Worst guitarist in history??

Emerica167852

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
No, you are trying to insult me.

Of course i can be better than those guitarists, i'd like to hear Zakk Wylde or Daedbag lay down a pop punk guitar riff, lets see if he can do it! Just because i play in a band that is technically inferior to a lot of bands in the metal genre doesnt mean that i cant play. I chose to play and write music i enjoy, i have a good time doing it and i get to tour all over the UK and Europe and theres plenty of people who enjoy what i do to.

Like i've said in previous posts though, my band has nothing to do with the fact i think those guitarists are {censored}. They do nothing for me and the only inspiration they could ever give me is to not be like them, i'm sorry if you have a problem with me hating the guys you have posters on your wall of, actually i'm not sorry, so go back to pulling your pud over some beardy metallers.

The butt, it hurts really bad. Like surprise buttsecks with no loob hurt. :o

• Members

And even more to make yours. No ego here, just an opinion that was given after I was asked for it.

Wankers are nothing but glorified bedroom players playing to lame drum tracks.

I would rather hear a good song, with great guitar, than some asshat like vai push his fake spiritualisim to idiots who like electric elevator music.

I love the HCAF, name calling kids, who take speed players with drum machines more serious that songwriters.
:thu:

Rusty Cooley/Francesco Farreri/Tiago Della Vega, or whoever they all are; I don't listen to this crap, maybe. But Vai has never been one of those. He may have inspired some of them, but Vai came from the Zappa stable. He's always written music for himself, but it's very original and interesting, nonetheless, if not for everyone.

He's always been criticised for something that he is not (If a constant stream of fast notes is what you're after, Cooley or Yngwie are much better bets), but if his solo work is not your bag, his playing with Zappa and others is equally phenomenal. He has a sound that is truly his own.

SV is a fantastic guitar player. It's the idiots that came after, that skipped the 'musical' bit and focused on the 'playing fast' bit, ending up as mindless exercise machines, that are the problem. They have no phrasing, horrible rhythm, and as described, only know how to play exercises to a metronome.

As SV's music, or indeed, this video, should show you, he is a great guitar player, and shouldn't be confused with the mindless YouTube woodshedders of today. :thu:

I would have posted the version where he plays a solo beforehand, but this will do.

[YOUTUBE]bDx6dtr2T50[/YOUTUBE]

There's really no comparision between Vai's music and this stuff at all.

[YOUTUBE]FMy0G9a-lMA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

My thoughts exactly. Urrgh. I think it's the result of listening to great players that happen to be able to play fast, like Yngwie, Vai, et al (Did Yngwie ever play exercises to a metronome for hours?), but taking from them only the 'fast' bit, and simply practicing exercises all day every day. Exercises go in, exercises come out... :facepalm:

• Members

Oh no I dont, I think his band suck balls, but someone likes it, so good for them and him. I respect that, nothing more. Myspace has one million bands that sound exactly the same, except for the recordings are better.

As for watching what I say about bands you like?

{censored} satch, and {censored} you.

Satch sucks, his music sucks and I dont like it, I will never pull punches for some wash out, I dont care what you thing.

You never turned the tables, hell man you never even had a good argument, nowhere in ANYTHING you wrote makes me even think you are 41.

You did nothing but attack out of love for a music that is nothing but sausage soundtrack.....

Good luck running shoes, you need it...

Im out, Ive got beer calling my name.

Even George Bush thinks you're delusional.

• Members

What I have seen is that only two people have made comments that didnt get along with the little HCAF crowd and were attacked with personal insults rather than valid points, both of the guys might be in bands that arent "cool" but both on signed on small labels and do well for what music they are doing.

And they are getting jumped by an old guy who is in a illusive cover band, and a kid whos bands sounds like every other band out there right now, except with zero production on guitar tone.

Fact is no one is going to like everything, and I didnt go after anyone for saying neil young is a crappy player, I dont care!

Even though to me Young has more talen in his pinky than satch and vai put together with yngvie on top, but again, opinion...

I gotta get and see a friends band tonight, so I will come back tomorrow and see how many kiddies you got to gang up on me here, in real life, for not agreeing that satch rock is awesome.

Which it is not.

RAP running shoes, Id rather listen to bad emo screamo wanna be core, or rap than satch elevator music...

I never insulted you...maybe if you did first.

Why don't you answer to the hypocrisy I pointed out in your statements ? You seem to be conveniently ignoring these. Read your posts, you were insulting.

