The bare essentials of your guitar rig

petejt

• Members

Watching Jamie Oliver's Naked Chef gave me an idea. icon_1thinkerg.gif

As well as the current economic crisis :( .

If you had to sell of your musical equipment, particularly your guitar rig, say due to the recession, need money for something, bail.............whatever...

Basically, what would you keep? What pieces of equipment would remain that form the backbone of what you use to create music?

Or put it another way- you're doing a small gig and space is limited, both transport and on the stage. Out of all the gear you own, what would you use for that gig?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, if it were a question of economics, I'd keep my Trace Elliot Speed Twin & Avatar 2x12 ~ that's pretty much my core sound, anyway. I'd keep my Hamer Mirage Koa guitar, and I'd keep my Red Witch Moon Phaser, Fulltone Choralflange, and MXR Carbon Copy, and probably my Bad Monkey as a boost. I could make my music with those tools.

But if it were a question of limited physical space (on stage, etc.), I'd take those same pedals & that same axe & run 'em through the Koch Studiotone I just picked up, plugged into a Crate Blue Voodoo 1x12 (closed back) w/ a V30. A very flexible & very portable rig. :thu:

• Members

Besides a few extraneous pedals I rarely use (e.g. Rat II, Dist +, and SuperComp), I'll starve before I sell my equipment :mad:

Now for a limited space gig: JVM combo + cab + Schecter + JVM footswitch. I'll bring the OD808 if my OD channels sound crazy buzzy for whatever reason. Yay simplicity :thu:

• Members

I guess i would keep my Gibson, if i had to choose only one guitar, but if im allowed, ill keep my Ibanez 7 and my classical acoustic

as for amp, even though i love my Dual Recto, my Quad is more Versatile and can sound more useful for what i would most likely do. so that and my mesa 50/50 and cab

plus a boost of some sort, be it an eq pedal or my maxon.

so

Gibby, Ibby 7, Classical

Boost!

Quad

50/50

laney 4X12

• Members

If I had to, I'd have-

Guitar-> Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress-> Mesa/Boogie MarkIV-> Rockman Stereo Chorus/Delay-> Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stiletto cab.

One guitar, One pedal, One amp, One rack effect, one cab.

I'm worried I might have to start selling stuff :cry:

• Members

I'd keep my newest 6505. I will never get rid of that thing. It's the second one I've bought new. 1200 bucks. The first one I sold it.

I wish I still had my first 5150 man. I was pretty young when I got it. My dad had bought it for me. He didn't know nothing about amps but he knew that was what I wanted. It had been on tour and had some tears on it and me and him went out and bought all the stuff and fixed it ourselves. Looked better than a new one when we were done.

I was a douche and traded it for an RGT. Basically this came out of bordom. You know when you get bored and it's one of those saturdays with nothing to do and it would be nice to just go get a new guitar?

• Members
If I had to, I'd have-

Guitar-> Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress-> Mesa/Boogie MarkIV-> Rockman Stereo Chorus/Delay-> Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stiletto cab.

One guitar, One pedal, One amp, One rack effect, one cab.

I'm worried I might have to start selling stuff
:cry:

Don't sell anything. No matter what it takes. I mean think of it like... If it wasn't there you wouldn't have it to sell. So what would you do then? So do whatever you have to in your personal situation. You'll regret it badly.

• Members

My SG's.

Amps come and go, but I have a hard time bonding with a guitar. It took me 3 years after my LP/Strat were stolen, but I finally found a worthy guitar to replace them with.

Oh, and my Analogman modded TS9. I've had that for 11 years now, and have found ways to integrate it into every rig since.

• Members

exactly what i have now

prs se w/dream 90s -> pedal board -> amp (rebel 20 + mesa 1 x 12)

pedal board: (X2-> tuner -> soul vibe -> cry baby classic -> sparkle drive -> screamin blues (transparent, always on, slight breakup & used to run direct if amp fails (has cab sim out)) -> boss dd20)

Hey mang, how are you liking the Eggy with the P90's? Does it have plenty of bite?

• Members

i'd keep my martins at all costs. but my electric guitar rig would stay my custom, my amp, and my cabinet... and my tube driver. but that's what all i use anyhow.

but i'd gladly downgrade to a single ac15tv... which cost easily twice as much as my other stuff... :lol:

Archived