how well can you play when you're drunk?

guitarbilly74

• Members

I am good up until about beer 4. After that, it's a crap(s) shoot. Really, the only difference in my playing sober and a little buzzed is that I don't give a {censored} when I make a mistake after beer 3. Sober, I still make the same mistake...I just care more.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I played on my birthday a few years ago and got completely hammered. I don't remember the last set. We did songs I've never practiced before, and the next day the guys told me I hit pretty much every note. Muscle memory perhaps?

As soon as I put my guitar down, I apparently fell right over and off the stage.

• Members

I can handle myself pretty well, but I usually prefer not to be drunk off my ass when gigging. I prefer other substances
:cop:

Yeah, you can. I have definitely seen you play better than you can stand or walk or talk. It's impressive. :lol:

I don't remember the last time I played completely sober, so I really don't have much to compare. I know that there is a point where I can't play for {censored}, but it's a pretty high threshold.

• Members

Yeah, you can. I have definitely seen you play better than you can stand or walk or talk. It's impressive.
:lol:

I don't remember the last time I played completely sober, so I really don't have much to compare. I know that there is a point where I can't play for {censored}, but it's a pretty high threshold.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

It's just the dehydration.

Yep, dehydration is a bitch. Especially if you've been playing and drinking several days in a row. Gotta stay hydrated, and then the voice is pretty fine. I have decent technique, so I rarely lose my voice, unless I'm sick in some way.

I once killed most of a 0.7 of Smirnoff. Then I (tried) playing in a Metallica tribute act. Downstrokes on MOP..? Forget it :D:lol:

Archived