how well can you play when you're drunk?

guitarbilly74

• Members

By drunk I don't mean lightly buzzed or completely passed out. Just at that nice spot were you are not just buzzed but you are not about completely out. :lol:

We had this jam last night with my band mates and a couple of friends and we drank a LOT :lol: It was interesting to see how the booze affects playing abilities differently for different players.

I held up well and could still play with no issues, and so did my drummer. My bass player was hanging in there but barely.... :facepalm: one of our friends (playing guitar) could barely play anything and gave up after a few tries. :lol: We had 2 singers and one of them manage to sing alright, the other guy kept forgetting lyrics and {censored}ing {censored} up :lol:

So yeah, how does the juice affect your playing?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't play at all even with a buzz. And I mean even REALLY basic stuff. Then the other guitar player I jam with gets {censored}faced every jam and it seems to have little to no effect on his playing. Honestly I don't know how people can still play after drinking, because I sure can't :lol:

• Members

really drunk? noooooo, not at all.

buzzed? yeeeesssss

in between? if I know the material well.

to add in an outside factor... if I have a ton of caffeine to where I'm wide awake and drunk? I can play my balls off. This is kind of unpredictable depending on an unknown number of factors so it's not something I plan for.

• Members

Eons ago, drunk or even barely standing I could outplay my entire band. But back then I had time to rehe the songs on my own/actually cared.

Now I'm in a band where the other guitar player thinks that bass and drums are there to "cover up mistakes" I care much less and can barely stand on my own buzzed because I am still WAY better than them when they are drunk.

Archived