Ever had a band member pawn your stuff?

MattACaster

• Members

Sounds like another load of BS to me man.

This. He's trying to get you to go after the repo guys. He could have easily dealt with it already or at least told you if there actually had been any repo guys. If they say they never saw any gear, he's hoping you believe him over them.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Planning on calling the local PD to find out.
:thu:

First thing I would do is demand to know who his car loan was through so that you could find out who the repo company was, if the local police can't tell you... in many areas, I think the police have to be notified of repossessions, so it's possible they might even be able to tell you. I hope you get your stuff back, this is really crap that he's doing this to you guys....

• Members
UPDATE 2

Got off the phone with the guitarist who talked to the drummer. Drummer's story is now that our stuff was in his car when it got repo-ed. It was all packed into his car one night when he thought we were going to practice at the guitar players. Apparently they took the car with our stuff in it.
:facepalm:

On the bright side I feel a bit better about this since there is a chance of still getting that stuff back.

It's a lie bro. Don't buy that {censored}.

• Members

Nope. But, I've gotten some decent stuff from guys who've left it behind. And something not so funny, I (or rather my bass player and myself) got the idea to glue one of our guitarists at the time tubes to his head. That was about 6-7 years ago....wonder if he's had to change em out?

BTW, we used a strong 3 part industrial epoxy and he was an ubercunt.

• Members
Well we will find out. We're going to get more info and see if the story actually checks out or not.

I'll give you $5 if I'm right.
You give me $5 if you get your stuff back.

Srsly...I've been thru this...but I didn't let it drag on this long. You sound gullible.

you"Did you steal my things?"
him"Nah bro...they're in my car."
you"Show me"
him"Oh I forgot, my granny's borrowing them...she's good, they'll be safe"
you"Let's go over there"
him"Well she's not there...she's on vacation"

you"Oh...I guess that's ok then. Granny's are usually good people"

• Members
:idk:

He's been lying to cover his lies, I don't know why this would be any different.

Good luck man, I hope it works out but at this point I'm doubtful.

Plus one, your {censored}ed. Time to call the cops, tell them he pawned your {censored} and is lying to you. Have them take the statement about the car repo, as soon as his story doesn't check out he's {censored}ed in the eyes of the law. Take him to civil court and get a judgment against him (which will be easy once he's on record as lying to the cops).

Of course in the end this tweeker is never gonna pay, and your gonna be out your {censored}, but it's your only real legal recourse sad to say.

So you should figure out a time he is alone and high and beat his ass into coma with a baseball bat. Seriously.

• Members

Nope. But, I've gotten some decent stuff from guys who've left it behind. And something not so funny, I (or rather my bass player and myself) got the idea to glue one of our guitarists at the time tubes to his head. That was about 6-7 years ago....wonder if he's had to change em out?

BTW, we used a strong 3 part industrial epoxy and he was an ubercunt.

DIAF

• Members

Srsly...I've been thru this...but I didn't let it drag on this long. You sound gullible.

you"Show me"

you"Let's go over there"

Yupp this is how it goes.

• Members

you"Show me"

you"Let's go over there"

{censored} you, dude.

I'm sorry I'm the kind of person who gives his friends the benefit of the doubt. It dragged on so long because I thought he want out of town doing trucking run and trying to get his life together.

• Members

I really hope this guy isn't in your band anymore......

Once you either get your stuff back, or realize you are not getting your stuff back, I would avoid this guy forever.

People should be able to keep it together on a basic level. Its not hard to avoid having a car repod.

No, the band is over and done and once this is over the drummer and I will no longer have an association.

The bass player and I already have a new project in the works. :thu:

• Members

I know someone who had their car repo'd. Once the bank has notification that the repo lot has the vehicle secured, the owner can go and collect everything from the vehicle. They usually load everything into garbage bags and label it in a storage trailer. The bank almost never lets the vehicle go back to the owner. They sell it an auction and bill the owner for anything above the note that is owed.

• Members

I know someone who had their car repo'd. Once the bank has notification that the repo lot has the vehicle secured, the owner can go and collect everything from the vehicle. They usually load everything into garbage bags and label it in a storage trailer. The bank almost never lets the vehicle go back to the owner. They sell it an auction and bill the owner for anything above the note that is owed.

Just called his local PD Dept....

If it was Repo'd, it wasn't at his house.

Archived