Worst guitarist in history??

Emerica167852

• Members

The lead guitarist for Janis Joplin. Well at least on one of her songs. I heard a recording of a live performance of her & her band and the lead guitar was {censored}ing TERRIBLE! It literally sounded like the guitar was dragged around the stage held by just the strings, so scratchy and all over the place. It was pure crap :facepalm: .

The rest of the band though including the rhythm guitarist were good, very good. Very tight, perfectly in time but had the soul & vibe, spot-on.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"The idea that you hold some ultimate authority of opinion over someone else just because you have original songs on a Myspace page is egotistical in itself.

YOU are the only person that said that not, me, I have nothing compared to satch, and just because I have original music means absolutly nothing, I never said it did. I havent claimed to be better, or be famous or anything of the like, I just tore your anus when I told you that I think yout guitar god SUCKS.

You went personal, not me.

You got butt hurt because I made fun of YOU being in a cover band, NOT cover bands in general, YOU.

So whats up man, do you want to suck my dick or what?

You keep following me around, Im weary of getting near your anus as it seems to be rather hurt right now...:poke:

• Members

YOU are the only person that said that not, me, I have nothing compared to satch, and just because I have original music means absolutly nothing, I never said it did. I havent claimed to be better, or be famous or anything of the like, I just tore your anus when I told you that I think yout guitar god SUCKS.

You went personal, not me.

You got butt hurt because I made fun of YOU being in a cover band, NOT cover bands in general, YOU.

So whats up man, do you want to suck my dick or what?

You keep following me around, Im weary of getting near your anus as it seems to be rather hurt right now...:poke:

Quote my whole statement please... the point I'm trying to make its okay with you to criticize a professional guitarist who has more internet presence than you, then you say your opinion is worth more than mine because of your internet presence and my lack thereof.

I'm not comparing you to satch, numbnuts. I never said I thought you had said you thought yourself an awesome guitar player. Again making statements you can't prove and never will because I did't say it.

I didn't take offense at the fact you said something about me being in a cover band. its what you purported me as saying , making it seem like I said that I had "awesome" cover band prowess", when all I said was that I was in a cover band.

You went personal, not me...that's my line not yours. Where did I go personal? If I did, you did first. Again show me where I did.

I say I went personal, then you tell me I want to suck your dick...:facepalm:

If you really feel like I want to suck your dick, you are doing a good job of leading me on, which means YOU want me to.You definitely are the one that brought fellatio into the conversation, after all.

I wouldn't suck yours or your girlfriends dick...I wouldn't even piss on the best part of either of you...There we go, is that personal 'nuff for ya?

You respond to questions with things totally unrelated and manufactured.

Really, you need to learn some comprehension and stop making up {censored} for your lack of it. I'm glad you lock yourself in a studio and produce music because this warped sense of comprehension would leave you a defenseless moron outside of the internet world. We need to back up statements with FACTS in the real world, after all.

• Members
I think I love you.

Dude, just you are not my type.
Satch sucks, and so do you.
We have at least come to this conclusion, now please, for the love of God man, stop trying to hound me, Im taken.
But Im sure you look good playing "lay your hands on me" in running shoes at church:love:

Douche bag is anus hurt, now go away with your internet presence nonsense.
My band isnt awesome, never said we were, but compared to you, we are superstars!:eek:

• Members

If that was indeed the case, why did Deep Purple and Mick Jagger hire him?

Hey bro, newsflash, great bands do dumb things all the time!

As for the suckage, I should put it easier.

Satchs solo stuff SUCKS to me.

So does Vai's SOLO stuff.

They are great players, but their wanker rock just is boring.

I dont know how many times I can say that, or how many times people can argue it.

Maybe in a band they are amazing, but guys standing around, with alot of other guitarists watching some guy solo to a cd is not my thing.

Look, if you are the type of guy who puts youtube vids up of you playing to a cd some instrumental solotastic sausage wanker riffs then good for you.

Im just not down with that type of music, its the michael bolton instrumentals.

Its like yhanni or whatever that douche nozzles name was..

More power to you if you like it, but to me, I cant stand it.

Id rather listen to Neil Young than vai and day of the week.