You can twist whatever you want into this dream world of yours, still not going to make sense.

• Members

I never insulted you...maybe if you did first.

Why don't you answer to the hypocrisy I pointed out in your statements ? You seem to be conveniently ignoring these. Read your posts, you were insulting.

You can twist whatever you want into this dream world of yours, still not going to make sense.

And you can keep following me around with your man crush and it isnt going to get respect.

I dont like wanker rock, and thats the deal, I dont see you going after the others who said the same thing, but again, I think its that middle age man crush thing you got going.

There is no hypocrisy, no hidden agenda, I just dont like what you like, but your such a {censored}ing tool that you have to chase me around reminding that Im stupid because we have different taste in music.

In real life this would have ended right quick, but on the net, you have the ability to be tough and talk and talk...

Enjoy it, its your life now.

• Members

I appreciate the intelligence it takes to defend a musical style you enjoy, and I respect that as well.

You could have done the typical fan boi HCAF and gone after grammer, typing, or my band but you didnt.

The points you made are valid, and I do see that lumping the speed shredders in with all instrumental rock does not do the genre justice.

But although I do like what I heard from this vid, it just reminds me of every other song he has done, on every other record.

The fact that he is looping parts to solo over just proves that to me, now if the vid was of a band playing that, it might make me think differently, but when the guitar tone is over compressed, tons of reverb and gain, and played over 50 guitar tracks, it just does nothing for me, nothing at all..

But again, thats me, and opinions are going to differ..

I prefer a band with musicians rather than one guy, some candles and pro tools..

But again, Im not saying he sucks, or Im better, Im just saying that his music is not for me..

Cheers.

• Members
But isn't that pretty much what you're doing?
:confused:

I didnt mean with violence, I meant that in real life someone can say, HEY I DONT LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE, and its over..I doubt it would go beyond that.

The butthurt black hole that is jaytee is something that science, religion, or even the genius minds of HCAF will never quite understand.
We can figure out tube differences from 100ft with one pick stroke, and understand the remarkable nuances of idiot CL adds, and even parody thread a parody thread, with pics, but this is something that will forever be beyond our grasp.
So he must now follow me, telling me over and over, about how his anus is a feiry world of pain, that has been caused by my selfish words against his guitar gods.

• Members

Careful guys, the butthurt in this thread is about to reach critical mass, and when it does, it's going to implode into a giant black hole of butthurt, and take the internet with it.

Im ready, I tied a rope around my waist and to the counter, so when she blows, Im gonna ride it out.

• Members
I didnt mean with violence, I meant that in real life someone can say, HEY I DONT LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE, and its over..I doubt it would go beyond that.

Yeah, but you repeatedly refer to these players as "wankers", saying that a guy like Satch "SUCKS", even though he writes simple, melodic songs that focus on memorable riffs over speedy solos. You also keep saying that they're not songwriters, they don't make music, etc.

Why can't you just say: "I don't dig their music and playing", and be done with it? :idk:

• Members

Why can't you just say: "I don't dig their music and playing", and be done with it?
:idk:

But again, Im not saying he sucks, or Im better, Im just saying that his music is not for me..

Does that make you feel better?:love:

To me, I think that he IS a wanker, but at least he is playing with a real band now, that might make him shine past his boring instrumental snooze fest of sausage music for wanna be spititual white middle age guitarists.
This is America, I can say what I want, and will.
Others insulted guitarists that I think are amazing but I didnt feel the need to go after them, its their opinion, and I dont get fiery HCAF butthurt anus syndrome, maybe its because I just dont care?:facepalm:

• Members

Im ready, I tied a rope around my waist and to the counter, so when she blows, Im gonna ride it out.

Make sure you didn't tie a slipknot, or you're gonna be incredibly {censored}ed.

Oh, and props for being a good sport.

• Members
Make sure you didn't tie a slipknot, or you're gonna be incredibly {censored}ed.

Oh, and props for being a good sport.

Slipknot, now THERE is some serious guitar talent!!

:facepalm:
Its the internetz man, I dont take anything serious or have any ill will towards anyone:love:
But there are a few rules which should be made a sticky.
-dont make fun of axefx's
-dont make fun of vai
-and admit that no other cabinet since the beginning of time will ever, in any form or shape, compare to the mills afterburner!

