm at home and jamming by myself, I always want to add more FX, channels, and extra bull{censored}. When I'm jamming with my band, my volume knob (although I usually use a volume pedal w/ min. volume adjustment for consistency) and pickup selector switch do a damn fine job of getting all the tones I need.

Archived