Meshuggah - Bleed = impossible

glenecho

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there's a drum cam video where they play the whole thing live. Can't really hear the guitars in that one though.

I guess I shouldn't say ALL the YouTube vids...but I did check out 4 of them and on all 4 they stop at the interlude in the middle.

• Members

Actually my approach is going to be to adjust the truss rod so I have TONS of bow. Then, while playing the riff I'm going to bend the neck backwards with my left hand while picking.

Ok...I think I've played this out about as far as I can now...

it doesn't matter anyway...those boobs can only play the first half of the song anyhow. I'm gonna play the whole thing and out-Meshuggah Meshuggah.

Alternatively, if you've got a Floyd you could put the guitar way up high Beatles-style, so your right forearm sits above and parallel to the bridge, and as you get to the bend part you just push down on the back of the Floyd with your picking forearm/wrist. :cop:

• Members

Alternatively, if you've got a Floyd you could put the guitar way up high Beatles-style, so your right forearm sits above and parallel to the bridge, and as you get to the bend part you just push down on the back of the Floyd with your picking forearm/wrist.
:cop:

damn...good one!

• Members

The only thing that scares me about this Ibby is the Edge III Trem.

Isn't the Edge III supposed to be pretty {censored}ty? I've never owned an

Ibby before.

I dunno if all Edge IIIs are like this, but I think the 8-string has one of those fixed Edge trems on it. Dunno if it's any good or not, haven't played a new Ibanez for a few years now. :o

• Members

Alternatively, if you've got a Floyd you could put the guitar way up high Beatles-style, so your right forearm sits above and parallel to the bridge, and as you get to the bend part you just push down on the back of the Floyd with your picking forearm/wrist.

or hire a midget to press down on the E string at the headstock

• Members

Yup. I just ordered that 8 string Ibby. I'm not buying anything again for a really, really, really long time.

Have you played one yet? I played one at NAMM and it was a beast.

It required placing my thumb on my fretting hand different than what I'm used to. Since the neck is so huge, I found it difficult to play with my fingertips.....it was like playing a 6 string bass.

It sounded awesome though. Once I dicked around with it for a while I really liked the way it felt.

• Members

Have you played one yet? I played one at NAMM and it was a beast.

It required placing my thumb on my fretting hand different than what I'm used to. Since the neck is so huge, I found it difficult to play with my fingertips.....it was like playing a 6 string bass.

It sounded awesome though. Once I dicked around with it for a while I really liked the way it felt.

Perfect news for me. I'll have mine Monday. Can't wait. :thu:

• Members

ok...I've never backed down from a song in my life. Last night I was listening to Meshuggah's Bleed and since I've never attempted a math metal tune like this before I sat down trying to learn it.

I'm convinced it is impossible and it has me pissed. Like I said...I've never backed down from a song ever...and I won't stop here...but {censored} this is frustrating.

Can anyone in here claim to be able to play this {censored}ing thing?

You can do it man - you HAVE TO use a metronome and/or GuitarPro and focus on staying relaxed, start slow and work it up 1-2 BPM at a time. That riff is hard as hell to not want to tense up while playing.

Im not quite there yet, ~90% BPM but I know its possible.

• Members

You can do it man - you HAVE TO use a metronome and/or GuitarPro and focus on staying relaxed, start slow and work it up 1-2 BPM at a time. That riff is hard as hell to not want to tense up while playing.

Im not quite there yet, ~90% BPM but I know its possible.

Yup. I keep tensin' up. It's really not that hard though. :freak:

• Members

I've tried the first part and i can do it for a while, but i always mess up somewhere.

My right hand doesn't get tired though? :confused:

If you just alternately pick each note it's pretty easy on your right hand once you get the hang of it.

• Members

Why reach all the way over to the whammy bar with your fretting hand when you could just move to the 5th fret on the lower string (and no doubt have much more control in the slow bend too)?
:o

I'll admit, the behind-the-nut bend was a pretty funny call... although I'm pretty sure they've got locking nuts goin' on with their Ibanezeseses, so it wouldn't really work.

this is true.

i never thought about the locking nuts.

:lol:

just push really {censored}ing hard.

Archived