New Car

Brick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're an idiot. GTFO out of this thread. Plus, who the {censored} are you?

And Crunch,
you can't legally import skylines here to the US
. The gubbaments can take the car, crush it, and send you a bill for crushing it.

that's {censored}ed, lots of Skylines in this city.

I'm going to buy a new Chevy Colorado this week for $15,000.00, the GM incentives add up to close to $10,000.00. now is a very good time to buy GM.

• Members

you CAN legally import them, it just costs a LOT of money to jump through all the hoops, pay the necessary fees, inspections, etc... bascially a lot of BS is needed but once you get it checked out once, you can do whatever you want with the car.

A local shop has a couple of R34's that are all fully registered/legal/etc.

Expect to fork over near 6 figures to get an R34 though....

It's not cheap by any means but you do get a good bit of exclusiveness.

• Members
This. Jeezus, this!
:facepalm:

That's one of the main things that turns me off to the whole import tuner scene, that flatulent,
ridiculous
-sounding raspy ASS exhaust note that sounds like an amplified lawnmower!

I agree, besides Subaru. The flat four sounds awesome. Deep and rumbly.

• Members

Fast Red Pony Car- I coulda sworn that the chassis were not DOT legal and couldn't be legally registered as a street car? I know they can be imported as strictly a race car, but I didn't know you could for a street car.

• Members

chassis modifications are necessary..that's the big problem. like front and rear crash supports and junk like that. Then there's the emissions bit... they had to rebuild the downpipes/exhausts, custom write new engine programming (they have to be run all the time on race gas otherwise), the front and rear lighting is all not US dot spec so that had to be adjusted in one way or the other.

Another guy tried to bring in a RHD evo 6 or 5 (I forget which) and the front crash support structure would have to have been rebuilt and would have eliminated the use of a large core intercooler.

I think the evo 8 when it was the first introduced on us soil had a much more robust frontal crash zone.

I'm not really sure what all mods had to be done on the GTR though.. all I know is that the cost of making it legal is nearly what they paid for the cars :cry:

Edit: Read

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-r/how-to-buy-a-nissan-skyline-gt-r-in-america-right-now.html

• Members
This. Jeezus, this!
:facepalm:

That's one of the main things that turns me off to the whole import tuner scene, that flatulent,
ridiculous
-sounding raspy ASS exhaust note that sounds like an amplified lawnmower!

me too, so...... I'll stick to my modern looking cars, "underpowered" v8 mustangs and camaros alll the way... I'm never going to race on the streets and who the {censored} cares about tracks so long as you look, sound and feel awesome driving your car.

I couldn't feel awesome driving a 1992 {censored}wagon. :freak: you can put all the make up on a pig that you want... but.. it's still a pig. -- and if you want to {censored} it.. well, you're a hick!

• Members

if I got an RX7, the first mod would have to be an LS1.
i've driven both a modded 3rd gen turbo RX7 and another one with an LS swap with some LT4 stuff and the LS felt SOO much faster despite them both putting down around 350~ish to the wheels.

the evos become more than the STI (in my opinion) once you get into mods. It seems like they're just more potent cars when modded. My evo buddies are always making more power and are overall much more positive about their cars vs my STI friends who are always bitching about something.

i have a vid of my old 383 SBC swapped 2nd gen RX7. {censored} all of the rotards, that car wasn't even a third of the beast with the rotary engine in it.

and i also second the comment about the evos over the STI. the STI's just don't hold up very well after you start to mod them.

i would suggest any of the following:

Dodge SRT-4

Mitsubishi Evolution 8 or 9

Mazdaspeed Protege

Mazdaspeed 3 or 6

Nissan 350Z

-stay away from rotary engines if you like: gas mileage, lots of power and generally having money in your pocket

-stay away from engines that are horizontally opposed (even porsche). the sheer mechanics of those things... once you start to make serious power, things tend to go flying.

-

• Members

How bout a nice RSX, but turbo... Subaru STI, {censored} it. AWD, stick and plenty of turbocharged power. But expect it to be broken in lol...

VW has the VR6 and 1.8T... dunno about more recent stuff..

I love japanese cars though, Vtec is the shiznitz.. depends how old you want to go. I'd get a mint ~2000 integra and turbo it for that money...

-D

VTEC is ghey...

• Members

If you want to go down that alley, an R33 Skyline GT-R can be legally imported and is well under your price range. I would also look into an EVO or STI if you want AWD. I don't know if you could get one in your price range, but a 2003-3004 Terminator Cobra would be absolute tits. Fast as {censored} in a straight line, and can still handle with the best.

Archived