WTF are these things called?

Whalebot

• Members

Hello ladies and gentlemen :) My name is rickoshea and I prefer my Yamaha Pacifica 112 over a Strat I once owned. However I did replace the neck with human cervical vertebrae.
For the record .... Gary knows a lot more than people give him credit for. You can all trust me on that one. Or call me an asshole :lol:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Conjecture was used as a verb in the statement.

Contrary to what you may believe, conjecture is not an exotic word that required your definition.

Now I know your
opinion
on the matter.

Is there anything else you want to talk about or definition you would like to share?

Please feel free to open up.
:thu:

So you agree that it was used correctly and not as a slight?

• Members
. . . My name is rickoshea and I prefer my Yamaha Pacifica 112 over a Strat I once owned. . . . . . . . . . Or call me an asshole
:lol:

I too prefer my Yamaha Pacifica 112 to a strat :thu: . . . . . . and not because of the string trees.

Alas I don't know what asshole is in Welsh :facepalm:

• Members

So you agree that it was used correctly and not as a slight?

No, you failed to sway me with your opinion.

Sorry, but we will have to agree to disagree because I know what he meant by "conjecture away".

I appreciate your effort to defend Guitar Stringer.

You are a great guy. :thu:

• Members

No, you failed to sway me with your opinion.

Sorry, but we will have to agree to disagree because I know what he meant by "conjecture away".

I appreciate your effort to defend Guitar Stringer.

You are a great guy.

Just so I'm clear, since I am apparently bad at this type of thing. In a typed conversation, with no body language or vocal tone clues, how to you "Know what he meant" when "What he meant" wasn't what he said. I am of course not doubting you but this could be useful to me in the future.

EDIT: Actually I don't know Guitar Stringer and later in the thread he made some comment about teaching us how guitars were made or some such pompous foolishness which I commented on. I just don't see what the big deal with the "Conjecture anyway" comment is. (see above)

• Members

Just so I'm clear, since I am apparently bad at this type of thing. In a typed conversation, with no body language or vocal tone clues, how to you "Know what he meant" when "What he meant" wasn't what he said. I am of course not doubting you but this could be useful to me in the future.

EDIT: Actually I don't know Guitar Stringer and later in the thread he made some comment about teaching us how guitars were made or some such pompous foolishness which I commented on. I just don't see what the big deal with the "Conjecture anyway" comment is. (see above)

Guitar Stringer is not new here. I went by his body of work here to make the judgement that he was insulting me with his conjecture dig.

Go study his previous posts and get back to me.

I will ignore the fact that you threw an insult at him in this thread when he said nothing bad directly to you.

No need to climb in the ivory tower on my end. I like it at ground level.

• Members
Whatever you say, Mr. Internet Tough guy. I would hate to get punched in the face by you.
:lol:

There are numerous folks on the AGF that actually build guitars for a living with their names on the headstock. Why would you insult them? I know you think you know every thing under the sun, but everyone has a limit to their skill set and knowledge (including you). All I know is you don't act like an asshole on that forum. I think we both know why.
;)

You think your {censored} doesn't stink and you are the level headed voice of reason on this forum (well, when you're not threatening people with violence). I like that about you.

Oh, I almost forget. You are wrong and a liar.

Never a problem Budda-like. :thu: I've threatened nobody, but did say what I'd do if he said the same thing to me in person. There's a big difference and you're unnecessarily blowing that out of all proportion. I frankly don't care if I get banned for what was said and certainly don't care about what you continue trying to say..... Especially since confirming your ideas concerning luthiery are loosely based upon Marvel comic output. You're a joke lad.

The vast majority of "luthiers" on AGF had only ever seen the inside of a kit guitar building course before comparitively recently setting themselves up as internet based "Luthiers". Yes, I occasionally visit AGF, but not from a participation perspective and certainly not for some otherwise - un-named by yourself - reason. I prefer to try and help others rather than gloat on the self advertisement of my wares and AGF tends toward internet based luthiery while disregarding those without an internet presence. Why don't I have a website? Because I never needed to advertise any of my work during 38yrs involvement within the stringed instrument making business and all of my company's work came via recommendations primarily from within the professional musician community. Not window shoppers or eye candy hunters, but still full order books up until 2012.

Cast another stone and by all means speak plainly, but beware your aim. ;)

• Members

Guitar Stringer is not new here. I went by his body of work here to make the judgement that he was insulting me with his conjecture dig.

Go study his previous posts and get back to me.

I will ignore the fact that you threw an insult at him in this thread when he said nothing bad directly to you.

No need to climb in the ivory tower on my end. I like it at ground level.

Ivory tower? I stand by comment earlier in the thread no need to ignore it. As I mentioned I don't have the mind reading ability you do so when people post a comment I can only go by what is posted not by the hidden meaning and the post you found so offense did not look to me meant to be.

Five pages later saying that his whole reason for posting here is to educate me on how a guitar works I found pompous. And so I told him. I didn't view it as a thrown insult, like say calling someone an asshole, more as a observation.

• Members

If that's your goal in life I'm not one to try and prevent you, but you'll definitely need to dye your hair and pony tail if you're going to wear the dress and makeup to match that laugh.

More of your adoring fans who just can't get enough of your biting satire, wit and witicism.

[YOUTUBE]9xH0xorgUoI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Never a problem Budda-like.
I've threatened nobody, but did say what I'd do if he said the same thing to me in person. There's a big difference and you're unnecessarily blowing that out of all proportion. I frankly don't care if I get banned for what was said and certainly don't care about what you continue trying to say..... Especially since confirming your ideas concerning luthiery are loosely based upon Marvel comic output. You're a joke lad.

The vast majority of "luthiers" on AGF had only ever seen the inside of a kit guitar building course before comparitively recently setting themselves up as internet based "Luthiers". Yes, I occasionally visit AGF, but not from a participation perspective and certainly not for some otherwise - un-named by yourself - reason. I prefer to try and help others rather than gloat on the self advertisement of my wares and AGF tends toward internet based luthiery while disregarding those without an internet presence. Why don't I have a website? Because I never needed to advertise any of my work during 38yrs involvement within the stringed instrument making business and all of my company's work came via recommendations primarily from within the professional musician community. Not window shoppers or eye candy hunters, but still full order books up until 2012.

Cast another stone and by all means speak plainly, but beware your aim.
;)

Why are you wasting your time justifying yourself to me?

You may be a competent luthier, but I don't respect you as a human being.

You are a hot head and a bully.

Archived