You and I are going to agree to disagree with respect from my end, because you at no point blatantly hit on me like ole man Jaytee..

Cheers:lol:

• Members

Hey bro, newsflash, great bands do dumb things all the time!

They wouldn't have hired Satch if they didn't think he'd do a good job.

And he did. Deep Purple even wanted to hire him as their full-time guitarist, but contractual obligations prevented that, and they eventually hired Steve Morse. The bootlegs from Satch's tour with Deep Purple are proof that he did a great job.

I dunno why, but I value the opinions of Deep Purple over some anonymous loudmouth on Maps.

"bro"

• Members

They wouldn't have hired Satch if they didn't think he'd do a good job.

And he did. Deep Purple even wanted to hire him as their full-time guitarist, but contractual obligations prevented that, and they eventually hired Steve Morse. The bootlegs from Satch's tour with Deep Purple are proof that he did a great job.

I dunno why, but I value the opinions of Deep Purple over some anonymous loudmouth on Maps.

"bro"

Thats the difference between bedroom wankers and guys who play with bands.

I dont need to value anyones opinion, I just play, if its good or not, I just play. I have nothing to prove, and either way, Im still going to be playing.

Unlike your you tube vid of you playing to a cd, wanking like your heroes.

:poke:

Value what you want, if it puts you to sleep them more power to ya, to me ITS DOG{censored} and the MOST BORING {censored}ING {censored} IN THE {censored}ING WORLD!

• Members

There is not a "Worst guitarist in history", because history is always being made! As soon as a worst guitarist is crowned, another one pops up even worse!

That said, really it is all a matter of opinion, and like assholes we all have one!

• Members

I dont need to value anyones opinion, I just play, if its good or not, I just play. I have nothing to prove, and either way, Im still going to be playing.

There are no bands in my town, so playing to backing tracks is the only way for me to get my playing out there. At least I'm playing the damn thing, striving to improve. If that's such a sad thing to you, then so be it. I enjoy playing instrumental guitar music, and that's what matters, whether you feel it's 'valid' or not.

• Members

There are no bands in my town, so playing to backing tracks is the only way for me to get my playing out there. At least I'm playing the damn thing, striving to improve. If that's such a sad thing to you, then so be it.
I
enjoy playing instrumental guitar music, and that's what matters, whether you feel it's 'valid' or not.

You might just be getting it....

There is no valid.

You do what you want, no matter who says what.

I am only giving an opinion that doesnt matter one bit to anyone but me.

• Members
You might just be getting it....

There is no valid.

You do what you want, no matter who says what.

I am only giving an opinion that doesnt matter one bit to anyone but me.

And that's fine. Just don't assume it's a choice when someone stands in front of their webcam playing guitar instead of making vids with their bands. Sometimes it's just a necessary evil.

• Members

Value what you want, if it puts you to sleep them more power to ya, to me ITS DOG{censored} and the MOST BORING {censored}ING {censored} IN THE {censored}ING WORLD!

ya know, I have no problems with anyone's opinion on famous musicians, that's their opinion, and fine with me if they feel that way. I usually don't slag on anyone, but your sweeping generalizations kind of piss me off. Even moreso because I've actually liked your music and turned friends on to your band.

There is no need to be such a dick about guys that aren't in bands, some of which might have been actual fans of your band. A lot of us would love to be in a band, myself included. I would kill to be able to play with other musicians on a regular basis. I made the conscious decision to dedicate the majority of my time to my family and raising my children. That doesn't make me any less of a man, make me enjoy playing music any less, or mean I wouldn't love to be playing out in front of people with other musicians. Playing in a band is a privilege IMO, it doesn't give you the right to {censored} on people that aren't as fortunate to have the time or resources to do so.

• Members

ya know, I have no problems with anyone's opinion on famous musicians, that's their opinion, and fine with me if they feel that way. I usually don't slag on anyone, but your sweeping generalizations kind of piss me off. Even moreso because I've actually liked your music and turned friends on to your band.

