Has anyone else here found their holy grail tone?

Chrisjd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes.

I've created the perfect rack/pedal fusion for my desired instrumental post-rock sound.

T1M buffer

Ernie Ball Low Z volume pedal

SUF Muffs (CW, VRH, Tri)

Boss RV-3 for 100%wet swells

Boss RC-2 looper (would like to try a boomerang)

Good clean preamp with lots of mids (S2 Pre2 or GT Trio)

TC 2290

Roland RSP-550 for reverb

VHT 2150

Pair of Emperor 4x12's.

=

instrumental devastation.

• Members

There are too many great tones and there's always something one has that the other doesn't.

I don't think that there is an ultimate "holy grail" tone for me. I like different tones for different applications.

• Members

There are too many great tones and there's always something one has that the other doesn't.

I don't think that there is an ultimate "holy grail" tone for me. I like different tones for different applications.

That is the thing. You need horses for courses.

I just bought a modern fuzz because I want an uber huge powerchord attack that my "grail" tone can't reproduce.

• Members

Cobra w/KT88s, into a VHT 412 - for metal.

But one of these days I'm gonna learn "I Know a Little" and I'm going to have to figure out what kind of amp/cab combo will give me an appropriate sound. I'm also absolutely clueless when it comes to getting that "classic rock" mid-gain sound.

The quest never ends... :facepalm:

• Members

Oh, and yea I've used a Mesa Tremoverb the past 15 yrs, so I'm covered amp wise too. It sounds especially bad ass when running as the master amp for my 220 watt stereo tube rig through a 4x12 on one side, a and ported 2x12 and open back 2x12 on the other side. I {censored}ing rule the sonic spectrum, and bend it to my will as I see fit. :p

• Members

Yeah my tone now is the best it's ever been.

5150bl/6505+FJA into a Randall Bmf x loaded cab with Les Pauls with dimebuckers/dirty fingers.

The next chapter will be adding either a sunn model t halfstack (original) or a thunderverb 200 halfstack for stereo with boss fz-2, molloon boost, and rotary emulator... Possibly a pog. And switching from Les Paula to prs tremonti's

Archived