Meshuggah - Bleed = impossible

glenecho

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm 50% Swedish and can play it at half tempo. :idea: It doesn't seem impossible, but I'd probably need to practice it for a few months to play it with any kind of confidence. You have to take a whole different approach to playing this type of stuff. Very relaxed and short picking strokes with a ton of gain.

• Members

OK so after playing around with it, I can do the 3 part (the intro and first verse) but once it goes into 5 I just get confused.

It's not a matter of endurance at all really (never felt myself getting tired), just a matter of staying on course with the pattern... once you get off it's practically impossible to get back on again :facepalm:

• Members

I can't play it at all.

The other guitar player in my band busts it out at practice occasionally. I don't know if he's doing it wrong or if he can play it the whole way through or what, but he does play some of it. He utterly pwns me as a metal rhythm player.

Very relaxed and short picking strokes with a ton of gain.

See above- he's all economy of motion, Dual Rec and EMGs. I pick with my forearm like a Neanderthal, vintage-flavored pickups, Stiletto and Greenbacks.

• Members

Nobody claims they can do it without clips. My thread=my rules.

OK, just for you, here's a take I just recorded... my first and only "take" and it's just the rhythm pattern (a little bit of change in the left hand but not much). About 2:40 solid. As you can see it's the tightness that's at issue, not the endurance... though I must admit that my arm was getting a little tired by the end there. But I could have gone for longer, I just noticed I was off-beat and couldn't fix it :facepalm:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=803641&songID=7266433

Also note that my 7-string is tuned down to G# for some other stuff I was playing..

• Members

OK, just for you, here's a take I just recorded... my first and only "take" and it's just the rhythm pattern (a little bit of change in the left hand but not much). About 2:40 solid. As you can see it's the tightness that's at issue, not the endurance... though I must admit that my arm was getting a little tired by the end there. But I could have gone for longer, I just noticed I was off-beat and couldn't fix it
:facepalm:

Also note that my 7-string is tuned down to G# for some other stuff I was playing..

UHHH {censored} ya dude!!

I needa learn how to sync drumtrax into my reaper. :facepalm:

• Members

I can play the gist of it. For me its not the speed but remembering all the variations and {censored} that gets hard. I get lazy...

Oh and I cant play bits simply because I dont have a low F string (will soon hopefully). When I first got the pattern down though it was a minor {censored}ing miracle, i was pretty pleased.

• Members

OK, just for you, here's a take I just recorded... my first and only "take" and it's just the rhythm pattern (a little bit of change in the left hand but not much). About 2:40 solid. As you can see it's the tightness that's at issue, not the endurance... though I must admit that my arm was getting a little tired by the end there. But I could have gone for longer, I just noticed I was off-beat and couldn't fix it
:facepalm:

Could you poast teh drum track?

• Members

Not sure if this was mentioned but live they dont play the full song, they stop at the clean part in the middle. Its also the only song tomas the drumer uses triggers on the kicks for.

I saw them play it live when they were warming up before the sydney show to. was awesome =D

• Members
Yeah it's a huge departure from Nothing which was simple as pie as long as you got the timing down.

Ba dun dun dud dud da dun da du dddddun dundun da dun dbbbbbaaaa du du du ddu da daaaa du du dun dun dundundunn baaaaa.

Actually its moar like:Badada-ba Badada Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-baBadada-baBadada-baBadada-baBadada-baBadada-baBadada-baBadada-baBadada-ba asjldaflshfsdflfjal Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-ba Badada-baBadada-ba

• Members

Hey, Mr. Thinkpad- I have a question about your SD2.0 settings... do you use the built-in compressor and transient designer at all? 'Cause I like how your kick and snare punch.
:)

I use EQ and Comp (built-in) on both of them. I use one of the presets for the bass drum; guillotine I think. Also for the snare a preset, but I can't remember which one. Sometimes I take off the compression on the snare as it can sound kinda thud-like.

Archived