There is no need to be such a dick about guys that aren't in bands, some of which might have been actual fans of your band. A lot of us would love to be in a band, myself included. I would kill to be able to play with other musicians on a regular basis. I made the conscious decision to dedicate the majority of my time to my family and raising my children. That doesn't make me any less of a man, make me enjoy playing music any less, or mean I wouldn't love to be playing out in front of people with other musicians. Playing in a band is a privilege IMO, it doesn't give you the right to {censored} on people that aren't as fortunate to have the time or resources to do so.

Im not {censored}ting on anyone, I would suggest not taking everything you read on the interwebz so serious. Perhaps I should use more happy emoticons..

Do what you want, and be happy, Im raising two kids, and playing out with two bands, soon to be three. It isnt easy, and the family comes first.
Thats doesnt make me better or worse than anyone else, I just stated my opinion, Im sorry if you dont like it.
But man, I am not taking this conversation as serious as it might seem to be..

I dont hate every bedroom guitarist, I hate the music of the satch/vai genre, who tend not to have a band worth a crap as its seems to important to have solos the entire time.
There are a ton of recordings on hcaf, yours included that are freekin awesome, and you dont NEED a band to do that, I just hate the GENRE of instrumental rock that revolves around nonstop compressed, over distorted, heavy verb solo's with a added false spritiualisim

• Members

Im not {censored}ting on anyone, I would suggest not taking everything you read on the interwebz so serious. Perhaps I should use more happy emoticons..

Do what you want, and be happy, Im raising two kids, and playing out with two bands, soon to be three. It isnt easy, and the family comes first.

Thats doesnt make me better or worse than anyone else, I just stated my opinion, Im sorry if you dont like it.

But man, I am not taking this conversation as serious as it might seem to be..

I dont hate every bedroom guitarist, I hate the music of the satch/vai genre, who tend not to have a band worth a crap as its seems to important to have solos the entire time.

There are a ton of recordings on hcaf, yours included that are freekin awesome, and you dont NEED a band to do that, I just hate the
GENRE
of instrumental rock that revolves around nonstop compressed, over distorted, heavy verb solo's with a added false spritiualisim

alright, my bad if I took what you said the wrong way, I thought you were taking the piss on anyone that wasn't in a band. My wife is a surgeon that works 60+ hours a week plus a call schedule, so I don't get a lot of free time, and it's obviously a sore spot for me, lol. :lol:

I got no problem with your feelings on what kind of music you like, that's your opinion, and I respect that. :thu:

edit: haha, look at that, I commented on the butthurt, and managed to get a sore anus myself. :facepalm:

• Members
alright, my bad if I took what you said the wrong way, I thought you were taking the piss on anyone that wasn't in a band. My wife is a surgeon that works 60+ hours a week plus a call schedule, so I don't get a lot of free time, and it's obviously a sore spot for me, lol.
:lol:

I got no problem with your feelings on what kind of music you like, that's your opinion, and I respect that.
:thu:

My bad, I dont tend explain myself enough when arguing on the net!:lol:

I love the recordings I hear here, I love the you tube vids as well, xafro (sp) and yours are by far my favorites, but yours are SONGS.
They are rhythms that are thought out and practiced so that they can be doubled and be precise, they are chords and phrasings. Solos are tastefull, not the entire length of the track...

They are not someone elses backing track, with a solo over the top...
(even if they were there is nothing wrong with that, its not my thing )

I think that vai, or satriani would be amazing if they were in a band, the back round music at G3 had to be the worst I had ever heard in my life, it was so un inspired and boring I thought I was going to pass out.

I guess Im just a guy who likes to hear solos but with a band that feed off each others energy and make each other play to higher places..

Man this thread has taken some strange turns!

• Members
My bad, I dont tend explain myself enough when arguing on the net!
:lol:

I love the recordings I hear here, I love the you tube vids as well, xafro (sp) and yours are by far my favorites, but yours are SONGS.

They are rhythms that are thought out and practiced so that they can be doubled and be precise, they are chords and phrasings. Solos are tastefull, not the entire length of the track...

They are not someone elses backing track, with a solo over the top...

(even if they were there is nothing wrong with that, its not my thing )

I think that vai, or satriani would be amazing if they were in a band, the back round music at G3 had to be the worst I had ever heard in my life, it was so un inspired and boring I thought I was going to pass out.

I guess Im just a guy who likes to hear solos but with a band that feed off each others energy and make each other play to higher places..

