Really, how bad are Bugera amps?

Chrisjd

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cereal doesnt burn my {censored}ing house down k thx.

Has a Bugera?

Nope.

Hey I don't own one or ever will(never even played one), but I'll defend to the death the right for companies to make more affordable versions of any product. It's only been going on since well forever.

While I enjoy my PNY gtx550 ti's in sli. Yep. They costed alot less than the Nvidia brand.

• Members

I wouldn't buy a Bugera simply based on the fact that they're {censored}ing leeches stealing circuitry and technology from other companies.

Not to be a dick or anything but you have 2 pretty blatant copies in your sig line gear wise, the Green Screamer and the Green Beret and im pretty sure Celestion and such didnt get any royalties either, some would say the exact same thing about them.

The 2 Bugera's i bought, i bought because i liked how they sounded. The v5 as far as i know isnt a copy of anything and has a lot more going for it than most 5 watt tube amps and the 1960 is bassier and louder than any plexi ive ever heard.

• Members

Not to be a dick or anything but you have 2 pretty blatant copies in your sig line gear wise, the Green Screamer and the Green Beret and im pretty sure Celestion and such didnt get any royalties either, some would say the exact same thing about them.

The 2 Bugera's i bought, i bought because i liked how they sounded. The v5 as far as i know isnt a copy of anything and has a lot more going for it than most 5 watt tube amps and the 1960 is bassier and louder than any plexi ive ever heard.

Neither are direct copies, especially the Green Berets. The Green Screamer is based on the Tubescreamer circuit but has significant enough differences to not be a straight replica. It also is true bypass which you can't get from the Ibby version. The Green Berets are made in the USA and are also not direct copies. I prefer them to the current production Chinese Celestions which are significantly more expensive despite being made in a country with horrible wages and labor laws.

• Members

Neither are direct copies, especially the Green Berets. The Green Screamer is based on the Tubescreamer circuit but has significant enough differences to not be a straight replica. It also is true bypass which you can't get from the Ibby version. The Green Berets are made in the USA and are also not direct copies. I prefer them to the current production Chinese Celestions which are significantly more expensive despite being made in a country with horrible wages and labor laws.

You could make the same argument about Bugera. My 1960 has an FX loop and onboard reverb, not usual fare for plexi's. The bugera 6260/333/whatever clones are now gonna have that whole tube monitoring thing and yes added reverb to the heads, plus they dont really sound the same.

Sure it was underhanded to try to copy Peavey and call it something very close but Green Screamer? Green Beret? Both are cheaper copies of well known and loved products, hell WGS has pretty much made a name for themselves for their cheaper clone-ish speakers.

Im not knocking WGS, hell i love the Green Beret's myself, im just saying that taking the moral high ground against the evil dastardly Bugera while playing thru companies products that are doing the same thing isnt all that logical.

• Members
...taking the moral high ground against the evil dastardly Bugera while playing thru companies products that are doing the same thing isnt all that logical.

Since when has logic played a part in any Behringer/Bugera discussion? :lol:

• Members

I just don't see the desire in owning anything they make knowing that it's horrible quality, especially when you can get used amps for the same price of their new stuff that sound better and are more robust in construction. I got my Peavey VTM 60 for $300 and my Sunn Sceptre for $400. I'm positive that they smoke any Bugera in terms of tone AND quality of construction.

Also, one big difference between Behringer/Bugera and other companies who make classicly inspired units is the volume of the products that they're manufacturing. I highly doubt WGS is affecting the market for Celestions the same way Bugera is affecting the market for Peavey amps.

• Members

Used amps have no warranty. You never know what has been done to them.

What if folks don't want a Sunn Sceptre or a VTM60 but something that only Bugera models offer in the price range?

Decent amps sold affordably. I really don't know why so many folks get sand in their vaginas because of it.

• Members

I don't know why ^^ chripsullivan^^ has such a bug up his butt about Bugeras. He keeps bring up the same points over & over 'Buy a Peavey'. I remember in the 70s & 80s Peavey having not the best sounding & looking amps -plus that logo. Mr Peavey designed it on his notebook in high school - & looks like it. But that's my PERSONAL opinion. I know that Peavey thru the years has improved & made some nice sounding amps, but I personally can't get past those years of sub-par amps. I know musicians of my age that have gone thru that & have the same opinion. That's why I would never buy one. But that's just me.

• Members

I don't know why ^^ chripsullivan^^ has such a bug up his butt about Bugeras. He keeps bring up the same points over & over 'Buy a Peavey'. I remember in the 70s & 80s Peavey having not the best sounding & looking amps -plus that logo. Mr Peavey designed it on his notebook in high school - & looks like it. But that's my PERSONAL opinion. I know that Peavey thru the years has improved & made some nice sounding amps, but I personally can't get past those years of sub-par amps. I know musicians of my age that have gone thru that & have the same opinion. That's why I would never buy one. But that's just me.

because he's an idiot kid trying to defend his own position that he deemed ok. it's ok to use straight ripoff products, as long as it's a brand he uses.

• Members
Now they're BETTER THAN A PLEXI!!!!!
:lol::facepalm:

Not better, just bassier and louder. If i wanted a plexi tone id buy a plexi, i wanted a plexi-esc sound with more bass.

Also, one big difference between Behringer/Bugera and other companies who make classicly inspired units is the volume of the products that they're manufacturing. I highly doubt WGS is affecting the market for Celestions the same way Bugera is affecting the market for Peavey amps.

You rarely,if ever, hear of someone ditching their Peavey for a Bugera but many many many people have ditched their celestions for WGS.

because he's an idiot kid trying to defend his own position that he deemed ok. it's ok to use straight ripoff products, as long as it's a brand he uses

Honestly i agree. There is a hell of a lot of gear out their that copies/sorta copies something else so if you cant stand that mentality you really cant play music.

I dont know why everyone gets in a huff about Bugera, i would think that as musicians, most of whom arent rich, would welcome affordable amps. If you want a Triple XXX, get a Triple XXX, if you want a Plexi, get a plexi, but if you are looking at getting something that has Plexi features(loud, 4 input, ability to mix channels together) and has other stuff you want(in my case added bass) why not get the Bugera. It wont replace a Plexi or be PLEXIER THAN PLEXI!!!!!! as our resident Laney-ist has said but it does cover some tonal ground.

Archived