Genre & Booze

Stackabones

• Members

I said don't ask!
;)
It's just a personal association caused by family members who aren't happy with their playing when they're on the Guinness, so the barman has to produce a pint of blackcurrant cordial.

That makes sense. When I'm plaing in a trad session, I stick to Rock Shandy. Even after only two or three pints, some of those jigs and reels get a little bit too complicated for my mind and fingers.

• Members

ummmm, I don't don't drink anything more than pop.....

and pop drank a lot:)

Good one. :D

ETA - I only play and drink beer so as I think my voice is good.

Same here. Beer gives me the notion I can sing and fools my ears into thinking it actually sounds decent.

• Members

Punk & Heroin

and Rock & Heroin

and Jazz & Heroin

and Blues & Heroin

and Country & Heroin

and Classical & Heroin

and Pop & Heroin

and ...

Seems like most genres have had their share of horse and morphine addicts...

• Members

I only drink water and I play folk music.
:idk:

Thanks. I was going to say Contemporary Christian and communion wine. Contemporary Christian is about all I play on a regular basis and I rarely drink (and even then we Methodists use grape juice anyway).

• Members

Thanks. I was going to say Contemporary Christian and communion wine. Contemporary Christian is about all I play on a regular basis and I rarely drink (and even then we Methodists use grape juice anyway).

So, I guess as a Catholic ...

Mass & Real Presence

• Members

Nothing with Blues. I'm sick of the Blues.

Everything goes with Bossa Nova - I like it sober or with Hennessy.

Beer - Country. Texas Swing. And especially Jerry Lee Lewis.

I've been sober too much lately.

French Pop music is great sober or drunk.

Settle in with a glass of good vin rouge and listen to

"Paroles Paroles" with Dalida and Alain Delon. You'll savor it forever.

It was made in 1973. Sold millions. And most Americans have never heard it. Made it into several movies too.

This is a classic example of the beauty and versatility of the Bossa Nova arrangement. Bossa Nova conquered Jazz, Film Music and it conquered European Pop. Too bad so few North American musicians have noticed.

You cannot help but succumb to romantic notions when you hear this arrangement. And the orchestration - was written to slay millions. And it did, including moi.

This song also show the beauty of the french language both spoken and sung. As Alain Delon's parts are spoken. Dalida's are sung beautifully. (She's Egyptian BTW).

If you're a teacher - never make the mistake of playing this song for your students. You'll be hearing Teacher, play bon bon & chocolates every day,

Archived