• Members
Does that make you feel better?
:love:

To me, I think that he IS a wanker, but at least he is playing with a real band now, that might make him shine past his boring instrumental snooze fest of sausage music for wanna be spititual white middle age guitarists.

This is America, I can say what I want, and will.

Others insulted guitarists that I think are amazing but I didnt feel the need to go after them, its their opinion, and I dont get fiery HCAF butthurt anus syndrome, maybe its because I just dont care?
:facepalm:

Actually, it's Harmony Central, and there are rules one must follow. Not saying you've broken any, tho.

As for instrumental guitar music, it appeals to a lot of different people, not just white guys in their mid-30s. I know several 16 year old girls who love Eric Johnson, Yngwie Malmsteen, Buckethead, and other guitarists. None of these girls play guitar, but they still enjoy the melodies.

And to be perfectly honest, I think Chickenfoot is ass compared to Satch's solo stuff. Why? His instrumental tunes are catchy! "Ceremony" is a perfect car tune, ditto with "One Big Rush".

• Members
I know several 16 year old girls who love Eric Johnson, Yngwie Malmsteen, Buckethead, and other guitarists. None of these girls play guitar, but they still enjoy the melodies.

You should marry those girls, every one of them, as they are more rare than a zillion dollar bill.
Sorry man, I mean no offense, but satch's music is about as boring as watching kinds on youtube playing to a cd track and just wanking for 4minutes.
:bor:

• Members
You should marry those girls, every one of them, as they are more rare than a zillion dollar bill.

Sorry man, I mean no offense, but satch's music is about as boring as watching kinds on youtube playing to a cd track and just wanking for 4minutes.

:bor:

One of them travels hundreds of miles just to see Dream Theater live. :love:

• Members

As for my band, like i've said, my band is nothing to do with my opinions on this question. But if you want to talk about my band, go for it, you obviously dont understand the music, although judging by the fact that we have a record deal and good management theres obviously plenty of people who do understand it and bum it on a daily basis.

Actually, your saccharine, nauseating, contrived, bubblegum-pop "band" and... "music" has everything to do with your troll... err "opinion" on the question. You stated all these guitarists, who can all play, write and perform circles around you were "{censored}". Then, you also went on to personally attack pretty much anyone who plays metal with a sanctimonious, douchenozzle attitude that implies that you have somehow managed to delude yourself that you are in some way supposed to be superior to them and their music, which believe me, is a pipe-dream so utterly divorced from reality, it's actually hilarious! You and your stale-ass band of hackneyed, boy band posers couldn't carry the freakin' strap of anyone else or their band on that list.

So, in summary, in the future, if you want to avoid butthurt stemming from being called out as a douche-tacular troll whenever you feel the unfortunate compulsion to fart out your insignificant "opinion", try getting the {censored} over yourself for 5 minutes and formulate it in such a way that doesn't make you come across like a pedantic, puerile little asshat and just maybe you'll experience a different result.

• Members

And you can keep following me around with your man crush and it isnt going to get respect.

I dont like wanker rock, and thats the deal, I dont see you going after the others who said the same thing, but again, I think its that middle age man crush thing you got going.

There is no hypocrisy, no hidden agenda, I just dont like what you like, but your such a {censored}ing tool that you have to chase me around reminding that Im stupid because we have different taste in music.

In real life this would have ended right quick, but on the net, you have the ability to be tough and talk and talk...

Enjoy it, its your life now.

Again, read my posts and tell me where I was trying to be "tough".

As to man crush...if you feel this way, you are perfectly able to just not respond to me at all.

I haven't made stuff up to help my argument, yet you insist on it, so of course I call it into question.

Whether you say I was trying to act tough or trying to purport my "awesome" cover band prowess, yet you can't come up with any evidence of this.

Answer to this statement that you conveniently avoid...

"The idea that you hold some ultimate authority of opinion over someone else just because you have original songs on a Myspace page is egotistical in itself.

Don't you think this same reasoning would lead one to believe that these professional players know a little more than you and their opinions are worth more seeing that they actually make albums that sell in spades and have legions of fans without any radio support?"

So Satch says {censored} you, and who are you to disagree because his presence on the internet is so far beyond yours. This is your idea, not mine.

Answer to it, otherwise you are a hypocrite. Keep making stuff up to suit your argument, that only proves I am right and you are wrong.

I'm going to bank on the fact that you probably will not respond to this under the guise of following my advice and ignoring me, when the truth is you do not have an answer.

Archived