Ever had a band member pawn your stuff?

MattACaster

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah but it was many years ago. Former drummer of 3 months moved from his house he supposed owned (but was renting) in the middle of the night. No reasons, nothing to suspect. He ran off with 25 k worth of PA, lighting and keyboard gear.

Later on we found out the guy frequently did this. He placed ads in local paper for drummer, then successfully convinced band mates to store equipment with their drummer (him). After several months, he'd leave with the gear.

Most of the gear was pawned off in States that were hundreds of miles from where he did his con. They never caught him.

Careful with the ads you answer!

• Members

I'd seduce his wife while he was gone, and then laugh for years while he was forced to raise my kid. Then I'd fess up after he was finished paying the child support, and when he started screaming, I'd bean the jerk with a cymbal, and pee on his shoes.

Hmm. Good thing I'm a solo act, huh?

I'll be out on parole in 2032, so you are all safe until then. After that, lock up your daughters. And whatever you do, don't pawn my stuff that I left in a storage bin on route 25 in New Hampshire. I'll find you.

:lol:;)

... JT

• Members

UPDATE!!!!!

I talked to him yesterday.

The other guitarist went to his g/f's Dad's house and talked to her sister. HE'S BEEN HOME FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS!!! He's been going over there almost every day using their internet and eating their food!!!

MOTHER {censored}ER!!!

So the g/f and I went to his house last night around 7pm to see if anyone was there. We parked on a side street that has a clear view of the driveway in his backyard. There was a car there.... And we spot in walking around his backyard on the phone! I race around and pull into his driveway to block it and run in the backyard. I guess he ran inside.

I called the cops. Shortly after they showed up so did the other guitarist. The cops banging on the door got them to open it. After the cops threatened him with 5 years in prison, he let us into the basement. None of our stuff is there. He is still claiming it at his buddies house where he was being paid to do some drum tracks. What he needed with my Mesa cab and my guitarists PA stuff for that I have no idea... But I'm sure he is lying and the stuff was either sold or pawned.

I'm so {censored}ing furious right now...

The way it was left last night is that he will have our stuff for us at 5pm today.

We'll see. I'm not optimistic.

If any of you Chicago guys could keep an eye out for my Recto 2x12s for me, I'd appriciate it. I don't know the s# but there is a slight brown discoloration on mine on the top right side towards the front from when some water from a buddies ceiling fell on it.

• Members

UPDATE!!!!!

I talked to him yesterday.

The other guitarist went to his g/f's Dad's house and talked to her sister. HE'S BEEN HOME FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS!!! He's been going over there almost every day using their internet and eating their food!!!

MOTHER {censored}ER!!!

So the g/f and I went to his house last night around 7pm to see if anyone was there. We parked on a side street that has a clear view of the driveway in his backyard. There was a car there.... And we spot in walking around his backyard on the phone! I race around and pull into his driveway to block it and run in the backyard. I guess he ran inside.

I called the cops. Shortly after they showed up so did the other guitarist. The cops banging on the door got them to open it. After the cops threatened him with 5 years in prison, he let us into the basement. None of our stuff is there. He is still claiming it at his buddies house where he was being paid to do some drum tracks. What he needed with my Mesa cab and my guitarists PA stuff for that I have no idea... But I'm sure he is lying and the stuff was either sold or pawned.

I'm so {censored}ing furious right now...

The way it was left last night is that he will have our stuff for us at 5pm today.

We'll see. I'm not optimistic.

If any of you Chicago guys could keep an eye out for my Recto 2x12s for me, I'd appriciate it. I don't know the s# but there is a slight brown discoloration on mine on the top right side towards the front from when some water from a buddies ceiling fell on it.

What general neighborhood zone are we probably talking about?

• Members

What general neighborhood zone are we probably talking about?

He lives in Midlothian. But I don't put it past to drive into the city to sell it to lessen the chances of any of us finding it.

But if people could keep an eye out in general for Recto 2x12s, that'd be great too. I love that cab and if I don't get mine back, I'd like to replace it.

• Members

Wow man, just wow.

That is {censored}ed up, majorly.

Ill keep an eye out, have you called around to music go round or any pwan shops yet?

Pawn shops wont' say dick to us. However, Kate has an in at one that he might have used to she is going to check into that.

The bass player has an in with a guy at Music Go Round so he is going to check the records there for us too.

Archived