Ever had a band member pawn your stuff?

MattACaster

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The drummer of my band (probably ex-band now) has my Mesa 2x12 and a bunch of my Zildjian A and A Custom cymbals.
:mad:

He out on trucking runs right now trying to make some quick cash after he lost his job but isn't making arrangements for me to come pick the stuff up. Methinks he pawned it for quick cash and is now trying to avoid copping too it. He keeps saying he will be home soon but more runs keep coming up and he never is.

UPDATE on post #63.

Probably wasn't repo'd, either. He's already been caught lying. If it were me, I'd call the police again and have no mercy -- at most maybe calling the drummer and telling him what's going to happen if he doesn't come up with the truth or a solid plan to get the gear back in a fast hurry.

• Members

I was keeping the band's gear in my trailer inside my heated garage. The drummer got antsy. Now I understand why. NEVER let anyone else have your gear when you're not there. And here I thought he was just being, well, a drummer....

• Members

{censored} you, dude.

I'm sorry I'm the kind of person who gives his friends the benefit of the doubt. It dragged on so long because I thought he want out of town doing trucking run and trying to get his life together.

He's not your friend.

It dragged on because he's been lying to you SO YOU CAN'T GET YOUR {censored} BACK!

HE WANT'S THE MONEY MORE THAN YOUR FRIENDSHIP.

Sorry to be the one to tell you the truth. Just wish you'd listen...

g/l...

• Members

Murder/Suicide

It bugs me hearing about supposed friends taking advantage of other friends and the ones being taken advantage of are so slow to come to terms with it let alone take any necessary actions. I hope MattACaster ends up {censored}ing that {censored} over, legally and/or physically, big time for all the bull{censored} he's caused.

• Members

{censored} you, dude.

I'm sorry
I'm the kind of person who gives his friends the benefit of the doubt.
It dragged on so long because I thought he want out of town doing trucking run and trying to get his life together.

I think the point was that this dude isn't your friend and the ducker is lying to you now the same way he did about being on trucking runs. If you don't press charges on this douche there's a real good chance that he'll be able to go into politics one day and then he'll be everyones problem.

• Members

Ended up finding my stuff went through the local Music Go Round.

How did I find out?

I took my buddy hi-hat shopping out there and he ended up buying MY hi-hats. :lol:

After I found all this out, I went straight to house and talked with him. He says he through he could dump it there for some quick cash and buy it back before anyone got to it. He was able to get my Recto cab back, although that is in his repo-ed car. My snare and my ride and crash were gone before he could get to them though. I do know he has my Recto cab because he showed me the buyback receipt from MGR. He also said that since he lost the other stuff he had bought me another snare (a FAR nicer one) and replacement cymbals. He showed me the receipts to back this up as well.

I ended up having him and his g/f over to my place for dinner that night. Him and I went out back for a cigar and talked through the whole thing. He came totally clean about everything and backed it all up with paperwork. Repo documents, letter from the back about him defaulting on loans and mortgages and whatnot. Everything.

I almost went to the cops, but he is already so {censored}ed over that it wouldn't help. Plus, the cymbals don't have serials so I have no way of proving they are mine. I also don't have the serial written down for the Recto cab either. All going to the cops would do is get him charged with a felony and then he can't work.

His g/f's Dad ended up coming through and helping them out with their money issues. He now has the cash to get the car out. We are waiting to hear from the Repo company today about getting back the car and gear inside.

Finger's crossed.

• Members

Why dont you want to press charges? The guy stole from you.

There are no charges to press. It's a civil matter, not a criminal one.

Best I could do would be get a layer and take him to court which would probably cost more than the gear.

• Members

I was keeping the band's gear in my trailer inside my heated garage. The drummer got antsy. Now I understand why. NEVER let anyone else have your gear when you're not there. And here I thought he was just being, well, a drummer....

If I had known the break would have stretched that long, I would have grabbed the stuff sooner.

And towards the beginning, there was no reason to doubt he was on the road.

• Members

You know, FINNS, who posts over on Open Jam occasionally, is a Chi-town policeman, you might want to look him up, having a musician cop from the same vicinity might play in your favor about now.....

I'm not technically in Chicago so I don't think he could do much.

• Members
Ended up finding my stuff went through the local Music Go Round.

How did I find out?

I took my buddy hi-hat shopping out there and he ended up buying MY hi-hats.
:lol:

After I found all this out, I went straight to house and talked with him. He says he through he could dump it there for some quick cash and buy it back before anyone got to it. He was able to get my Recto cab back, although that is in his repo-ed car. My snare and my ride and crash were gone before he could get to them though. I do know he has my Recto cab because he showed me the buyback receipt from MGR. He also said that since he lost the other stuff he had bought me another snare (a FAR nicer one) and replacement cymbals. He showed me the receipts to back this up as well.

I ended up having him and his g/f over to my place for dinner that night. Him and I went out back for a cigar and talked through the whole thing. He came totally clean about everything and backed it all up with paperwork. Repo documents, letter from the back about him defaulting on loans and mortgages and whatnot. Everything.

I almost went to the cops, but he is already so {censored}ed over that it wouldn't help. Plus, the cymbals don't have serials so I have no way of proving they are mine. I also don't have the serial written down for the Recto cab either. All going to the cops would do is get him charged with a felony and then he can't work.

His g/f's Dad ended up coming through and helping them out with their money issues. He now has the cash to get the car out. We are waiting to hear from the Repo company today about getting back the car and gear inside.

Finger's crossed.

Damn, props to you both.
I contest that this is signifcantly more manly than kicking his ass or involving police.

• Members

Damn, props to you both.

I contest that this is signifcantly more manly than kicking his ass or involving police.

Like I said, Police can't do crap and fighting wouldn't solve anything.

In fact, he is the type of guy who would probably just let me hit him and not fight back. That certainly wouldn't make me feel any better.

I need to go buy some lotto tickets because I'm probably {censored}ting good Karma at this point. :thu:

Archived