Meshuggah - Bleed = impossible

glenecho

• Members

Whats the best polymetric song to start with?

Thing is, its mostly 4/4 but you have to learn how to count like they do if you cant get it right. Id start with Humilitive, great song, awesome riffs and sounds a lot harder than it is.

[YOUTUBE]YlUO5t4F1g8[/YOUTUBE]

James

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wait what its just a half bend on the 5th fret of the b string

I said the opposite of what I meant...right hand is the impossible part. Or maybe I'm a lefty...I don't know because this {censored}ing song has me so confused I can't even think straight now.

• Members

Tomas had to train for a few months to get it right. Obviously a monster like that could probably play it pretty well right away, but for the tightness they demand, it takes a little longer. I saw them do it live and it was flawless

James

I did see a video of him playing, only it was just a tad slower...not by much though.

It is kind of funny that the song is like 7 minutes long too, just to add insult to injury. :D

• Members

By opening, you mean the riff that is played through the entire song.

You're fucked
:o

Post a fuckin' video of YOU playing it gaht-dammit! Let's see you!

sorry man...shit...I don't know what got into me. This riff...this fucking riff...

• Members

what's the overall tuning...F Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb? Jesus that's a lot of strings.

Impossible riff is impossible.

Yep, 8-strings (std 6 tuning plus two lower strings), dropped half a step.

I tried to play it once for a laugh and my right hand just couldn't keep up. I honestly reckon a couple of years back I could have played it (only just though), but my picking's shithouse now. I need to pick up the slack and get back into practice (but playing with the Axe-FX is just too much fun :o).

• Members

This is what you get for having spent so many years economy picking Howard... a weak right hand :cop:

But seriously, it's a good exercise. The reason I'm pretty confident that I could do it is it's the kind of warmup exercise I do all the time. Alternations of 8th-notes and 16th-note groups, alternate picked... it's a good way to improve your right hand endurance, as you can kind of train yourself to stay relaxed for long periods of time.

Just play it really friggin slow so you get the pattern in your muscle memory; then speed it up slowly :thu:

• Members

Ok, just tried it. My right forearm is burning like a mother{censored}er. I kept wanting to change the pattern, like my hand had a mind of it's own. weird. But that is a damn good right hand wid-mic exew-cise.

lulz...if we ever learn it we'll have to start a band just to play this one song. It'll be called "Wite-hand Wid-Mic Exew-cise".

Archived