Man this thread has taken some strange turns!

haha, no prob man, just a misunderstanding, it's squashed. I understand what you're saying too, and do tend to agree. I have nothing but respect for them as skilled guitarists, but it's not stuff I put on to listen to in my truck, hehe. I started listening to you guys when you still were using the Rev, and have been since. :thu:

• Members

Dude, just you are not my type.

Satch sucks, and so do you.

We have at least come to this conclusion, now please, for the love of God man, stop trying to hound me, Im taken.

But Im sure you look good playing "lay your hands on me" in running shoes at church:love:

Douche bag is anus hurt, now go away with your internet presence nonsense.

My band isnt awesome, never said we were, but compared to you, we are superstars!
:eek:

Ha, you stooped to a new low....creating quotes out of thin air-how original...I've just been pwned by someone that looks like the lead singer from rascal flatts...visit his myspace...

By fraudulently typing that I (me) think I love you, I'm starting to think that is wishful thinking.

If I were gay, I would {censored} your girlfriend just to spite you.

Christ, you are grasping at straws...

If I belonged to a church, it would be dedicated to defiling every relation you ever had, by piss or {censored} or cum in every orifice imaginable. When I ran out of orifices, I would create my own.

BWAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

To me, I think that he IS a wanker, but at least he is playing with a real band now, that might make him shine past his boring instrumental snooze fest of sausage music for wanna be spititual white middle age guitarists.

:

[YOUTUBE]AyaLH_5swSg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]J1dkFBT74uw[/YOUTUBE]

From wikipedia:

Joe Satriani - lead and rhythm guitars, dobro, harp, slide guitar, bass guitar, lap steel, vocals

Andy Fairweather Low - rhythm guitar

Manu Katch

• Members

OK, since I'm an uber-opinionated ass like everyone else around here, here are my 2 cents on Satch and Vai:

I can certainly understand how this kind of music isn't for everyone, hell, some of it bores me to tears, too, but regardless of whether the guy's music moves you or not, c'mon, in all honesty here we're striving more for bombast and butthurt infliction than a statement of fact when we write those guys off as simply soulless wankers with no redeeming musical value.

There are certainly guys like that out there, but even though Satch and Vai are both VERY hit and miss to me at times, both of them have much, much more musical depth to them than that, and both are capable of creating very beautiful, melodic, brilliantly crafted and played music as well.

Satch's earlier material, in particular, shows a lot of his true genius, as well as some of his occaisional subsequent releases, like Crystal Planet for instance. The problem I have with him is that his inspiration level can vary rather dramatically from record to record, and some of his stuff really can start to sound rather similar and regurgitated after a while. Same thing with Vai, although the big difference with him is that his music tends to be much more experimental and "out there", which really makes mostly instrumental music more interesting over the course of a full cd's worth of material to me, although at times, Steve certainly can get a little too self-indulgent and "out there", even for me!

I will say this, though, I'm very glad to see Satch in a real band for a change, I've always thought most of his music, which has always been really more groove-oriented anyway, would lend itself much better to a project with a real vocalist, which he definitely has now in Hagar & Michael Anthony. I really like the Chickenfoot cd, and I hope those guys can keep that band going for a while. I think this will really help keep the interest factor up watching him live, too. I've seen Satch live many, many times over the years, and after the first couple of times, I always kinda felt if you'd seen him once or twice, you've seen him a hundred times, but I'd really like to catch Chickenfoot live, much more so than I would care about seeing Satch on his own again these days.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled flame war.

• Members

From wikipedia:

Although I find much of Satch's stuff rather dull (mostly due to the very bland and 'sterile' production), have you heard his self-titled album? Everything was done live in one take with a live band, basically a big jam session. Comes out at times sounding a little too much like good ol' white-man blues, but it's still a great listen.

Shows how much better some of the 'shredders' are if they stick to guitar/songwriting instead of getting involved with the production and trying to play every instrument...

I don't about the "one take" bit. If you watched the vhs/dvd that documented the making of the the album you'd see how Joe's was laboring over some of the performances. The great thing was that Andy Johns who produced the album was there to reign in some of Joe's perfectionist tendencies. Never the less it's a very good album.

Archived