You ever been onstage and it was so perfect

Spizzledude

• Members

and you were so in the tube you had chills just keep flowing through you?

That is what actors, musicians, and artists of all types live for....that moment. All the scales, the tone seeking, the forums stuff, the amp talk, the flame war {censored}, the snax, hookers and blow.....all of it......is nothing without that moment.

• Members

When the band is tight, the crowd is cheering you on, and you nail your parts....drugs don't give that good of a feeling.

This, though I have to reluctantly admit (given I'm not a drug advocate) that 2 separate instances stoned (once coke, once bennies) were among the best (and my sober band mates, who didn't know I hard had some candy, even commented how I was really "on fire"). Admittedly I was at the top of my game practice wise -- knew the songs so well I could play them backwards | forwards | whatevar.

• Members

The greatest moment of my life was this:
I was in high school. I played guitar in the jazz band (it was more like a rock band with horns - I don't know from jazz, really). An offshoot band was created that was a "Blues Brothers" band. We got a gig playing at a USAA Spirit Camp.

In other words, I was playing a high school cheerleaders convention.:love::love::love:

So there I was, playing "Soul Man" in front of several thousand teenage cheerleaders in their outfits. Towards the end of the song, about a hundred of them danced across the stage in a conga line. Good thing I was not playing a horn, because I was laughing my ass off. I have never felt such joy before or since.

It was glorious.

• Members

This whole tour was pretty much perfect, cant wait to go back!

The od thing is i didnt have my rig, i had a hired rig as did the rest of the band, but it didnt seem to matter, i think we all just got on with the job of being in a rock band rather than worrying about tones.

Archived