how well can you play when you're drunk?

guitarbilly74

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amazingly I do just fine no matter how hammered I am! I record every gig to catch mistakes and hear how things are going in general. On one particular occasion I got flat out smashed and judging by the recording, played just as well as always. The other guys in the band didn't realize how plastered I was until after the gig was over and were equally amazed at how I was able to play and sing flawlessly even though I could barely stand.

• Members

Amazingly I do just fine no matter how hammered I am! I record every gig to catch mistakes and hear how things are going in general. On one particular occasion I got flat out smashed and judging by the recording, played just as well as always. The other guys in the band didn't realize how plastered I was until after the gig was over and were equally amazed at how I was able to play and sing flawlessly even though I could barely stand.

That's how I usually am. I don't sing at all though, that would be harder lol

• Members

I'm trying to figure out how we played on acid in the 70's... we must have sucked...

David Crosby (think about THAT for a second) once said that the only guy he knew that could play on acid was Hendrix. Every time he tried, the strings melted.

Never tried it myself, but I vividly remember listening to Live Evil and watching green oatmeal pour out of the speakers during Iommi's lead break. The speakers that were directly behind me.

Golden Dolphin FTMFW.

• Members

oh Billy, you're such a badass rocker.

you should start a thread, telling us how badass you are..... oh wait

at least I start threads about amps, clips etc...

your history of posts here:

1- negative {censored} about everything

2- bragging about being a "pro" without anything to back it up

2- sucking nickelback's cock.

I've never seen you contribute with anything other than the above. What a miserable little {censored}er.

• Members

at least I start threads about amps, clips etc...

your history of posts here:

1- negative {censored} about everything

2- bragging about being a "pro" without anything to back it up

2- sucking nickelback's cock.

I've never seen you contribute with anything other than the above. What a miserable little {censored}er.

I make money (very little) playing music and doing sound. "brag" about it? you're the one making a thread bragging about how you can play drunk.

and you don't expect to get called on it? lol

and lol bigtime at you thinking you're some kind of contributor here, what a star

• Members

I make money (very little) playing music and doing sound. "brag" about it? you're the one making a thread bragging about how you can play drunk.

and you don't expect to get called on it? lol

and lol bigtime at you thinking you're some kind of contributor here, what a star

just as expected. What a bitter loser. Let's hear you "playing music", come on post something and I will swallow my words.

As usual, you won't do it, because you are just a bitter loser bitching about {censored} on the internet.

Prove me wrong.

• Members

19-25 i was alcohol fueled. my other guitarist and i drank a half pint of jack daniels in like 5 minutes, then go on stage and polish off a few beers durring the set, then drink until the bar closed, then go somewhere else and drink till 4am...every show.

I played awesome when i was drunk in those days. i really came out of my shell on stage too, without looking drunk. just brought out alot of energy in me i guess.

call it a grown up sugar high.

these days, the few times i do get drunk, i don't even try to play guitar. :lol:

• Members

just as expected. What a bitter loser. Let's hear you "playing music", come on post something and I will swallow my words.

As usual, you won't do it, because you are just a bitter loser bitching about {censored} on the internet.

Prove me wrong.

unlike yourself, I don't care how popular I am here, and I certainly don't care what you think of my bands or my playing.

what did I lose at? my battle with rockstar Billy? :lol:

if you were in my band and kept showing up drunk at gigs, I'd fire your ass.

• Members

blah blah.. I have nothing to show so I will keep bull{censored}ting etc...

:lol:

I never claimed to be a rockstar or even try to. I have a great day job, take care of my kid full-time and play music with my buddies for fun so I don't know what kind of {censored} you're on.

And as usual, you got absolutely nothing to show for... so keep talking, it's all you can do.

• Members

:lol:

I never claimed to be a rockstar or even try to. I have a great day job, take care of my kid full-time and play music with my buddies for fun so I don't know what kind of {censored} you're on.

And as usual, you got absolutely nothing to show for... so keep talking, it's all you can do.

awww, you changed my quote, that's original.

you keep implying that I'm a liar, that's all you've got, weak.

anyway, moving on.

Archived