New Car

Brick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would pull a 413 max wedge out of a junk motor home and slap it into a 1/2 ton dodge pickup or maybe a clean dart or valiant after I dumped 4k into a rebuild. I should come in under 8 or 9k total investment if I do the work myself.

• Members

You don't like the look of the Wrx, but you do like the STi look? I mean besides the slightly wider body, the wing and scoop are the only other differences. And on the 06/07 they used the same scoop.

Evo 8/9 are just known for having the most solid block and internals. Those things can handle almost anything. Equally modded they'll usually beat an STi.

I'd love an STi one day, but the Evo can handle more.

• Members

I would stay clear of the RSX. Great car, but insurance companies seem to think that if you own one you bleed $20 bills. It has some of the highest premiums of all the sport-compact cars. .

this... I owned a 2005 RSX-S and the insurance was hilariously expensive... though evo insurance isn't that much better. :cry:

Hell... you know what, I take back my evo suggestion. I'd get a C5 vette, supercharge it and be done with it. the engines are incredible, the parts grow on trees, everyone and their hillbilly uncle can fix one and they aren't hard to find.

• Members

Mazdaspeed3. I have one, and I use it as a daily driver, and as a track car on the weekends. Fairly quick, great handling, decent mileage, comfortable daily driver, and good (for a front driver) on track days.

• Members

Mazdaspeed3. I have one, and I use it as a daily driver, and as a track car on the weekends. Fairly quick, great handling, decent mileage, comfortable daily driver, and good (for a front driver) on track days.

But how about in the snow?

• Members

You don't like the look of the Wrx, but you do like the STi look? I mean besides the slightly wider body, the wing and scoop are the only other differences. And on the 06/07 they used the same scoop.

Evo 8/9 are just known for having the most solid block and internals. Those things can handle almost anything. Equally modded they'll usually beat an STi.

I'd love an STi one day, but the Evo can handle more.

Ya, I suffer from womanitis, I'm a wee bit of a psycho. I'm not sure, something just strikes me odd about the WRX's compared to the STI's. :idk: Then there's the SOHC vs the DOHC with the wrx/sti's as well. But I love the boxer motors, I'm just worried about working on them, my experience is mostly limites to inline 4 and 6's. So it'd be a learning experince for sure.

To Tilsta, what year is your mazda speed and how does it handle the snow? The car will spend half the year in Macomb Illinois for school, the other half in the city, so when winter hits out in macomb, we usually get a decent amount of snow, so that's pretty important to me at this poing.

• Members

But how about in the snow?

I live in South Florida, so it rarely even gets into the 50s. I've never seen it snow here. Your point is valid though, as my speed3 has front traction issues even on wet roads if you are not cautious with the gas pedal. I can imagine snow would be even worse.

• Members

My brother in law has a speed 3, he's from Kansas City and he came up here to Northern Minnesota at the end of the winter last year. Let me tell you, it was not a winter car by any stretch of the imagination. In retrospect, ANY of the high performance cars are going to be a bit of a bitch in the winter, given that they are most likely going to have hard compound sport tires to begin with.

• Members

I can't possibly be the only person who thinks that $1.7 mil rolling
:o
-face is the ugliest excuse for a supercar in history, can I?
:idk:

I agree 100%. I don't care how much it costs or how fast it is, that doesn't change the fact that its {censored}ing hideous

• Members

Gallant vr4

Eclipse Gsx

my project supra (1990 turbo t top) bit the dust last year so I'm holding off on another expensive project until I can graduate and buy a 2000+ Acura Nsx.

Older sti's are pretty legit and the evo is just {censored}ing brutal.

• Members

I think the Impreza STI is more fun to drive than the Evo, more "mojo" so to speak, but agree that the Evo tends to have slightly better measurable performance for the same amount of cash spent on mods.

I'd go for the Impreza over the Evo for a daily driver.

• Members

ricers...
:facepalm:

That sort of reaction to Japanese cars always makes me laugh. Throughout the whole of Europe, folks tend to have nigh on identical reactions whenever American cars are mentioned!!!

Granted I come from the UK where we don't really have a car industry anymore apart from the Japanese companies that have production plants over here, so what do I know :facepalm:;)

• Members

ricers...
:facepalm:

You're an idiot. GTFO out of this thread. Plus, who the {censored} are you?

And Crunch, you can't legally import skylines here to the US. The gubbaments can take the car, crush it, and send you a bill for crushing it.

Archived