Has anyone else here found their holy grail tone?

Chrisjd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
That's one of them. It's the Valvetech VAC-50. I also have a pair of Valvetech Hayseed 30's that are just incredible sounding.
:thu:

There's pics of them here...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2658502&page=2

wow you have quite the collection. The 65's look real nice, but for me, that white head on white cab takes the cake for pure aesthetics...

• Members

Yes.

I've created the perfect rack/pedal fusion for my desired instrumental post-rock sound.

T1M buffer

Ernie Ball Low Z volume pedal

SUF Muffs (CW, VRH, Tri)

Boss RV-3 for 100%wet swells

Boss RC-2 looper (would like to try a boomerang)

Good clean preamp with lots of mids (S2 Pre2 or GT Trio)

TC 2290

Roland RSP-550 for reverb

VHT 2150

Pair of Emperor 4x12's.

=

instrumental devastation.

I just realized you have {censored}ing great taste in tones. Do you have any recorded clips?

• Members

Yup.

TS9 -> cranked '68 Pro Reverb

But that amp doesn't need to be gigged much more than it already has.

Beyond that, I'm absolutely in love with my new Tweaker. Like Raceu4her said above, I can get on stage and not worry a bit about my tone, while focusing everything on playing/rocking out. Even the AC30 had a few things I didn't like about it, but the Tweaker is just there.

but the holy grail is still the Pro Reverb on 10 with my TS9. Sounds like a JTM45, but with amazing reverb and tremolo.

• Members

Between my Einstein and Shiva, I am basically win for any tone this side of the brootulz.

These two are keepers. Love them both. The diezel has an awesome lead tone. The notes just seem to bleed into each other with a nice sag. Yet chords ring out with separation and definition.

The Shiva is just win on all accounts too. These two, are definitely grail amps for me. They sound and respond how I want them to. And they work great live. The features on both are perfect.

So yeah. My Les Paul Custom into whichever of these I feel like is all I need really.

Orange take care of my cab

MXR, CAE, Trex and Dunlop do my effects.

It's a {censored}ing rock machine.

• Members

I have a bunch of "holy grail" tones in my head. Three of them I have been able to actually get, two of them from amps I own. My favorite has to be from my dual rectifier.

Currently I have been able to reach it with my Dual Rectifier solo head for hi-gain tones and for some lead tones.

Another time was when I had my engl e530 for solo/shred wankery.

For my mid-gain crunch tones it would be the jcm800 but that amp is just to damn loud for me to every buy it.

For clean tones it would be the Bogner Shiva or a Divided by thirteen which are too expensive for me. I have gotten some really excellent cleans out of my Axe-fx as well, so I am not sure how big a difference there would be.

Archived