Meshuggah - Bleed = impossible

glenecho

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also noticed from the video that he plays an open E then does the bend on the low B, which seems wierd to me (why not just play it all on the same string)...but oh well.

The chuggity-chug is on the open string, and then bend is on the lower string, bending the same note up a half step. If you could teach him how to do a bend on an open string I'm sure he'd be quite appreciative. :cop:

• Members

Yeah...I've been playing it for awhile on the Amazing Slow Downer and I have it down at 75%. The picking in and of itself doesn't feel unnatural...and the pattern is such that it would be played the same way with economy picking or without. It's just the overall SPEED that makes it a nightmare...along with playing it at that speed for more than 15 seconds without {censored}ing up. I also noticed from the video that he plays an open E then does the bend on the low B, which seems wierd to me (why not just play it all on the same string)...but oh well.

lulz...if we ever learn it we'll have to start a band just to play this one song. It'll be called "Wite-hand Wid-Mic Exew-cise".

Son of a bitch, my right forearm is STILL burning. 10 years ago when I was playing Pantera and similar stuff almost exclusively, I might have been able to pull it off. Nowadays I'm playing 80's hair metal {censored} which has caused me to lose my right hand to a degree. Of course, now my left hand is better than it ever was. :idk:

• Members

There is a similar part in "Damage Inc." but it doesn't last 7 minutes.

Hetfield could probably do it...but lets stop talking about Metallica.
:D

yep...my band plays Damage Inc. so I know the part you're talking about because it's my part. However, it's not nearly as fast...or maybe this song just has me psyched out or something.

• Members

or raise the whammy with your left hand while playing it...

Why reach all the way over to the whammy bar with your fretting hand when you could just move to the 5th fret on the lower string (and no doubt have much more control in the slow bend too)? :o

I'll admit, the behind-the-nut bend was a pretty funny call... although I'm pretty sure they've got locking nuts goin' on with their Ibanezeseses, so it wouldn't really work. :cop:

• Members

Why reach all the way over to the whammy bar with your fretting hand when you could just move to the 5th fret on the lower string (and no doubt have much more control in the slow bend too)?
:o

I'll admit, the behind-the-nut bend was a pretty funny call... although I'm pretty sure they've got locking nuts goin' on with their Ibanezeseses, so it wouldn't really work.
:cop:

Actually my approach is going to be to adjust the truss rod so I have TONS of bow. Then, while playing the riff I'm going to bend the neck backwards with my left hand while picking.

Ok...I think I've played this out about as far as I can now...

it doesn't matter anyway...those boobs can only play the first half of the song anyhow. I'm gonna play the whole thing and out-Meshuggah Meshuggah.

• Members

I just noticed something interesting. All the clips of them playing Bleed live...on YouTube...
they only play the first half of the song

See {censored}ers! I TOLD YOU IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE!

ha haa ha ha ha ahahahaha...

Well now that you mention it, I think I read or heard somewhere that they've even said they've never actually played it 100% right live yet. Even if it's not something the crowd would notice as such, someone always {censored}s something up. :thu:

• Members

I've been playing for 23 years...so don't hold your breath.

:lol: I have 2 years of serious playing and I can get a lot of songs but this looks just impossible. I might be able to do it at 1/4th of his speed or something but he plays it so fast that I can't tell what he is doing there are just these little rests in between parts and a different note hear or there that would mess me up withen the first couple seconds.

Archived