What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Try a bottle of Makers Mark next time...I don't think anything in it's price range even comes close to how good it is. Bookers, Bakers, Knob Creek and JD Single Barrel are all some solid choices too.

I personally dont hate Makers, but dont love it for its generic sweetness. Its DECENT for the price, but if you want a really good one for the price, get Old Grandad 114. IMHO it the best per price you can get. It argues with Bookers & whatnot but is about $25 bucks.

Make no mistake, DONT get regular 80 proof, get the 114, the 80 is bad.

Cut it back with a splash of water.

oldgranddad.jpg

• Members

Makers is only too sweet if you don't drink it room temp...neat. If doesn't work well with water or as a mixer at all. Maybe that's why some things taste different to me. Woodford Reserve is mediocre at best to me and I saw it several times on this list. Laphroiage 10 is WAY better if you decant it. If mellows the salt and smoke A LOT and smooths it out.

• Members

Makers is only too sweet if you don't drink it room temp...neat. If doesn't work well with water or as a mixer at all. . Woodford Reserve is mediocre at best to me. and I saw it several times on this list.

Nah its just sweet to me, & mediocre pretty much is my opinion. I had it back when it was fresh on the market, & been wise to tasting for a good long while.

But to be fair, thats good advice, as most of the crowd just SHOOT, mix, or have no real understanding of how to really TASTE a fine alcohol...

• Members

Try a bottle of Makers Mark next time...I don't think anything in it's price range even comes close to how good it is. Bookers, Bakers, Knob Creek and JD Single Barrel are all some solid choices too.

The only whiskey I like is bourbon and the only two, so far, are Makers Mark and Knob Creek 9.

Much prefer Chinaco Anejo tequila, Grey Goose vodka, Armagnac, and Cl

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok, this thread was buried, sheesh.

Since I never remember to look at this thread before I go to the store, I never remember what to get. Apparently my local liquor store doesn't believe in specials either unless its one of the "Big" brands. Their prices seem fair.

I wound up with a bottle "George E. Dickel's Old No.12" or something. It seems to be fairly smooth and tasty.

Last night turned into a blur so my memory isn't great about it. I'll have a better idea next time I have some. :lol:

Archived